[Guide] How to watch DVD's on your Android with subtitles.

Search This thread

mafiapanda

Mar 15, 2010
Århus
Yo guys, I've recently found a nice way to watch movies on Android, in HD, with subtitles, completly free, so i'm making a tutorial.
If anyone likes it, please click the "thank" button, and if enough request, i could make a youtube video about it.
Nuff' said, let's get to it!​

STEP 1: What do i need?
Recruitments:
-An Android phone which can handle 720P movies.

Handbrake, a DVD ripper which can be found here:
http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

-A usb data cable.

-Enough memory on your phone, around 500MB-1000MB per movie.
-mVideoPlayer which can be found on Android Market for free.

STEP 2: Rip your DVD!
Open up HandBrake, and click on the arrow, next to "source"
Choose your DVD and let it load.
Handbrake already have MP4 as standard format, which we are going to use so choose your destinations folder, and pick a simple name without spaces.

Now start the process and let it load, this might take a while.
13.png

STEP 3: What about subtitles?
Now, if you need subtitles for your movie, it's no problem!
Just grab your subtitles from a site like http://www.opensubtitles.org
And place them in the same folder as your MP4, with the exact same name as the MP4 you just created.
31.png

STEP 4: Placing it on your phone!

First of all, plug in your phone to your computer, and go to the root of the SD card. Find or create a folder called "video" place both MP4 and the subtitles in that folder.
41.png

When it's done, unplug the USB.

STEP 5: Playing it on your phone!
Goto mVideoPlayer which you downloaded from the market, and click on the refresh button on the top of the app!

Your movie should then show up, with "subtitles: yes" If it does, try to play it and see how it goes!

If it works, yay! enjoy a movie on your phone!
-------------------

-If you have any trouble read this:

I do not see the movie in the app!
Click on "refresh" button at the top!
There is no subtitles!
Make sure the subtitles and the movie has the same name!
My video is green, and blurry and extreamly laggy:
Well, i ripped around 10 dvd's and 2 of them had this problem, i goggled it and i read it was some copy protection, i'm not sure exactly what it is, but if you know it please tell me.
My ripping didn't worked!
Well, not all videos can be ripped using this method, try another DVD, if that works' you got the problem.

Well, if you have any other questions, just shoot! i will reply happily! :)

Last edited:

Justice™

Jul 3, 2011
Not all DVDs can be ripped using this method. (Different/better copy protection).
You might want to add that into your main post.

Offtopic: First Post!

Dazzleroid

Jul 1, 2011
Sunderland
Handbrake tutorial for acr on Know Your Cell

I found a great indepth guide on Know Your Cell. Just google know your cell handbrake tutorial arc and you will find it. (can't post link due to noobness!)

This guide worked for me. handbrake works fine. However the step to change resolution did not work for me. Might have been the resolution of the avi not being able to change but the movie converted and played fine on the phone.

brook51

May 30, 2011
yeah. It's working fine here. But the problem with my video is that the subtitle freezes all the way until the next script. Kinda annoying. I'm using Samsung Video app.

kaolick

Jan 19, 2011
Münster
When you rip a DVD with Handbrake you also have the possibility to add the subtitles directly from the DVD. Is there any player for Android that can deal with that? It's no problem on Mac or PC (VLC or Quicktime f. e.).

Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yo guys, I've recently found a nice way to watch movies on Android, in HD, with subtitles, completly free, so i'm making a tutorial.
    If anyone likes it, please click the "thank" button, and if enough request, i could make a youtube video about it.
    Nuff' said, let's get to it!​

STEP 1: What do i need?
    Recruitments:
    -An Android phone which can handle 720P movies.

Handbrake, a DVD ripper which can be found here:
    http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

-A usb data cable.

-Enough memory on your phone, around 500MB-1000MB per movie.
    -mVideoPlayer which can be found on Android Market for free.

STEP 2: Rip your DVD!
    Open up HandBrake, and click on the arrow, next to "source"
    Choose your DVD and let it load.
    Handbrake already have MP4 as standard format, which we are going to use so choose your destinations folder, and pick a simple name without spaces.

Now start the process and let it load, this might take a while.
    13.png

STEP 3: What about subtitles?
    Now, if you need subtitles for your movie, it's no problem!
    Just grab your subtitles from a site like http://www.opensubtitles.org
    And place them in the same folder as your MP4, with the exact same name as the MP4 you just created.
    31.png

STEP 4: Placing it on your phone!

First of all, plug in your phone to your computer, and go to the root of the SD card. Find or create a folder called "video" place both MP4 and the subtitles in that folder.
    41.png

When it's done, unplug the USB.

STEP 5: Playing it on your phone!
    Goto mVideoPlayer which you downloaded from the market, and click on the refresh button on the top of the app!

Your movie should then show up, with "subtitles: yes" If it does, try to play it and see how it goes!

If it works, yay! enjoy a movie on your phone!
    -------------------

-If you have any trouble read this:

I do not see the movie in the app!
    Click on "refresh" button at the top!
    There is no subtitles!
    Make sure the subtitles and the movie has the same name!
    My video is green, and blurry and extreamly laggy:
    Well, i ripped around 10 dvd's and 2 of them had this problem, i goggled it and i read it was some copy protection, i'm not sure exactly what it is, but if you know it please tell me.
    My ripping didn't worked!
    Well, not all videos can be ripped using this method, try another DVD, if that works' you got the problem.

Well, if you have any other questions, just shoot! i will reply happily! :)

Yes ... It was once featured in CNET they don't host illegal software.
    When you rip a DVD with Handbrake you also have the possibility to add the subtitles directly from the DVD. Is there any player for Android that can deal with that? It's no problem on Mac or PC (VLC or Quicktime f. e.).

Any ideas?

Dice player can deal with almost everything , it can play mkv 1080P + subtitle and no lagg on Sgs 2.