[ROM][2.3.6]SGH-I997 UCLB3[Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox, Zipaligned..

Search This thread

rxnelson

Aug 30, 2011
Dman, I'm testing this new leak and like some people have reported, the touch screen is more responsive. And wifi doesn't disconnect like the other leaks. I'm liking this new leak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

For the wifi, do you mean the leak or the rooted version? I ask because I think I'm having wifi dropouts as well. I only notice when streaming radio at work. I was blaming the work wifi but a guy across the hall is streaming the same station on ipad without drops. It has happened on numasx and Zeus so maybe I'll give this leak a shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
Qkster ...u using my guide to make you an EPM yet?? LOL.. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

zsolti256

Sep 13, 2010
after flashing the kernel in the first post recovery mode has scrambled colors, its unusable. but video works...

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
after flashing the kernel in the first post recovery mode has scrambled colors, its unusable. but video works...

rainbows due to lack of boot loaders.
if you want, odin stock leak, odin entropy for recovery then flash this version.
you can also heimdall 1 click uckj4 twice..follow OP..although link may be down. then flash defuse for recovery. check adam outler's thread

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
Yes... if your seeing rainbows then you don't have gingerbread bootloaders

zsolti256

Sep 13, 2010
thanks, im trying
Ive flashed 3 roms already with no luck!
can you link me an odin package with 2,3 bootloaders? i cant find any, i dont know the codes , and theres no mention if the odin package is gingerbread or not.

Last edited:

Dale362

Jan 4, 2012
Man....... I am a supernoob at all this and even I am getting a headache at some of the questions being asked.. LOL

Oh snap.. I might have 1 myself LOL

Ltilt2

Sep 1, 2010
Los Angeles
thanks, im trying
Ive flashed 3 roms already with no luck!
can you link me an odin package with 2,3 bootloaders? i cant find any, i dont know the codes , and theres no mention if the odin package is gingerbread or not.

Seriously if you dont know where to get the Odin package, I dont think its a good idea to flash any rom. You need to read before you start playing with your phone. Really ppl, read, read and read some more.

zsolti256

Sep 13, 2010
Seriously if you dont know where to get the Odin package, I dont think its a good idea to flash any rom. You need to read before you start playing with your phone. Really ppl, read, read and read some more.

Look , ive been flashing roms since 2010.
I have found Stock_Root-Mod3e-UCKD5_Odin it is said to be a gingerbread rom, but even that didnt work.
Or maybe It rewrites the old bootloaders When I flash voodoo community kernel?

Last edited:

cablegooru

Oct 16, 2011
running dmans rooted rom UCLB3, just got home and got the stock kernel for video. disabled voodoo in cwm and tried to flash with sgs kernel flasher but keeps giving error, did i miss something?

EDIT: NM sorry i extracted the zipfile them put on card, flashed entire zip file and worked...

Last edited:

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
running dmans rooted rom UCLB3, just got home and got the stock kernel for video. disabled voodoo in cwm and tried to flash with sgs kernel flasher but keeps giving error, did i miss something?

EDIT: NM sorry i extracted the zipfile them put on card, flashed entire zip file and worked...

yeah..sgs flasher..needs kernel in a zip package. without zip, it won't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, As promised the rooted version...

Enjoy!

This rom includes entrpys daily driver, thank him for all his hars work!

Boot into CWM
    Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache
    choose zip
    flash zip
    reboot
    enjoy

Download here:

UCLB3 Rooted

TO GET VIDEO BACK UNZIP ZIMAGE_UCLB3.ZIP AND FLASH WITH SGS KERNEL FLASHER. BE SURE TO DISABLE VOODOO LAGFIX FIRST!

DOWNLOAD STOCK KERNEL HERE:

UCLB3 STOCK KERNEL
    And yet people like you keep replying.

Now I will reply and only once. The trolling stops. This is a development forum not a rom forum. If you are not here to learn something then YOUR DOING IT WRONG!

So until you can fix all your issues on your own or offer some valid info then stop with the trolling.
    Anyone still using this? I'm using it as a last option because no custom ROMs seem to be working as fully as this. ICS has a ton of bugs, and modified GB ROMs are made by unpopular devs with little bug support.

Unpopular devs? Little bug support? There are no "unpopular" or "popular" devs...sure some are more skilled then others but hey if you wanna dev you gotta start somewhere...and if you post a question in the Q&A section you'll get TONS of bug support for the most part

And ics with a ton of bugs??? I've been out of an infuse for a while but when I left there was only 1 or 2 major bugs...and now it appears that those are fixed and its just minor bugs...heck from what I've read it sounds like Bluetooth on cm9 is working better then it did on cm7...although I could've misinterpreted it and it is actually only on cm7 levels

I guess all I'm trying to get at is there is no need for non-constructive criticism...if your gonna critique something than be specific about what the problem is and what you would like done, but in a polite non rude way of course...you gotta help devs help you...saying here are "tons of bugs", "little support", or "unpopular" doesnt make any one wanna really help and if anything it actually slows down development and actually it often makes devs either quit or stop sharing here master pieces...and in my eyes, every rom is a master piece, even the ones with the most bugs

BTW...this stock rom is really nice for a change, its kinda like going on a nice relaxing vacation after being busy for sooo long :p

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda app-developers app
    You should look into making your own Rom bud.

That's what I did. uploadfromtaptalk1341973699352.jpg made just for my personal use:D

i downloaded this one,did a full and compleete wipe,imstalled..no mods,no added apps,compleete the way you have it..i did it because aeon was doing the same.

it's hard to say..

if I was looking to troubleshoot this, I would start by removing any addition and bring the phone back to factory to see if it would work the way it was intended.
    take out any external sdcard
    factory reset
    odin or heimdall back to compete samsung uclb3 stock...complete stock. no backup restore
    see if the wifi issues persist...if it does, reset the router and dhcp lease..and try again
    if you are on complete stock and wifi still drops..maybe open the phone and check for corrosions
    this will let you separate hardware from software issues.