[ruu] [stock] att 2.20 ota

Search This thread

eraste

Aug 5, 2011
Griffin, Ga
www.emblwpdesign.com
Here is the RUU for the OTA ATT 2.20 update.

Warning if you use this RUU you cannot go back to a lower RUU ( 1.85, etc ) or lower firmware as the HbOOTS are different! This is more for us that have already done the update. This will help us get back to stock if something goes foul.

There is no benefit for anyone to run this RUU as of now until root, etc is sorted out. Like I said for now mainly for us that already updated.

Thanks to scrolser for the link and DvineLord for initial find

Issues:*
1. If you update you will get a newer hboot, you may not be able to use other older ruu's such as 1.85, etc. Recommend immediately making a backup once rooted, unlocked, etc.*
2. Updating results in boot.IMG from custom roms not being flashed again. Have to flash the boot.IMG of custom Rom in fastboot as before.*
3. Radio.img will not flash on new hboot either must be done in fastboot same as boot.img.

HTC One X for AT&T ROM Update | 8.02.2012
Starting August 2nd 2012, HTC will be rolling out a system update for the HTC One X.

This update will only be available for AT&T HTC One X customers and will be sent to the device over the air. Once the release is ready, users will receive a notification on their device advising them of this update and provide instructions to receive and install it. Users can proactively check for this update by going to Home > All Apps > Settings > AT&T Software Update > Check for updates.
As an alternative solution, the system update can be downloaded to a PC and manually applied to the device. See the section at the bottom of these instructions for more information.
This system update includes:

New features:

NFC Capabilities
Additional content added to HTC Hub
Third party music applications accessible from the Car application.

Fixes/Updates:

Wi-Fi connectivity fixes
Improved Bluetooth automobile compatibility
3G/4G connectivity improvements
HTC Sense fixes
Contacts synchronization fix
Network time fix (clock displays 30 minutes off)

WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the battery as this will stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!

Getting Started
Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:

Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update, possibly longer based on Wi-Fi network speed
Connect the device to a charger
Ensure the battery is charged to at least 30%
Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network to download the software file.

Installation instructions
To manually perform the update, follow these steps below:

From the Home screen, tap All apps and then tap Settings.
Tap AT&T Software Update.
Tap Check for updates.
Tap OK to download the update.
After you select your method of download, you will be prompted with a Wi-Fi or Data fee warning message. If this is acceptable, tap OK to start the upgrade process.
Status of the download can be viewed in the Notifications pull down.
Once the download is complete, the user will be prompted to install from the Notifications pull down. Tap the System update to begin the upgrade process.
Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 2.20.502.7.
Device will reboot and begin installation. Users will not be able to use their device during the installation process (approximately 10 minutes).
System update complete. Tap OK to continue

Manual system update instructions:
If you are outside of AT&T/Wi-Fi coverage, or the update is not found, you may perform a manual system update.

Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. See the Help & How To section of this website for more information on backing up your device contents.

Performing the ROM Update:

Download and save the HTC One X™ for AT&T ROM update to your PC.
Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable. NOTE: You must have HTC Sync Manager installed on your PC in order to run the update.
NOTE: If you do not have HTC Sync Manager installed already, you may download the software from http://www.htc.com/us/support/.
Ensure the device is properly recognized on the PC, then locate the HTC One X™ for AT&T ROM Update that you downloaded. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
Once the initial setup process is complete, the device is ready for use.

Download

portions of this post copyright HTC 2012. All rights reserved to them.

Last edited:

slippers67

Nov 8, 2010
OP really needs to post the warnings that come with the new RUU! Do not flash if you run custom roms

Well, it's not that bad really. As long as you have supercid you can unlock your bootloader again, install twrp recovery, and go back to flashing custom roms. You simply lose the ability to flash kernels within recovery, instead having to revert to doing it in fastboot. Honestly it isn't that much of an inconvenience.

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Well, it's not that bad really. As long as you have supercid you can unlock your bootloader again, install twrp recovery, and go back to flashing custom roms. You simply lose the ability to flash kernels within recovery, instead having to revert to doing it in fastboot. Honestly it isn't that much of an inconvenience.

yeah if you know what you're doing, but damn I'm going to miss the one stop flashing we used to have.

eraste

Aug 5, 2011
Griffin, Ga
www.emblwpdesign.com

Warning if you use this RUU you cannot go back to a lower RUU ( 1.85, etc ) or lower firmware as the HbOOTS are different! This is more for us that have already done the update. This will help us get back to stock if something goes foul.

There is no benefit for anyone to run this RUU as of now until root, etc is sorted out. Like I said for now mainly for us that already updated.

I thought that was good?

OP really needs to post the warnings that come with the new RUU! Do not flash if you run custom roms

This was to be helpful for us that already did OTA. I agree tho if one isint literate in the world of android wait to use this until all the things above are worked out.

scribed on my 2.20 HOX

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com

yea thats fine if you know how, but why make everyones life harder when this upgrade is older then the asia 2.23.

its just going to make a lot of un needed posts to developers asking why the rom dont boot and so on. Run this ruu and it will cause more problems then anyone needs. As well as set you back from any S-Off development.

But that is my warning. Just saying, i cant see it from my house, my phone flashes
kernels just fine and always will. One Stop flashing.

Reactions: Scott and gunnyman

eraste

Aug 5, 2011
Griffin, Ga
www.emblwpdesign.com
I just hope you dev guys are extra super careful with your phones. Get a replacement with 2.20 on it and you're screwed. :(

I prefer ATT based things, not racist lol just prefer the ATT stuff it works better for me as I'm in America. I would like to think root, mount points, etc will be available so everyone can benefit. This is important because of your statement. Anyone needing a new phone now for some reason be it broken, screen etc will get this build. Not 1.85 anymore. I definitely don't think it needs to be backseated just because asia is 2.23. Us in America will be screwed as new phones ship with 2.20 not 2.23. I have faith lol who knows new hboot may have a flaw that finally allows s off.

scribed on my 2.20 HOX

Nrod0784

Jun 21, 2011
To be honest I jumped on the update. It fixed a lot of the issues I had with 4.0.3 sense. I still have my unlock and I'm rooted. These times are like mini vacations from flashing. I also happen to have confidence in you devs, and also know that sooner or later (probably later) HTC will release source for this updated kernel and the dev will kick off again.

Although I don't envy you devs having to deal with people who don't read.

Thanks eraste for posting this as well as the guide for updating safely.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

eraste

Aug 5, 2011
Griffin, Ga
www.emblwpdesign.com
To be honest I jumped on the update. It fixed a lot of the issues I had with 4.0.3 sense. I still have my unlock and I'm rooted. These times are like mini vacations from flashing. I also happen to have confidence in you devs, and also know that sooner or later (probably later) HTC will release source for this updated kernel and the dev will kick off again.

Although I don't envy you devs having to deal with people who don't read.

Thanks eraste for posting this as well as the guide for updating safely.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Anytime

scribed on my 2.20 HOX

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
I prefer ATT based things, not racist lol just prefer the ATT stuff it works better for me as I'm in America. I would like to think root, mount points, etc will be available so everyone can benefit. This is important because of your statement. Anyone needing a new phone now for some reason be it broken, screen etc will get this build. Not 1.85 anymore. I definitely don't think it needs to be backseated just because asia is 2.23. Us in America will be screwed as new phones ship with 2.20 not 2.23. I have faith lol who knows new hboot may have a flaw that finally allows s off.

scribed on my 2.20 HOX

Well I'm in america too! but i thought a warning would be nice, But what do i know

Reactions: eraste

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos
i think his warning was sufficient enough. he stated no benefits of flashing. unless you already did it prior. plus there are other threads who state warnings as well. people dont care or dont read and will flash anyway :laugh:

not taking sides i see what people do here that go against there better judgments or even when told not too :laugh:

Reactions: fitchpuckman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Issues:*
    1. If you update you will get a newer hboot, you may not be able to use other older ruu's such as 1.85, etc. Recommend immediately making a backup once rooted, unlocked, etc.*
    2. Updating results in boot.IMG from custom roms not being flashed again. Have to flash the boot.IMG of custom Rom in fastboot as before.*
    3. Radio.img will not flash on new hboot either must be done in fastboot same as boot.img.

HTC One X for AT&T ROM Update | 8.02.2012
    Starting August 2nd 2012, HTC will be rolling out a system update for the HTC One X.

This update will only be available for AT&T HTC One X customers and will be sent to the device over the air. Once the release is ready, users will receive a notification on their device advising them of this update and provide instructions to receive and install it. Users can proactively check for this update by going to Home > All Apps > Settings > AT&T Software Update > Check for updates.
    As an alternative solution, the system update can be downloaded to a PC and manually applied to the device. See the section at the bottom of these instructions for more information.
    This system update includes:

New features:

NFC Capabilities
    Additional content added to HTC Hub
    Third party music applications accessible from the Car application.

Fixes/Updates:

Wi-Fi connectivity fixes
    Improved Bluetooth automobile compatibility
    3G/4G connectivity improvements
    HTC Sense fixes
    Contacts synchronization fix
    Network time fix (clock displays 30 minutes off)

WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the battery as this will stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!

Getting Started
    Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:

Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update, possibly longer based on Wi-Fi network speed
    Connect the device to a charger
    Ensure the battery is charged to at least 30%
    Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network to download the software file.

Installation instructions
    To manually perform the update, follow these steps below:

From the Home screen, tap All apps and then tap Settings.
    Tap AT&T Software Update.
    Tap Check for updates.
    Tap OK to download the update.
    After you select your method of download, you will be prompted with a Wi-Fi or Data fee warning message. If this is acceptable, tap OK to start the upgrade process.
    Status of the download can be viewed in the Notifications pull down.
    Once the download is complete, the user will be prompted to install from the Notifications pull down. Tap the System update to begin the upgrade process.
    Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 2.20.502.7.
    Device will reboot and begin installation. Users will not be able to use their device during the installation process (approximately 10 minutes).
    System update complete. Tap OK to continue

Manual system update instructions:
    If you are outside of AT&T/Wi-Fi coverage, or the update is not found, you may perform a manual system update.

Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. See the Help & How To section of this website for more information on backing up your device contents.

Performing the ROM Update:

Download and save the HTC One X™ for AT&T ROM update to your PC.
    Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable. NOTE: You must have HTC Sync Manager installed on your PC in order to run the update.
    NOTE: If you do not have HTC Sync Manager installed already, you may download the software from http://www.htc.com/us/support/.
    Ensure the device is properly recognized on the PC, then locate the HTC One X™ for AT&T ROM Update that you downloaded. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
    Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
    Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
    Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
    Once the initial setup process is complete, the device is ready for use.

Download

portions of this post copyright HTC 2012. All rights reserved to them.
    Someone rated the thread poorly. Thats real encouraging to new upcoming devs, moders, etc. Hurt my feelings LMAO j/k. Everyone starts somewhere. :cool:
    Thank you for not using File Factory haha

yea thats fine if you know how, but why make everyones life harder when this upgrade is older then the asia 2.23.

its just going to make a lot of un needed posts to developers asking why the rom dont boot and so on. Run this ruu and it will cause more problems then anyone needs. As well as set you back from any S-Off development.

But that is my warning. Just saying, i cant see it from my house, my phone flashes
    kernels just fine and always will. One Stop flashing.