Terrible notification delay

Search This thread

xda_emanuel

Mar 23, 2012
Guys, im currently on android 4.4.2 (catalysm rom) I've a significant delay notification while screen off, when i turn off the screen the notifications magically comes out. How to fix it??? I've tried everything, flash the stock image, flash a kernel with prima drivers, turn off wifi optimization, changed radio from .98 to .97, did some test on wifi file changes like alot thread say, but nothing, still have this problem, does somebody have found a fix? Please any help is really appreciated.

gabe13

Sep 11, 2012
yo've tried to go back to stock using wug's toolkit ....when you do this ,wug's toolkit wipes the hole memory chip and then install the bootloader ..system ...etc etc. how do you installed the stock?

xda_emanuel

Mar 23, 2012
yo've tried to go back to stock using wug's toolkit ....when you do this ,wug's toolkit wipes the hole memory chip and then install the bootloader ..system ...etc etc. how do you installed the stock?
Yeah this morning i reverted back stock using that toolkit but with no succes, i flashed the 4.4.2 image

Maybe trying Push Notification Fixer from Play store?

Useless app, if my notification are not instant, the min heartbeat is 1 min so still have 1 min delay? Whats the point of that app. Useless for my problem

D

Deleted member 1349438

I've noticed the same behavior ever since moving to 4.3 and 4.4 ROMs. But when I was on 4.2 ROMs, notifications were instantaneous.

My best example is w/ gmail. My credit card sends me an email whenever a transaction is made on my card. When I was on 4.2 ROMs the gmail notification pops up the moment I swipe my card. But when I moved to 4.3 ROMs and currently on 4.4, I'd have to turn my phone on, unlock the screen, and a few minutes later the notification would finally arrive. Some days i contemplate moving back to 4.2 ROMs cuz even my Google voice texts come in delayed as well.

I tried that app that was recommended but it didn't work for me. I still had to turn on my phone to get my gmail credit card notification. Guess my new habit of checking my phone every hour isn't going away. LoL.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

timmae87

Jan 27, 2013
I notice this ussue sometimes with whatsapp. Then im getting like a hundred messages at once when i wake my nexus up. But i can't reproduce it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xda_emanuel

Mar 23, 2012
try lastest ak kernel, it contains the new prima drivers

I ve already tried the ak kernel. Those drivers doesnt help much, as you can see on qualcoom git they are working on bugs and trying to fix them. Ak already said the new prima driver are up on kitkat branch so guys we need to wait the new kernel version. I hope it could fix this crappy issue.

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
I ve already tried the ak kernel. Those drivers doesnt help much, as you can see on qualcoom git they are working on bugs and trying to fix them. Ak already said the new prima driver are up on kitkat branch so guys we need to wait the new kernel version. I hope it could fix this crappy issue.

that sucks :/.i do remember in the earlier n4 days, where this problem was way more common, people said that updating router´s firmware, or changing frequency or change the band also helped(didnt fix)
so if you can, mess around with these

xda_emanuel

Mar 23, 2012
that sucks :/.i do remember in the earlier n4 days, where this problem was way more common, people said that updating router´s firmware, or changing frequency or change the band also helped(didnt fix)
so if you can, mess around with these

Trust me ive tried everything to fix this issue.. Nothing helps, the last chance is new prima driver. Only qualcoom can work on it and if it works google will push the new driver on his Git. Ive read about this issue since android 4.2. A year ago… ..

Last edited:

xda_emanuel

Mar 23, 2012
Up : Guys can someone help me ?? Thats my ping latency. How many nexus 4 owner has this issue? Could you let me know if im not the only one. I've tried everything, from Stock image to Cm11 M3, tried almost all kernels, nothing to do.
70OaO.png

redhunter22

May 28, 2013
Szeged
Interesting thing is I have the Push Notif. Fix from Play Store installed and my notifications are right on time.I'm chatting with my friend on facebook and my nex 4 notify me before the computer lol.Maybe you have a deeper problem or just hate this app but it really works.Yeah it would be nice to have this fixed by Qualcomm but for now this app is a very good alternative for the problem.

Reactions: xda_emanuel

xda_emanuel

Mar 23, 2012
Interesting thing is I have the Push Notif. Fix from Play Store installed and my notifications are right on time.I'm chatting with my friend on facebook and my nex 4 notify me before the computer lol.Maybe you have a deeper problem or just hate this app but it really works.Yeah it would be nice to have this fixed by Qualcomm but for now this app is a very good alternative for the problem.

I've also that app, set to 1 min. The result are the same as you can see in the screenshot.
Can you share your settings? Rom, kernel bootloader, radio? Thanks advance

Last edited:

redhunter22

May 28, 2013
Szeged
I've also that app, set to 1 min. The result are the same as you can see in the screenshot.

Of course mate.I'm on full stock,stock radio, stock everything.... with root and unlocked bootloader of course.I use Push Notification Root(maybe this can help)Other than that,no specific settings were made.

Reactions: xda_emanuel

xda_emanuel

Mar 23, 2012
Of course mate.I'm on full stock,stock radio, stock everything.... with root and unlocked bootloader of course.I use Push Notification Root(maybe this can help)Other than that,no specific settings were made.

Thank you man, i will appreciate who can help me, im on cm11 right now and i've noticed an improvement,but istant messaging are still delayed a bit. Anyway really thanks, we need to find a solution for this.

Last edited:

xda_emanuel

Mar 23, 2012
Update : Yesterday i've downgraded to android 4.3 cyanogen mod 10.2.1 official, unticked wifi optimization , woila, no more delays. So guys i think theres a problem in kitkat, i hope android 4.4.3 will fix this ridiculous issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.