2000mah Battery Options for AT&T Galaxy SII

Search This thread

Aquarianperry

May 24, 2008
Since AT&T's model has the thicker NCF 1650mah battery by default I'm thinking that the Korean NFC 2000mah package may fit since that is probably what the AT&T GSII build may likely be based on since the AT&T version has NFC and is a mm or so different in size vs the international version, similar to the Korean SGSII version and how the international version can't handle the Korean kit (the 2000mah NFC battery fits, the back doesn't).

What would be interesting to know is if the international battery kit back fits the Korean GSII's since we know the Korean battery kit back does not fit the international GSII, and from what I've seen on the internet the AT&T version can not use the international kit (probably due to the back but the battery may still fit).

If anything I hope its just the back of the AT&T GSII that is incompatible with the international GSII cause if the battery and the back is different in size then I'll be really pissed cause that would mean that AT&T has a totally different size from all the rest of the GSII's which could make buying accessories really slim picking, one of the main reasons why I held out over the AT&T variant over the Sprint version was the similarities with the international version which means more accessories to choose from. So HOPEFULLY the Korean kit works.

Another option is to look at the batteries for the Indian version of the GSII since it supposedly has NFC as well but I have not seen anything on it. And of course we could just wait for AT&T and Samsung bring out the 2000mah battery kit for the AT&T GSII but I'd be surprised if they have any plans on doing that anytime soon if at all since Samsung will be busy with the Nexus and AT&T will be busy with their upcoming QHD and HD phones.

It's just a hunch but I went and ordered the Korean NFC 2000mah battery kit from exportprive for $35 USD (plus $20 USD "express" shipping) over the weekend along with a couple of those charger stands ($13 USD each) and I guess they will ship it soon so I'll be the guinea pig for testing the Korean battery kit and the AT&T GSII, wish me luck :D!

Aquarianperry

May 24, 2008
After all that hassle, it will suck if the 2000mAh batteries have less capacity than the 1650mAh batteries due to Samsung's standards over cheap battery mfrs...

Reports so far from people using the 2000mah batteries on the international GSII are calling it a 20%+ gain in battery life along with better cooling due to different back and overall good looks without much of an addition in thickness with the phone being around the thickness of the Captivate after the battery and back are installed. If it works I think it will be a great addition to an already great phone.

Last edited:

Aquarianperry

May 24, 2008
Ah, just got a response from exportprive that explains the situation:

Hi,

The EB-K1A2EBSG is the Korean version of the EB-K1A2EBEGSTD, and was supposed to be compatible with all Galaxy S 2 versions. However, it turns out that only the back plate is incompatible, and only fits the Korean Galaxy S 2. In fact, the 3 top left grooves (with the outside of the back plate facing you) are aligned differently by just a few millimeters, which bends the case when trying to insert it in your device. We apologize for any inconvenience, and offer you the following alternatives to solve this problem:

1. A refund for this item (or a credit of the same amount).

2. A partial refund of $6 USD per item if you wish to keep it as an extended battery (which is an NFC version).

We are open to any other suggestions. Please let us know what you wish to do.

I wonder how much trouble it would be to get an extended back for the AT&T version to fit this back? Seeing how the 2000mah NFC batteries aren't as easy to come by as the even more hard to come by regular international 2000mah batteries.

mpazevedo

Feb 15, 2011
I would hate for someone to be a guinea pig but I'm going to wait till someone tries it on the US version.

ExKreations

Oct 5, 2011
I got this battery with a dock charger and it works fine but when I plug it in to anything (computer/usb or power/usb) it freezes the phone and makes it cycle the battery charging/phone off symbol while the battery(?) makes a very quiet clicky sound. Not good. So I started charging it on the dock (came with a spare battery charging slot) and carrying it as an extra. It works fine, just don't charge your precious AT&T Galaxy S2 with it.
I did the shot at this angle so you could see the contacts, I saw some mention of it. My bad on the upside-down hah.

Attachments

• 20111005_170852.jpg
    20111005_170852.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 888

mcorrie1121

Jul 4, 2007
Oregon
All questions concerning an AT&T version seem to be ignored in the international version thread...has anyone found one that fits our version??

Intratech

Jun 15, 2009
London
The 2000 mAh battery for the international Galaxy S 2 should work on the AT&T version since the back appears identical.

Monsterfox50

May 9, 2011
the backs appear identical, however the international version is not NFC capable and therefore that battery will not be the same. but i agree that the I9100 thread seems to ignore any comments about the I777. wth.

dmunjal

Dec 2, 2006
I just bought the 2000 mah batter from Ebay and it has the NFC label on it. Of course, I have the international version and it doesn't fit. For those that have the US version, PM me if you'd like to buy it. I'm in the SF Bay Area, CA.

ngocdao

Sep 16, 2011
Honolulu, HI
I got this battery with a dock charger and it works fine but when I plug it in to anything (computer/usb or power/usb) it freezes the phone and makes it cycle the battery charging/phone off symbol while the battery(?) makes a very quiet clicky sound. Not good. So I started charging it on the dock (came with a spare battery charging slot) and carrying it as an extra. It works fine, just don't charge your precious AT&T Galaxy S2 with it.
I did the shot at this angle so you could see the contacts, I saw some mention of it. My bad on the upside-down hah.

Same damn thing happens to mines ugh....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

DinoB12

Oct 3, 2011
I just posted about the extended battery I recieved yesterday. It is a 2600MAH battery from a company called TruCell. I took a risk because they were the only company I found on the web selling a battery specifically for the AT&T model. Funny on Ebay it said for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 but whe I look at the battery it says for the I9100. In any case the battery and the case fits perfectly. Phone is heavy as all get out but If It gives me an extra 4 to 5 hours of heavy use then I am perfectly fine with it.

Top Liked Posts