Aftermarket Warranty

Search This thread

wolfman87

Aug 18, 2009
San Francisco
I neglected to purchase a Squaretrade warranty when I got the tablet from Amazon a little over a month ago. I went to their site and there doesn't seem to be anything against purchasing one now. If you are unlocking it might be worth it to get. It's only $55 for parts/labor and lasts for 2 years. Its another $45 for accidental damage.

http://www.squaretrade.com/

Also, you typically have buyer purchase protection through your credit card, so you might want to check that out. They usually just extend the warranty which, if voided due to modding might not actually work, but they're not Asus so......

Visa: http://usa.visa.com/personal/visa-signature/benefits/warranty-manager.jsp
Mastercard: http://www.mastercard.us/card-benefits.html
Discover: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/extended-warranty.html

As we continue working on Custom Roms, etc. I just thought I would share some options.

Once I check my credit card I might get the SquareTrade one and no, I don't work there :p

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
I bought that squaretrade warranty for my infinity. 2 years plus accidental damage. You can beat it for $99.
I have used squaretrade for years but never actually used them lol. I baby my stuff.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: okantomi

brad0112358

Jun 20, 2012
FYI, unless you have a coupon code, It seemed to be quite a bit cheaper to buy the warranty with damage protection thru amazon than purchasing the same coverage directly from square trade. I did this and had a little trouble registering everything and confirming the coverage because the table had been purchased separately and about a month earlier. But a call to square trade got it straightened out and as far as I can tell, I have full coverage for 2 years now.

--Brad

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

wolfman87

Aug 18, 2009
San Francisco
FYI, unless you have a coupon code, It seemed to be quite a bit cheaper to buy the warranty with damage protection thru amazon than purchasing the same coverage directly from square trade. I did this and had a little trouble registering everything and confirming the coverage because the table had been purchased separately and about a month earlier. But a call to square trade got it straightened out and as far as I can tell, I have full coverage for 2 years now.

--Brad

Unfortunately I missed the boat when purchasing the tablet on Amazon though.

dbattenfl

May 1, 2012
Tampa, FL
You can get a $30 discount code from Squaretrade by signing up to an email list on their Facebook page.
The emails are sent out weekly, usally on Tuesday. The code gives you $30 off that day and $20 off the following week.

Last edited:

scitech09

Mar 28, 2011
Definitely go with Squaretrade. I get Squaretrade coverage on all of my electronic devices, especially mobile devices. I once broke an iPad and they repaired and returned it within a week. The nice thing is that if you sell your device, you can cancel and get your money back, prorated based on the length of use. This is why I always get the coverage, since you have nothing to lose. I believe you have to get the coverage within 30 days of purchase.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Got_Nukes

Apr 7, 2012
North Dakota
Anybody have a squaretrade code their not using. Had the warranty on my prime, but haven't received a discount code email since I exchanged it for the infinity.

ImYoungxD

Jul 29, 2012
Can someone link me which warranty to get from Amazon ? So I can compare with the Squaretrade site.

Last edited:

THunDA

Feb 27, 2008
Suffolk County NY
Anybody have a squaretrade code their not using. Had the warranty on my prime, but haven't received a discount code email since I exchanged it for the infinity. <br />
<br />

I got my prime swapped to an infinity at best buy .. called up SquareTrade to explain... emailed my receipt showing it was changed out under manufacturers warranty and they transferred my warranty to the infinity at no charge.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

Reactions: Darnell_Chat_TN

ImYoungxD

Jul 29, 2012
Would the squaretrade discount codes work on amazon? it would go down to 40$ for 2 year accidental coverage which would be excellent!

dbattenfl

May 1, 2012
Tampa, FL
Definitely go with Squaretrade. I get Squaretrade coverage on all of my electronic devices, especially mobile devices. I once broke an iPad and they repaired and returned it within a week. The nice thing is that if you sell your device, you can cancel and get your money back, prorated based on the length of use. This is why I always get the coverage, since you have nothing to lose. I believe you have to get the coverage within 30 days of purchase.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Squaretrade give you 90 days for a new item purchased from a retail store.

junrider

Jan 10, 2012
I signed up for a newsletter from squaretrade so I can get a 30% coupon hopefully this coming tuesday because my 30 days is almost up... Is this true you have 90 days to get a squaretrade warranty if you bought it at a retail store?

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
All you need to do is email them and say you want a warranty with them but your buddy got 30% off. They will email you a code for 30% (Up to max of 30 bucks) off your next warranty purchase. I think when you buy via Amazon you have 90 days to sign up. I think the 30 days is only for eBay purchases.

junrider

Jan 10, 2012
All you need to do is email them and say you want a warranty with them but your buddy got 30% off. They will email you a code for 30% (Up to max of 30 bucks) off your next warranty purchase. I think when you buy via Amazon you have 90 days to sign up. I think the 30 days is only for eBay purchases.

So I just E-mail their support asking for a 30% discount coupon and theyll give it to me? Bought mine at bestbuy and my 30 day would be next thursday, unless I get 90 days. Amazon sells the squaretrade also for 76-78 dollars for the 2yrs ADH, but the 30% would still be better.

UPDATE: Just sent them an E-mail asking for a working coupon code.... lets see if they reply back with a coupon code ;).

Last edited:
Reactions: Got_Nukes

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
You should get the 30% coupon. I always get one but I do have a number of devices under warranty with them. I checked their policy., It is 90 days for any retail purchase and 30 days for any eBay purchase.

Reactions: junrider

Top Liked Posts