[ROM][2.3.7] DX OS 2.3.4 or 2.3.7 RC 1 [Jan. 21, 2012]

Search This thread

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
quick question here.
How to set the location for the weather widget? The cities in the list of widget are only Chinese, not US at all. How do you set your city in US? Thanks in advance.

Contact tapas and request US cities to be added to their API. Then decompile your .apk and replace the cities with US cities.
Simple as that.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Reactions: NineInchNails

renhoeck

Oct 15, 2010
3rd rock from the sun
WOW

...the amount of personal customization on this thing is unreal.....

On the lock screen it shows no service even though I just tested the phone.
The only thing that really jumps out at me is the dual battery icons in the notification bar. Really diggin the fact that you can make the folders and "sort" your apps. Too many different tweaks to list...

Thank you Team Hydra for keeping us on the cutting edge!

The more and more I play with this rom, the more and more customization I find. This may beat out your guys' own Zero Hero Rom. . . I'm finding this more snappier and more responsive than the sense 3.5. Keep up the great work! Hero dead? NEVER muahahahaha. :p:D

johnnyboi1994

Nov 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
how is this rom compared to ligux coopui? ill make a back up but sense was wayyyy to laggy for me :/
ligux is probably the first rom i've kept longer than a week (since October 2011) but i keep going back to sense every now and then

Reactions: thanku7

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
how is this rom compared to ligux coopui? ill make a back up but sense was wayyyy to laggy for me :/
ligux is probably the first rom i've kept longer than a week (since October 2011) but i keep going back to sense every now and then
This one runs just as quick as ligux. This one has a lot more flash and bells and whistles. Ligux is just a customized cyanogenmod.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

dirtroad

Oct 1, 2008
OP UPDATED :D

DX OS Android 2.3.7 RC1 01152012
remember to flash Gapps after flashing Rom

Major eye candy done to the Rom thanks to dastin :) Cleaned up the OP as well, added screenshots of DX Battery Booster and added new GITHUB link (because I screwed up the 1st repo :D)

The Rom will ask to update to DX Home 3.0 upon booting. Also you will need to set DX Contacts, DX Messaging, and DX Dialer to default if that is your choice. But the stock aosp apps of those need to remain for them to work properly. It's basically like Go Sms Pro in the same way you can't remove the stock messaging app.

Using the rom and loving it. A stupid question I'm sure, but I'm old....forgive me:) Where do I set the defaults for contacts, messaging, and dialer? Thanks.

Houndog101

Feb 16, 2011
Fallston, Md.
This is a beauty, thanks Team.. Rom loaded , no problem. But when I try to go into settings, settings force closes. Everything works except I can't set anything.. Any ideas, I know this is my problem, no one else seems to have this happen. I reloaded, redownloaded, tried different kernal, no help.. Pisses me off because this rom is a Beauty...:(

Reactions: dastin1015

NineInchNails

R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
This is a beauty, thanks Team.. Rom loaded , no problem. But when I try to go into settings, settings force closes. Everything works except I can't set anything.. Any ideas, I know this is my problem, no one else seems to have this happen. I reloaded, redownloaded, tried different kernal, no help.. Pisses me off because this rom is a Beauty...:(

Try fixing permissions and see if thatll help. Like you said no one else is getting this.

renhoeck

Oct 15, 2010
3rd rock from the sun
MMS

Matt & Dastin, I don't know what I'm doing wrong as far as flashing but my mms doesn't seem to work on sprint with this rom. Any ideas? Anyone else having problems? Although, SMS works fine.

Edit: DX messaging doesn't like to download mms, but the stock messaging works fine. Sorry for all the trouble.

That's weird after the stock messaging downloads the mms it shows up in DX messaging.

Last edited:

Houndog101

Feb 16, 2011
Fallston, Md.
Originally Posted by Houndog101 View Post

This is a beauty, thanks Team.. Rom loaded , no problem. But when I try to go into settings, settings force closes. Everything works except I can't set anything.. Any ideas, I know this is my problem, no one else seems to have this happen. I reloaded, redownloaded, tried different kernal, no help.. Pisses me off because this rom is a Beauty...

Try fixing permissions and see if thatll help. Like you said no one else is getting this.

I just want to know why, What happens in the code when it runs com.android.settings (I think thats it) and it can't. Also theres storage for settings and when I look at that its all grey'ed out. What is different in my phone thats not in others ?

tayzer522

Feb 15, 2011
Davenport
I love seeing all of the development still going on for the Hero. Gives me some comfort knowing that if my Photon ever ****s out, I'll still have a kick ass backup with my Hero. Sorry for the unnecessary bump, but I got a little excited lol

Reactions: NineInchNails

NineInchNails

R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Originally Posted by Houndog101 View Post

This is a beauty, thanks Team.. Rom loaded , no problem. But when I try to go into settings, settings force closes. Everything works except I can't set anything.. Any ideas, I know this is my problem, no one else seems to have this happen. I reloaded, redownloaded, tried different kernal, no help.. Pisses me off because this rom is a Beauty...

I just want to know why, What happens in the code when it runs com.android.settings (I think thats it) and it can't. Also theres storage for settings and when I look at that its all grey'ed out. What is different in my phone thats not in others ?

I don't have your phone ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Hydra presents DX OS Android 2.3.4 and 2.3.7 for the HTC Hero CDMA.

f88Wwur0

Team Hydra is composed of dastin1015, flashinglights and MattCrystal.

71lJMCxd

2lvb9ci.png
    <-- makes for a good wallpaper too

20q02kz.png
    2ufu63o.png
    2u60ap1.png

2r2stq0.png
    2ptwf2h.png
    hugifs.png

YKoSyw5G

• All the basics work
    • Camera
    • 2.6.35 Kernel
    • Calls
    • Data
    • WiFi
    • SMS
    • MMS
    • Web
    • Bluetooth

6645IbUM

• 2.3.4 - Wifi broken upon install. Need to flash .35 kernel after flashing rom for it to be fixed
    • If black screen after boot... Hit home button :)
    • FIXED - Double lockscreen (go to CM Settings, Tablet Tweaks, check Disable Lockscreen)
    • Selecting defaults for DX Messaging, DX Contacts, and DX Dialer (stock apps need to remain to work properly)
    • Weather Widget info (DX Issue)
    • Remain RC1 until Weather Widget info is fixed

5WUeFL7k

Pick your poison...
    DX OS 2.3.4 - Wifi borked - Can be fixed though. Go HERE for the kernel download to flash after Rom
    Team Hydra DX OS Android 2.3.7 RC 1 - small update soon
    GAPPS

PP1FssZz

• MattCrystal
    • dastin1015
    • Ajrty33

kK1YHta2

• Wipe system
    • Flash rom
    • Flash GAPPS
    • Reboot and Enjoy the eye candy we've provided

BNGFyoWW

• Lots of themes
    • DX Battery Booster - Excellent Battery monitor and manager
    • DX Contacts - Handles Contacts, Messaging, and Dialer
    • TONS of customization
    • Stable Android 2.3.4 and 2.3.7 Bases

Thanks to the Chinese Devs behind the whole project, Jurellz for pointing out the article. Ajrty33 for his fix. TeamHeroC for 2.3.7 to build from. zeppelinrox for his V6 SuperCharger Script

GITHUB Link
    :D

The Green Lantern prevails :D
    UPDATE

OP UPDATED :D

DX OS Android 2.3.7 RC1 01152012
    remember to flash Gapps after flashing Rom

Major eye candy done to the Rom thanks to dastin :) Cleaned up the OP as well, added screenshots of DX Battery Booster and added new GITHUB link (because I screwed up the 1st repo :D)

The Rom will ask to update to DX Home 3.0 upon booting. Also you will need to set DX Contacts, DX Messaging, and DX Dialer to default if that is your choice. But the stock aosp apps of those need to remain for them to work properly. It's basically like Go Sms Pro in the same way you can't remove the stock messaging app.
    Changelog

B4lUpUrj

DX OS Android 2.3.4 RC 1
    • .35 kernel
    • V6 SuperCharger Script settings cooked into Rom. Launcher redraws less likely
    • Updated DX Home 3.0.2 and DX Battery Booster

DX OS Android 2.3.7 RC 1
    • Team Hydra updater script (dastin)
    • Remove sig files (dastin)
    • Update build.prop (dastin)
    • add notepad.apk (dastin)
    • DX bootanimation (dastin, MattCrystal- I just edited a small error)
    • Fix DX force closes (Ajrty33)

DX OS Android 2.3.7 Beta 1
    • Initial port (MattCrystal)
    Old download: Team-Hydra-DX_OS-2.3.7-Beta-1.zip
    Time to take a look at this now that I've finished my math homework. :cool: I'll play around until I have to go to class at 6. :p