[APP][2.2+][v1.4] Draw2Dial || Updated January 4th

Search This thread

JimHuff

Sep 3, 2012
Fitchburg, WI
Hello, thanks for sharing your thoughts about the app. A -almost- invisible tab icon is a great idea and I will get on it soon.
As for the shortcut, do you mean having it instead of the tab, so you can launch the gesture field from certain home screens only?

Yup! A shortcut or activity that launches the gesture field. In suggesting it since there are a variety of apps that allow you to launch shortcuts or activities from any screen =]

I 2nd the request for a shortcut. I would also be happy with an invisible or pure black tab icon.

Let me say, however, that this is a great concept and I hope you continue to develop it. You should add a "Donate" button so people can really show their support.

Reactions: FanKryations

dejan-

Jan 19, 2011
I 2nd the request for a shortcut. I would also be happy with an invisible or pure black tab icon.

Let me say, however, that this is a great concept and I hope you continue to develop it. You should add a "Donate" button so people can really show their support.
yea...and if the app will be successfull...maybe a pro or donate version..anway...version without ADS (hate ads) :)

FanKryations

Nov 7, 2013
I will definitely add a shortcut and a visibility option on next update.
I am seriously considering the Donate button as well.

Reactions: JimHuff

FanKryations

Nov 7, 2013
v1.3 is out!

I wish I had the time to release this earlier but anyway...
Here goes v1.3

123nuhd.jpg

So whats new?

Features
-Select between Left and Right and adjust Icon Visibility to your liking, for a better user experience.

Fixes
-Fixed the Youtube FC and the Number Format FC bugs.

Improvements
-Introducing Smart Detection. When enabled, smart detection will look only for numbers that are currently in use. This increases success rate and reduces errors. It is now available in Settings and is Enabled by default for new installs.
-Also, parts have been rewritten for optimization purposes.

I must say, feedback has been great so far. Many wonderful comments and ideas for improvement. So keep it coming...
Also, as suggested, I updated the opening post with a donate link for anyone who want to show their support.

FanKryations

Nov 7, 2013
I added the Smart Recognition feature for users who have had issues previously. Any feedback on it would be appreciated.

very nice idea, couse with ICS and furthermore we lost speed dial in phone app (it was present in froyo and GB)
but it needs work...i tested, it's soo hard to recognize #1 or #9....then for example ...contact was saved #1 ...i draw 5 to test ....it said...there is no contact on 5 but it dials the 1
or i draw 8 and it wants 3...etc.
but overall realy great idea...was looking for speed dial app

dejan-

Jan 19, 2011
Well... There's still an issue with the numbers...also with this smart mods, for example:
I had contacts on 1-5...and i tried 6,but it called #5...or even #1
And specially hard is to draw 1. 1 is almost everytime recognised as 4 and so is 7

I have an idea how to solve this but dunno if it's possible but then again it wouldn't be a drawing anymore.
Instead of number draw, after pressing the button, the #pad would appear and u would simple press desired number.

In both ways, there are only 2 steps:
1.button press, 2.number draw (current)
or
1.button press, 2.number press (just that here, no mistake is possible)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

FanKryations

Nov 7, 2013
As is, no matter what you draw, the engine will look for the number that matches your drawing the most. I am still working on ways to make it more efficient.
With smart recognition enabled, the engine will try and match your drawing with the numbers that you have assigned to contacts. So if you have contacts on 1-5 and draw a 6, depending on how you draw it, it will match it with a number within the 1-5 range. This may work for some and others may find it annoying, that is why it is a optional feature.
I tested it with 6 contacts assigned for about a week and saw much better results and that is why I implemented it. As I said, I am working on some ideas to make it better and will release an update once I see results. Got a few more features coming as well.
Thank you for the feedback once again.
Well... There's still an issue with the numbers...also with this smart mods, for example:
I had contacts on 1-5...and i tried 6,but it called #5...or even #1
And specially hard is to draw 1. 1 is almost everytime recognised as 4 and so is 7

I have an idea how to solve this but dunno if it's possible but then again it wouldn't be a drawing anymore.
Instead of number draw, after pressing the button, the #pad would appear and u would simple press desired number.

or

dejan-

Jan 19, 2011
As is, no matter what you draw, the engine will look for the number that matches your drawing the most. I am still working on ways to make it more efficient.
yea...that i undestand fully...but i can't draw numbers better then i did :D was drawing nicely, heh....

or

what about my idea ?...that when u would press your button, the pad would appear, like for example: (just made a concept)
10x7hxc.jpg

with this mode, u couldn't fail...if u know what i mean....maybe it could be an alternative to drawing, that u would choose in settings ;)

Last edited:

FanKryations

Nov 7, 2013
I must admit that I like it even though it deviates from the whole concept of the app.
I will get to it after releasing the update I am working on.
It would be great if more people commented on this concept, if they like it or not.

with this mode, u couldn't fail...if u know what i mean....maybe it could be an alternative to drawing, that u would choose in settings ;)

Top Liked Posts