[APP][2.2+] Stats Monitor Widget - Minimalistic Android System Monitor

Search This thread

Doublewise

Aug 5, 2011
Nice app. Would be nice if date/time is customizable like option to show 24hr format, hide pm/am, hide second etc.

torch2424

Jun 3, 2012
Thanks for this. I'd like to see a text alignment option and the ability to reduce the widget size.

What do you mean by text alignment? I have it currently aligned to the left, but do you mean like centered or something?

And, you can! you just need to download a different launcher. Launchers like zeam will let you choose any size you like. However some launchers will let you change it, but at a minimum of 2x2. So, if you like to reduce it, I'd suggest a new launcher. Thanks though! :)

Reactions: lost101

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
What do you mean by text alignment? I have it currently aligned to the left, but do you mean like centered or something?

And, you can! you just need to download a different launcher. Launchers like zeam will let you choose any size you like. However some launchers will let you change it, but at a minimum of 2x2. So, if you like to reduce it, I'd suggest a new launcher. Thanks though! :)

Yeah, I meant I would like to align the text to the right. I use Google Experience Launcher (GEL), and even with one line of text the widget takes up a lot of space.

torch2424

Jun 3, 2012
Yeah, I meant I would like to align the text to the right. I use Google Experience Launcher (GEL), and even with one line of text the widget takes up a lot of space.

Okay yeah, thats totally understandable, I think it might look a little awkward, but my personal conky for my linux machine has a right alignment, and I just figured out a way to do it, I'll ad it to my to-do list, but it's getting pretty big, forgive me if it takes an update or two!

Reactions: lost101

torch2424

Jun 3, 2012
Today I updated to version 2.1, thanks for the suggestions and ideas guys, I really appreciate them, it helps me create a better app for all of us. Anyways, here's the change log, and If I haven't implemented a certain thing yet, I'll be adding things slowly, so it may appear soon!

Changelog:

-Fixed the Uptime bug

-Fixed CPU percent sign

-Added MB to the end of Used Ram (GB will come soon!)

-added advanced setting(disable tap to configure, 24 hour format, storage memory in GB)

-Layout restructure

-Replaced banner ads (except main config one) and replaced it with an interstitial ad (Free version only)

-Added a nice toast saying thank you to all the users!

Thanks for all the support guys! I will update the OP soon!

torch2424

Jun 3, 2012
Updated OP with all the V2.1 Info for all the newcomers! I appreciate any feedback from anyone whose posted here before, or just viewing the thread, it helps to create a better app overall!

ojz0r

Oct 6, 2013
I still have issues with the uptime. My phone says its been up for 156 something hours but the widget only says 1d 12h, i think you have a roll around bug on the counter.

Also the Used Ram looks strange to me. It says -2945/-1655MB. First of all i would be better to show the value without sign, also its the first of those two values that changes (i have 3GB ram, Note3).
I think it would be nice with an option if you want to show total ram as well, i for example only need to know current ram usage since i already know my maximum ram.

And another thing :)
When you re-enter the settings by clicking the widget everything is reset, is there maybe a way to do a retain on the settings?

torch2424

Jun 3, 2012
I still have issues with the uptime. My phone says its been up for 156 something hours but the widget only says 1d 12h, i think you have a roll around bug on the counter.

Also the Used Ram looks strange to me. It says -2945/-1655MB. First of all i would be better to show the value without sign, also its the first of those two values that changes (i have 3GB ram, Note3).
I think it would be nice with an option if you want to show total ram as well, i for example only need to know current ram usage since i already know my maximum ram.

And another thing :)
When you re-enter the settings by clicking the widget everything is reset, is there maybe a way to do a retain on the settings?

Oh man, how does your phone not reset by then? If I don't reset my phone by 24 hours, it starts acting up, I really need a new device...

But I'll try and fix that, I'll ask my buddy who has a nicer phone to test the uptime bug for me, cause It's a difficult thing to test, But I could of sworn I fixed it. Thanks for letting me know!

And for your ram, I have no clue why the negative sign is there, It's not supposed too...One thing I have noticed is that my widget doesn't play nice with Note devices. It works on the devices I've downloaded it on, but I'll investigate the Note 3 ram. and I could add that, I'll add it to my to-do list (I made the advanced settings specifically for random little features people would like to see). And yeah, I wanted for it to preserve settings, and that's another thing I'll probably add to the next update. So expect it soon, I'm on Spring Break from college, so I'm just working on a lightweight music player that I've been wanting to do (I know It's been done plenty of times before, but it's for the learning experience), and this. Thank you very much for the feedback though, It really helps me out!

ojz0r

Oct 6, 2013
Oh man, how does your phone not reset by then? If I don't reset my phone by 24 hours, it starts acting up, I really need a new device...

But I'll try and fix that, I'll ask my buddy who has a nicer phone to test the uptime bug for me, cause It's a difficult thing to test, But I could of sworn I fixed it. Thanks for letting me know!

And for your ram, I have no clue why the negative sign is there, It's not supposed too...One thing I have noticed is that my widget doesn't play nice with Note devices. It works on the devices I've downloaded it on, but I'll investigate the Note 3 ram. and I could add that, I'll add it to my to-do list (I made the advanced settings specifically for random little features people would like to see). And yeah, I wanted for it to preserve settings, and that's another thing I'll probably add to the next update. So expect it soon, I'm on Spring Break from college, so I'm just working on a lightweight music player that I've been wanting to do (I know It's been done plenty of times before, but it's for the learning experience), and this. Thank you very much for the feedback though, It really helps me out!

The only reason i ever restart it is because after a week or two the ram usage starts building up so its mainly to reduce that.

I just installed it on my work phone (Galaxy SIII) and the ram works like a charm on that one so it seems like its my note3 that is the problem.
I had to start it up so wont know about the uptime for a few days.

If you're on spring break you should enjoy yourself :)

ultimate_neet

May 28, 2013
Nice widget. I'm not having any problems so far. Thanks forma developing it.

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M mediante Tapatalk

torch2424

Jun 3, 2012
The only reason i ever restart it is because after a week or two the ram usage starts building up so its mainly to reduce that.

I just installed it on my work phone (Galaxy SIII) and the ram works like a charm on that one so it seems like its my note3 that is the problem.
I had to start it up so wont know about the uptime for a few days.

If you're on spring break you should enjoy yourself :)

Oh yeah that makes sense! and okay, well I'm happy its working on that phone, I'm working on three projects, and today is the widget day, so hopefully I'll finish an update tonight, if not tonight, tommorow night. So, I'll do some research on the Note 3 today. But, please let me know if the uptime is working out.

And trust me I am, I really enjoy programming, I feel so accomplished that I have made this awesome app, and I figured so many things out. It's a great hobby :)

torch2424

Jun 3, 2012
Also, I'm releasing another huge update tommorow, it'll have alot of requested features, and make the app alot more friendly. I'll release all the details tommorow! ;)

ultimate_neet

May 28, 2013
I'm having the internal storage status displayed also In the external storage, any help?

a9unaryh.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.torch2424.statsmonitorwidgetFree

Non Play Store Free Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8GQ0-i6zp0IZzQtc1BKd3kxd2s/edit?usp=sharing

Paid ($1): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.torch2424.statsmonitorwidget

This is my first app, and I'm new to app development, so any feedback or tips are greatly appreciated. I have many plans for future features and updates that could improve or add to the ad. Also, any ratings or downloads help, thanks!

Updates from Version 4:

Update Version 4!

- Added a network section, it displays currently connected network, current upload speeds and download speeds that update every 3 seconds! It displays the speeds in megabits per second, but it can be changed to kilobytes per second in the advanced settings! However, network speeds are supported by most devices, and some may not support it.

- Improved performance on the configuration settings, it should scroll a lot faster and smoother now

- Added radio buttons for the text alignment in advanced settings, so now you can only choose one, and is a bit more clear

- Added multiple widget sizes for launchers that cannot re size widgets (2x1, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4)

Update Version 4.1!

- Fixed a bug that stopped certain features from loading

Update Version 4.2!

- Fixed a bug that gives the value 0 for external storage in Samsung Note 3

Update Version 4.3!

- Added an Update interval setting in Advanced Settings!

Update Version 4.4!

- Added battery temperature in farenheit in advanced settings!
    - You can now manually enter the path to your external storage in advanced settings if it is not working!
    - Hopefully added some better performance with the widget settings

Update Version 4.5!
    - Added 1x1 widget size
    - Added semi transparent background color
    - Reduced app size (Free Version Only)

Update Version 4.6!

- HUGE speed improvements, no more slowing down your device! (Tested with multiple devices)
    - Added 25% and 75% transparent background colors!

Update Version 4.7!

- Cleaned up ALOT of code, should increase the performance of the app, possibly less 4th cpu core usage
    - Hopefully fixed an issue some users were having with not being able to send text messages
    - More tablet friendly! Should be less likely to crash on tablets that don't have cell connectivity

Update Version 4.8!

- Various code improvements and bug fixes
    - Re-coded the multi-core readings from scratch. 4th core now working (Tested and proven)!
    - Added an option in advanced settings to remove the CPU title (If present)

Update Version 4.9!

- Now only supported by API level 18 (JellyBean 4.3)
    - Since there is a higher supported version, memory (External, Internal, And Ram) displaying incorrect numbers is fixed!

App Description: Looking for a Conky like, text based, system monitor for android? Tired of slow system monitor widgets making your beautiful phone look ugly, and want something better? Stats Monitor was created for exactly that. As an android user, I created this app off of my own needs and desires as an android user, to create minimalist, text based widget, that could show what's going on in your phone, while keeping the home screens looking beautiful and customizeable.

Features:
    Updates every second - Keeps you up to date on all of your phone info and system monitoring!
    Time - Easy to see AM/PM format and the current date
    Battery - temperature, and percent left
    System - Cpu (multi-core available), and uptime
    Device Memory - Internal, external, sd card, and ram (Megabytes and Gigabytes setting)
    Mobile Network - 3g, 4g, or wifi info (name)
    Data Speeds - upload and download speeds (updates every 3 seconds for more accurate estimations)
    Customizable - Can use widget settings to hide or display any of these things
    Advanced Settings - Change tweak formats and settings and enable things like multi core cpu support!
    Minimal - Beautiful, easy to see, and simple!
    Text Settings - Change text and background colors to you liking!
    Conky (Like) - Build your own widget, but without all of the complicated scripts!

Through my testing, I've found this to be the fastest, most minimalistic, most customize able, and most beautiful form of android system monitor widgets, and I hope you agree. I also can confirm, along with many others, that this widget does not kill your battery, since it only makes requests while your screen is on, so this widget can save you from draining you precious battery life while you are monitoring it. If you have any suggestions or problems please post below, and rate this five stars if you enjoy it. Thank you!

Permissions:
    Internet (Free Only): to get Ad requests
    Storage: to hopefully fix a crash report some devices have, and save user preferences
    Network and Wifi: For the network section to grab network name, and speeds

Screenshots:

lke44L3.png

g39fK5K.png

j7MqtTD.png

e6QaLP7.png

Thanks please reply with feedback below! :)
    I forgot to mention, i plan on adding options for text sizes, and a network section to see connected networks and the speed of that network!
    Nice idea :)
    That would be great to push the Conky-like mechanism one step further : allowing user to build conky-like script that can display any system variable the way Conky does :)

with a noob-friendly setting zone with predefined settings available (as it is now) and something else editable this kind of way:
    Code:
    #color settings
    default_color FFFFFF
    color1 FF0000
    color2 FF5F00
    color3 0000FF
    color4 0073FF
    color5 0BAE07

TEXT

mem: $mem/$memmax
    ${color5}${membar 5 80}${color}
    cores: ${cpu 0} % ${acpitemp}°C
    #${cpu 1} 

${color1}${cpubar cpu 1 5 80}
    ${color2}${cpubar cpu 2 5 80}
    ${color3}${cpubar cpu 3 5 80}
    ${color4}${cpubar cpu 4 5 80}${color}
    battery: ${battery_percent}% 
    battery: ${battery}

Edit : an app like yours already exist (slightly lighter than yours) but has no config options : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.masaki.TW&hl=en

Yeah, i really wanted to be able to have user created scripts, because that's half the fun of conky, and that's where real user creativity shows. However, i felt like a lot of people wouldn't want to take the time to learn or implement their own scripts since not everyone is computer savvy enough to do so.

And yes, that app is one of the reasons I made this one. i used it for the longest time, but I REALLY didn't want to see more than half of the info in the widget, and I really disliked the lack of configuration. I wanted something a bit more configurable, and minimalist. I definitely give that guy props for doing the idea first, but I wanted something different, so I made it. thanks for bringing it up though!
    how about allowing a single one to be displayed as a widget. example: only time, or only memory info

You can! I wanted to make sure if you only wanted one, you could have one. the widget has it's own configuration and you can pick and choose what you want!
    For those who can't get the apk for some reason,its posted here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51303230

However,once the apk is posted by OP,I will remove the apk from abv thread...

Hi there,please post a direct download link for ur app here,till then,it is posted on another thread(link abv).I will keep an eye on thread,and once its posted here,will have it removed from there...

Sent from my GT-I9500

Oh thanks I'll add it to the OP right now, I do thank you though for putting it up here while I was kind of absent haha