[nov10][W|Q|VGA] RR33 FingerKeyboard2 Skins & Layouts v6.1

Search This thread

RR33

Dec 20, 2008
JPEG are presented in low quality due to size limit : real image is much better on PPC screen :)
(you must me logged to see IMG)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

• I've completely remade layouts to suit my skins :
- popup zoom key replaced by simple pressed key effect (Metro Blue patch available to restore popup)
- added predTXT (predefined texts : press shift to access second layer) to all versions
- bottom arrows dock available for all versions (with or without)
- 23 lang. support now (eng-cze-ptg-rus-ara-far-rom-cro-dan-bul-ita-ger-fra-grk-nor-pol-hun-heb-tur-spa-swe-ukr-arm)
- 24 compressed skins (3.6Mo only for W-VGA / 1.6Mo only for W-QVGA) :
> 14 custom skins : androidLIKE, BlackHD, BlackHD_Gloss, BlingBlingDjOuB2, CarbonDjoubUto, Dinik_Anastasia, EagleDig_Lightnin, Energy, Giannis86Ed2, GTX/White/evo, iphone4LIKE & LycoxWP7
> 10 stock skins : these are the ones available by default but I compressed them and I made them compatible with my new layouts
- BMP resized for perfect alignment & less memory usage so if you use only my skins with any other layouts then a few keys will be missing or will be deformed
- compatible QVGA (Elf, Kaiser, Touch, Cruise, Pharos) - WQVGA (OMNIA) - VGA (Diamond, Touch Pro, Fuze) - WVGA (Diamond2, Pure, TouchPro2, Tilt2, HD2, OMNIA2, TG01, Xperia2)

INSTALL:
1. Be sure to have FingerKeyboard2.1 installed first (available HERE)
2. Unzip my skins into \program files\Fingerkeyb\Skins (overwrite ALL existing files) **
3. Launch FK2config : check your lang + predTXT (predefined texts are ENG by default but you can simply edit with notepad the file skin-01-predtxt.txt to make your own predefined texts) and choose a skin (color scheme)

** if FK2 is cooked into your rom then it might be directly into \windows\Skins\ folder

BlingBlingDjoub2 skin is based on wonderful DjOuBhAa's BlingBling TF3D theme

Dinik_Anastasia skin is a port I made from the beautiful EZinput skin made by Dinik (available HERE)

EagleDig_Lightnin skin was originally made by EagleDig for FKv1.4 WVGA but it is not compatible with FKv2.1 so I've ported it to FK2 in all resolutions

fr3sh_t0_d3f (GTX team) asked me to do a FK2 GTX skin and I've done it (skin based on ElCondor&Kamil GTX theme). GTXevo is an SVI original idea :)

Giannis86ed Glossy skin made by Giannis86 for FKv1.4 VGA is not compatible with FK2.1 so I've ported it to FK2 in all resolutions

LycoxWP7 skin is a port I made from the wonderful Lycox TP4 skin

Thanks to (alphabetical order) : apsis, ElCondor, Arturo Bandini, Bankai, c0rp1, DarkPrinceByWWW, digidigi123, Dinik, DjOuBhAa, EagleDig, Exidler, fr3sh_t0_d3f, Gerger, Giannis86, GTX Team, hg1, HTC, Jibb, Kamil, laronov, Lycox, NRGZ28, PPCGeeks, Rozenthal, SVI, Utopiaet, Vinsos & XDA

Freeware : Free for personal, non-commercial and non-profit use. All rights reserved to respective authors to limit or suspend these terms of use at any time. May not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission. My original files and support are only available at xda-developers.com.

Last edited:

RR33

Dec 20, 2008
Add-ons & Tipps

• to access digits with NoArrows versions just hold lang key after configuring lng button like this
attachment.php

Then tap lang key once to go back

• Hold space bar for Tab function

• Hold dot key to type ... (key repeat is set to 3 characters max)

Excellent DarkPrinceByWWW XL key version available HERE
attachment.php

How to restore POPUP zoom key instead of pressed key effect ?
download RR33_FK2_METRO_BLUE_POPUP_PATCH and unzip into \program files\Fingerkeyb\skins\ (overwrite ALL files)

How to make your own predefined texts :
open skin-01-predtxt.txt with notepad (I prefer notepad++ but it's not really important) then you'll see lines like these
Code:
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]CScheme txt1	Hi![/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]Action txt1	SS:160Hi there![/COLOR]
etc...
line#1 is displayed on the key so be as short as possible and the most important : don't make spaces (you can type .. or _ to separate 2 words)
line#2 is typed into your text : as long as you want (the number 160 tells that your text uses 160 letters max so if you exceed that number simply change the value but in most of cases 160 is enough : it's been made to write text message easier and not a novel lol) and spaces can be used this time ^^

How to add/move letters into FK2 layout :
Code:
your layout is like that

Key 291  70 42 62 2,2,8,2 key0 key1 [COLOR="Blue"]j,',J,lol[/COLOR]			SC:[COLOR="DarkOrange"]j[/COLOR],SC:[COLOR="DarkOrange"]'[/COLOR],SC:[COLOR="DarkOrange"]J[/COLOR],SS:3[COLOR="DarkOrange"]lol[/COLOR]
Key 339  70 42 62 2,2,8,2 key0 key1 [COLOR="Blue"]a,b,c,d[/COLOR]			SC:[COLOR="DarkOrange"]a[/COLOR],SC:[COLOR="DarkOrange"]b[/COLOR],SC:[COLOR="DarkOrange"]c[/COLOR],SC:[COLOR="DarkOrange"]d[/COLOR]
blue is what is displayed on the keys
Orange is what is typed into your text
j,',J,lol= a,b,c,d = normal, hold, normal shifted, hold shifted
when you have only 1 symbol/letter you should use SC: before your symbol/letter
When you have more than 1 symbol you must indicate the number of x letters you use with SS:x

I can't see letters but only squares on keys ?!
this is due to your fonts that don't support specific languages.
Try the Win7 tahoma font posted by arshavir HERE

I have trouble with WM 6.5.x Bottombar while using the "hide bar" setting ?!
download RR33 FK2 WM6.5.x Patchs then unzip the file that matches your device resolution into \program files\fingerkeyb\skins\ and soft reset

read apsis post HERE

AC_IM_Selector (credit goes to AC) set FK2 as default SIP after soft reset

PredTXT translation : unzip/copy to \program files\fingerkeyb\skins\ and soft reset
FRA= download RR33 FK2 Textes Prédéfinis FRA in attachment
GER= download the version made by digidigi123 HERE
BUL= download the version made by c0rp1 HERE

Attachments

• AC_IM_Selector.CAB
    23.4 KB · Views: 363
  • RR33_FK2_METRO_BLUE_POPUP_PATCH_(W)QVGA_v6.1.2.7z
    9.4 KB · Views: 133
  • RR33_FK2_METRO_BLUE_POPUP_PATCH_(W)VGA_v6.1.2.7z
    17.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

RR33

Dec 20, 2008
ScreenShots
~~~~~~~~

Attachments

• fk2config.jpg
    fk2config.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 8,513
  • RR33_FK2_Layout_Dinik_Anastasia.jpg
    RR33_FK2_Layout_Dinik_Anastasia.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 7,316
Last edited:

ALi321

Feb 9, 2007
Brotha... bring it on....everything in the HD Series is High End.I'm so glad I found this Thread.

RR33

Dec 20, 2008
hmmmm... there is aliasing on your screenshot = bad scale so new layout soon...

Last edited:

RR33

Dec 20, 2008
up

my new skins pack v2 is available with 4 wonderful skins for the great Finger Keyboard 2 SIP

^^

RR33

Dec 20, 2008
Hi

i just make skins, i am not a dev but i am gonna take a look into this...

Last edited:

RR33

Dec 20, 2008
Hi,

I did not make that SIP so I don't know all the possibilities of this keyboard. Nevertheless, I know that the keyboard size is defined into each layout, by example for digits, open with notepad "skin-02-wvga-port-01-digits.txt" and you 'll have this :

Code:
ResolutionBegin 480 800
	LayoutBegin digits
		DisplayName 123
		Size 480 335
		Fill 0 0 480 399 CSCHEME.BgColor
		Draw 0 0 480 2   border
		Draw 0 269 480 62 Key7

you have to modify the size too, so try this :

Code:
ResolutionBegin 480 800
	LayoutBegin digits
		DisplayName 123
		Size 480 100
		Fill 0 0 480 164 CSCHEME.BgColor
		Draw 0 0 480 2   border
		Draw 0 34 480 62 Key7

:)

N_M_S

Jun 5, 2007
Jeddah
Hi,

I did not make that SIP so I don't know all the possibilities of this keyboard. Nevertheless, I know that the keyboard size is defined into each layout, by example for digits, open with notepad "skin-02-wvga-port-01-digits.txt" and you 'll have this :

Code:
ResolutionBegin 480 800
	LayoutBegin digits
		DisplayName 123
		Size 480 335
		Fill 0 0 480 399 CSCHEME.BgColor
		Draw 0 0 480 2   border
		Draw 0 269 480 62 Key7

you have to modify the size too, so try this :

Code:
ResolutionBegin 480 800
	LayoutBegin digits
		DisplayName 123
		Size 480 100
		Fill 0 0 480 164 CSCHEME.BgColor
		Draw 0 0 480 2   border
		Draw 0 34 480 62 Key7

:)

Thanks man, that solved it. U know what's funny, I opened four different files to edit and didn't see that line in any of 'em. Good thing I asked U. :)

agmbowie

Apr 27, 2009
Other layouts?

Thanks for the great skins.
CarbonDjoubUto goes really well on my HD.
Do you know if anyone has done a Dvorak layout? Can't seem to find one, and not sure how to build one...

Thanks again - great work!

RR33

Dec 20, 2008
try to make the layout yourself : edit it with notepad

Last edited:

ivanxxx

Oct 17, 2008
Any cab with no arrows for omnia? It is waste of space while you have d-pad. Pls any idea? Bigger letters would be better with no arrowspace at the bottom.

RR33

Dec 20, 2008
No, to my knowledge there are only arrows version for wide screens but I'll try to make one ^^

Last edited:

ivanxxx

Oct 17, 2008
No, to my knowledge there are only arrows versions for wide screens like yours.

I can help you to build a new layout for your omnia but since I can't test WQVGA skins myself (I only have a VGA diamond) I'll need your help to make several tests till we succeed in ^^

Thank you bro, I've just found what I exactly looking for. Maad11 in modaco forum made some modifications for get rid of the arrows and making the keyboard bigger. Now I'm just trying some editing on txt config files. Only trouble for now is WM6.5 bar. It stays at the bottom just like other keyboards. It looks fine though but will be better...:D

RR33

Dec 20, 2008
It's GREAT that you found what you needed.
Well, for WM6.5 softkeys bar I'll try to figure it out...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts