[ROM][2.3.7][GWK74] CyanogenMod 7 for Samsung Galaxy SL

Search This thread

simmer14

Jul 5, 2011
quick question..

hi bro daniel have you contacted samsung about the Missing Dependencies and ask them why they have not shared the proper source code of the phone like they have done for the other devices..

why hav'nt i and other contacted ? because i think i or they won't be able to explain the problem like you would do because you are a pro..

i hope you get my point and will send them an email and hopefully they will reply when someone will write to them in proper way and in proper english ;)

regards
simmer

codeworkx

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
quick question..

hi bro daniel have you contacted samsung about the Missing Dependencies and ask them why they have not shared the proper source code of the phone like they have done for the other devices..

why hav'nt i and other contacted ? because i think i or they won't be able to explain the problem like you would do because you are a pro..

i hope you get my point and will send them an email and hopefully they will reply when someone will write to them in proper way and in proper english ;)

regards
simmer

i've ansered this already a thousand times.

they've released the kernel sourcecode which is GPL.
the other android related stuff must not be released because of apache license.

so what the hell are you talking about?

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra
sir do u know a recognised developer Doomlord???

Here is his profile

xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2784807

He is master is master in kernal coding & other stuffs. Can u take help of him of him?? Actually I had taken his help in porting usb otg on our device. He PM'd me that he is willing to work on this device but due to lack of this handset he cant work. He is online now. He will look like offine but he is online now.

Last edited:

xXCorleoneXx

Sep 5, 2011
stops around here to flame the topic.
the developer working on it. because by then it will be not be done faster...
Please only report bugs.
sry but must be

codeworkx

Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
sir do u know a recognised developer Doomlord???

Here is his profile

xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2784807

He is master is master in kernal coding & other stuffs. Can u take help of him of him?? Actually I had taken his help in porting usb otg on our device. He PM'd me that he is willing to work on this device but due to lack of this handset he cant work. He is online now. He will look like offine but he is online now.

and again.

kernel is not kernel because hardware is not hardware.
working on a device needs knowledge about the platform, in this case omap3, the device is built on.
so stop talking about stuff you don't understand.
i'm really getting sick of this ****.
thanks.

Reactions: kljoki and ynshetty

jamsori

Jun 3, 2011
I'm out now, waiting for the real big mighty devs to fix it.

Why is everyone recommending other dev's in the first place? Our device is low activity - not many people have it. Pestering other devs to spend time on our device, especially when they don't have it, is wrong. If they wanted to spend time on it, they would already be here. Dragging other devs here, ignoring everything they say and rushing them for ETAs isn't good either.

It's like with the forum move. We had our own section, you pester the admin's to give us our own section, they give us one in the 'legacy and low activity devices' section, and some people aren't happy enough with it. It's a joke.

I sincerely thank you for coming out of your way to help us out codeworkx.

Last edited:

frankbel

Jan 20, 2008
Messina
Uploaded a new build, no real fixes, just the current state.
I'm out now, waiting for the real big mighty devs to fix it.
This message sounds like a goodbye. I understand that you are getting bored, but please try another couple of time before giving up. You are the real big migthty developer we need to get a cyanogen mod in our device.

I kindly ask to the people here to stop telling what codeworkx should be doing and give solutions. What we got so far is to make codeworkx even more bored.

codeworkx

Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
This message sounds like a goodbye. I understand that you are getting bored, but please try another couple of time before giving up. You are the real big migthty developer we need to get a cyanogen mod in our device.

I kindly ask to the people here to stop telling what codeworkx should be doing and give solutions. What we got so far is to make codeworkx even more bored.

No, already wasted to much hours on this stupid ce147 camera.
We had problems on I9000, too. This crappy camera is damn slow on does crazy stuff.
And i'm really sick of it.

If there will be no one in future who will fix this **** up you can call I9003 dead if it isn't already.

Last edited:

joealley

Jul 24, 2011
Thank You.

No, already wasted to much hours on this stupid ce147 camera.
We had problems on I9000, too. This crappy camera is damn slow on does crazy stuff.
And i'm really sick of it.

If there will be no one in future who will fix this **** up you can call I9003 dead if it isn't already.

Thanks a lot for at least giving our model a try. :) So much has been done in a short time, yet people keep pestering on something that they don't have any idea. I hope that WE people in this section should learn a lesson about bugging a developer constantly for ETAs, etc. But i'm still hopeful that someday someone could finish what codeworx have started.

Again many thanks to codeworx for his valuable time dedicated in coming up with CM7 on our device. :)

jasspreet

May 9, 2011
Google Pixel 6a
No offense...but I was expecting such kind of reply....Samsung has f**** our model...no proper source codes...and lots more..

Thanks for ur hard efforts codeworkx:)

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

mastercipo

Sep 15, 2011
Im done with i9003 phone, it seems like this is the only phone that has no support for CM7.

Im selling my phone today and will change it to S2.

Bye phone i9003.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazone...

Aug 17, 2011
Atleast the nexus gets a update as soon as the latest version is released...where as samsung you know about them...

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App

Sir, are LG Android phone good phones? Can you give me a good manufacturer of a Good Phone? With support of course. :)

What about Galaxy 2 is it a good phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    01.11.2011: http://www.multiupload.com/YMBHHU8B9A
    - fixed preview on back camera
    - preview is still overlapping option buttons on camera app
    touchscreen is fully fixed now :D, now it's working on any surface
    i will release a full rom with the touchscreen fix by tomorrow

things to finish for a beta release of cm7:
    1- fix the liboverlay (overly is messed out).
    2- fix the camera preview (after taking a picture).
    3- fix the video capturing.
    4- fix the vibration.
    5- fix DSPmanager.
    Hello all,

Before saying any thing i just want to point for something that we are all here respect each others and we have one goal to get a stable working rom for this device.

I want to make somthing clear the drivers am using are opensourced by samsung using them is not against CM gude lines. Even the first 2 releases of this port that codeworkx released have the samsung drivers "kernel" and i used a newer version of these drivers that samsung has released. So am not developing any thing unoffical.

This is what open source is meant for why to develop somthing from zero if you have its source just use it and make it better.

I hope that every thing is clear now :)

When i was talking about $$$ i meant that guys whom developed the drivers they did tha because they ate getting payed to do that, am not looking for any $$$ or samsung to hire me am just doing that to help.

Thank you all.
    ToDo:
    - Camera Parameters (libcamera)
    - Zoom, Auto Focus, and probably much more (libcamera)
    - Crash while switching cameras (S5KA3DFX: Could not request GPIO 152, CE147: Could not request GPIO 152)
    - Video Recording (libcamera)
    - Overall Graphics Performance
    - Touch Sensitivity
    - DSP-Manager FCs (proprietary libaudio)

Download:
    05.11.2011: http://www.multiupload.com/SGI6Y6W5H9
    - overlay: fixed the overlapping issue, makes camera controls visible