[GUIDE] How to Fix Rolling Wake-up (Turning screen On from Sleep) P7510 WIFI HC3.2

Search This thread

bugs9477

Jun 30, 2007
Penticton
It’s a kernel problem or kernel to hardware difference!

This is for HoneyComb 3.2 only! Not sure if it applies to ICS Builds if it does I'll update!

I recently decided to try out GALAXY TASK 14 Revamped, everything was working great, while getting my Apps from Google Play the screen timed out which was no biggie it was going to be 15 or so minutes. When I came back 20 min later turned the screen on and the video was out of sync or static in the center of the screen with 2 thick black bars one on top one on the bottom.

Here is what it looks like for comparison to yours (Thanks to cobrax2)

s27aya.jpg

1) To fix this Download

HC 3.2:
10.1-Wifi, Touchwiz UX (OTA, GT-P7510):
boot-cm_2636.4_ux_hc32-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-010912.zip:

From http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=2479

2) Hold the Power button for 6 seconds which will reboot the tab and look normal, if it just turns off turn it back on and dont let your tab sleep.

3) Back your **** up...... Please? It will be gone if you don't! Lost all of my 3 stars and eggs by not following my own directions Now I’m Angry.... dam birds!

4) Plug your tab into you PC and transfer "boot-cm_2636.4_ux_hc32-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-010912.zip" to the root of your tab.

5) Disconnect and Boot into Recovery.

6) Go to /- install zip from sdcard /- choose zip from sdcard /- boot-cm_2636.4_ux_hc32-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-010912.zip and flash that zip!

7) Reboot.

You should be good to go!

Please let me know if this also works on the 3G P7500 and I'll update this info!

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button over there! -------------------------------->

Last edited:

ayashifx

Jun 22, 2012
works perfect, thank you ! Wasted so many time trying to fix this stupid issue. Thank you ! Works perfectly on galaxy task 14

Reactions: bugs9477

jedihe

Jul 31, 2012
Worked great!

I had the rolling problem on wake up after installing the bootloader used by isimobile to fix the rolling screen on CWM (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27830023&postcount=41) . I needed to have Pershoot's CWM working to be able to install JB AOSP Alpha (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1765254). After some testing of JB I restored a backup to my semi-stock (modified recovery) and was having that ugly problem with the screen. I just installed this kernel and it seems to be solved!

Thanks a lot bugs9477!

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
YESSS!!

Ahh, a BC native! Gotta say, following your instructions was a lot easier on the mind since you're only a couple of hours away, LOL!

This was my FIRST attempt at rooting anything and I've been pulling my hair out over rolling recovery, blahblahblah. FINALLY pulled the trigger and flashed the bootloader, then loaded this kernel to stabilize after screen lock. Dude, thank you SO much for posting this!! Very noob friendly.

Thanks again!

saigon66

Feb 2, 2008
This method don't work with the new ICS firmmware Need a new kernel to go with the new ISC firmware (PDA: P7500XXLQ8).

Last edited:
Reactions: vlegel

saigon66

Feb 2, 2008
Doesn't that brake everything else?

Edit: this will bork your wiphy but fix your screen. I'm a guess it's going to bork your front cam as well, because it doesn't work with roms this kernal is made for.

Sent from my MoPho!

You're very right! Wifi and internal SD aren't gone with those kernel. Just tested it.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7500 met Tapatalk

Compendyum

May 5, 2012
Porto
This fixed my Gtab rolling screen after wake up.
It was driving me insane!
Thanks a lot!

Btw: CM10 looks great so far.

Cheers!

momenashour

Mar 29, 2008
HAMBURG
Doesn't that brake everything else?

Edit: this will bork your wiphy but fix your screen. I'm a guess it's going to bork your front cam as well, because it doesn't work with roms this kernal is made for.

Sent from my MoPho!

Itried every single kernel here in forums,, all seems to make that silly rolling problem but that ICS kernel, but what ugly is that WIFI and camera dont work.. althu i installed the new modem for Phone calls and it works.... any idea????? helppppppppppppp

davinchi27

Aug 2, 2011
I tried this fix but still have the scrolling screen after coming back from sleep. Even restoring my initial HC nandroid, the issue will remain.

Does anyone know of a fix that doesn't break wifi?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Actually, restoring the HC nandroid and flashing this kernel fixed the issue. 5000 thanks to the OP for giving me my tab back.

I'll keep an eye in a fix for ICS or JB! Thanks.

Last edited:

Delali

Jul 7, 2014
How do I Fix Rolling Wake-up (Turning screen On from Sleep)

How do I Fix Rolling Wake-up (Turning screen On from Sleep) on my
Galaxy tab 10.1
P7500 3g & Wifi
ICS

I have been searching for the right kernel to solve this problem, any time I try is either the wifi or 3g will be disable

I need help.

Thank you

ntk4

May 20, 2015
www.teition.com

Thanks PUA John, this worked to stop the rolling screen for me on my P7510. However, it still looses my MAC and IMEI information, thus WIFI.

Be nice if somebody had a proper boot kernel to use.

EDIT: Used CWM to flash a new ROM (CM9 ICS 10.1 -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1425631) which fixed the IMEI and MAC Address issue. No rolling screen present either. Only thing that ROM doesn't have is the camera... debating if it's worth my time to try and get a fix for this camera thing or not... Who uses their Tablet for a camera anyways?! :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It’s a kernel problem or kernel to hardware difference!

This is for HoneyComb 3.2 only! Not sure if it applies to ICS Builds if it does I'll update!

I recently decided to try out GALAXY TASK 14 Revamped, everything was working great, while getting my Apps from Google Play the screen timed out which was no biggie it was going to be 15 or so minutes. When I came back 20 min later turned the screen on and the video was out of sync or static in the center of the screen with 2 thick black bars one on top one on the bottom.

Here is what it looks like for comparison to yours (Thanks to cobrax2)

s27aya.jpg

1) To fix this Download

HC 3.2:
    10.1-Wifi, Touchwiz UX (OTA, GT-P7510):
    boot-cm_2636.4_ux_hc32-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-010912.zip:

From http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=2479

2) Hold the Power button for 6 seconds which will reboot the tab and look normal, if it just turns off turn it back on and dont let your tab sleep.

3) Back your **** up...... Please? It will be gone if you don't! Lost all of my 3 stars and eggs by not following my own directions Now I’m Angry.... dam birds!

4) Plug your tab into you PC and transfer "boot-cm_2636.4_ux_hc32-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-010912.zip" to the root of your tab.

5) Disconnect and Boot into Recovery.

6) Go to /- install zip from sdcard /- choose zip from sdcard /- boot-cm_2636.4_ux_hc32-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-010912.zip and flash that zip!

7) Reboot.

You should be good to go!

Please let me know if this also works on the 3G P7500 and I'll update this info!

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button over there! -------------------------------->
    It works for P7500 too.

Thank you very much!!
    works perfect, thank you ! Wasted so many time trying to fix this stupid issue. Thank you ! Works perfectly on galaxy task 14
    You're a champion, thank you very much!
    Thanks for this!!