[Q] okay so..

Search This thread

daveybfilms

Nov 25, 2012
The Riv
Google Pixel 6
I used Windows to do custom recovery via all-in-one toolkit and it says it was successful and even had the android at the bottom of the screen on the skateboard.

I choose recovery and it comes to the white HTC screen and a disclaimer and then goes to a black screen and nothing....

I have S-Off and Temproot from Weaksauce..should I just root with the toolkit?

Help.

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
I used Windows to do custom recovery via all-in-one toolkit and it says it was successful and even had the android at the bottom of the screen on the skateboard.

I choose recovery and it comes to the white HTC screen and a disclaimer and then goes to a black screen and nothing....

I have S-Off and Temproot from Weaksauce..should I just root with the toolkit?

Help.

What recovery did you try to flash?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

daveybfilms

Nov 25, 2012
The Riv
Google Pixel 6
awesome!

OK as of right now, I have S-Off and Unlocked and rooted with TWRP Recovery. I just tried to install ViperOne and it's stuck in a bootloop at the HTC Screen.

Any suggestions or...?

674mft.png

OK, I've been at this since midnight..I locked and S-ON. I am trying to RUU my phone back to Stock and this is what has been coming up. So close yet so far...
I use this phone daily and is a pain to get this back and working.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated!

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013

Did you check the md5 on your Viper download? Did you do a wipe before you installed? Did you make a backup before you wiped? You'll probably want to do some more research before you really break your phone.

You'll want to grab your RUU from Santods stock Rom thread. The command you're typing is wrong. It's "fastboot flash zip Rom.zip". There's no oem in that command and your RUU has to be named Rom.zip. follow the instructions here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475216

If you're already locked and s-on you won't be able to do anything...You'll have to gain s-off again.

Last edited:

daveybfilms

Nov 25, 2012
The Riv
Google Pixel 6
Did you check the md5 on your Viper download? Did you do a wipe before you installed? Did you make a backup before you wiped? You'll probably want to do some more research before you really break your phone.

You'll want to grab your RUU from Santods stock Rom thread. The command you're typing is wrong. It's "fastboot flash zip Rom.zip". There's no oem in that command and your RUU has to be named Rom.zip. follow the instructions here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475216

If you're already locked and s-on you won't be able to do anything...You'll have to gain s-off again.

thank you for that little bit of info but i am locked and have s-on because I saw something say you needed it to restore stock, but from what you are telling me is that i'm S**t out of luck? I can boot fastboot and thats about it, recovery is not working and when I try to boot, it goes past the HTC screen and goes straight into bootloader.

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
thank you for that little bit of info but i am locked and have s-on because I saw something say you needed it to restore stock, but from what you are telling me is that i'm S**t out of luck? I can boot fastboot and thats about it, recovery is not working and when I try to boot, it goes past the HTC screen and goes straight into bootloader.

You're supposed to lock first, RUU and then s-on to return to stock but if you just need to run an RUU, you don't have to lock or anything. You should be able to use weaksauce and firewater to get s-off again, I think. What info is showing on your boot loader?

daveybfilms

Nov 25, 2012
The Riv
Google Pixel 6
You're supposed to lock first, RUU and then s-on to return to stock but if you just need to run an RUU, you don't have to lock or anything. You should be able to use weaksauce and firewater to get s-off again, I think. What info is showing on your boot loader?

Tempered-ReLocked.

Here are the stats I got from Fastboot getvar all

"(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.11.605.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: FAXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) imei: XXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) meid: XXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) product: m7_wlv
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0731000
(bootloader) cidnum: VZW__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4277mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!"

I appreciate you helping me out.

UPDATED: So I found this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2622141

It looks like it might work considering the RUU i was using was decrypted, wish me luck!

Last edited:

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
Tempered-ReLocked.

Here are the stats I got from Fastboot getvar all

"(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.11.605.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: FAXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) imei: XXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) meid: XXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) product: m7_wlv
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0731000
(bootloader) cidnum: VZW__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4277mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!"

I appreciate you helping me out.

UPDATED: So I found this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2622141

It looks like it might work considering the RUU i was using was decrypted, wish me luck!

I would just run weaksauce and then use firewater to get s-off since you can't do anything without the that anyway. From there you can fastboot flash a recovery and then adb sideload a rom. It's probably not in your best interest to keep trying different things. It doesn't matter what RUU you ran because it didn't successfully flash...otherwise you would be able to boot up. Good luck trying whatever you do, though.