(Help) Lost imei after flashing stock root d801

Search This thread

JMM2009

Feb 3, 2009
I have a t-mobile g2 d801, I rooted then backed up my efs with freegee then installed nrg ROM. I decided to see if the restore efs would work so I used freegee to restore it. Then I flashed the latest stock rooted ROM and now I'm getting a reboot about 30 seconds after the Os boots a date my imei is gone. Please help

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DornoDiosMio

Nov 28, 2012
Houston
I can't give you specific help to fix this, but, I can advise that you make an extra backup of your EFS. Copy it off of your phone if possible. If not, just copy it to a different partition on your phone, so you have more than 1 copy in more than 1 place.

If you attempt to return to stock with T-Mobile flashing tool all the data on your phone will be erased. So moving a copy of the EFS backup off your phone is the first thing you want to do. If you can use ADB with the phone you can get a copy of it off your phone.

After that, I'd wait for someone with specific knowledge of this problem to assist you in fixing it. Assuming the backup of your EFS file is good, you will be able to fix your phone.

Last edited:

JMM2009

Feb 3, 2009
I can't give you specific help to fix this, but, I can advise that you make an extra backup of your EFS. Copy it off of your phone if possible. If not, just copy it to a different partition on your phone, so you have more than 1 copy in more than 1 place.

If you attempt to return to stock with T-Mobile flashing tool all the data on your phone will be erased. So moving a copy of the EFS backup off your phone is the first thing you want to do. If you can use ADB with the phone you can get a copy of it off your phone.

After that, I'd wait for someone with specific knowledge of this problem to assist you in fixing it. Assuming the backup of your EFS file is good, you will be able to fix your phone.

thanks, i think the backup is still there but i dont know where freegee puts it.i am thinking if i can push the freegee apk to the rom i can restore from there, cane someone post a copy of freegee apk? also can someone tell me where freegee puts the backups. thanks

JMM2009

Feb 3, 2009
Ok, i found my where my backups are, any help on how to restore them would be great.

JMM2009

Feb 3, 2009
Freegee doesnt work, all i get is a blank white or black screen and then a reboot when i launch the app

ousoonerchase

Oct 22, 2012
Norman
Freegee doesnt work, all i get is a blank white or black screen and then a reboot when i launch the app

I'm in the same boat. I have my efs1 and efs2 img files, but no idea what to do with them. Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

EDIT: Autoprime listed this method for restoring efs
If flashable zip wasn't created or to manually restore efs img files run the following commands using adb shell while in recovery:

dd if=/sdcard/EFS_Backup/efs1.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst1
dd if=/sdcard/EFS_Backup/efs2.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2

I tried that, but still have "0" as my imei. Perhaps this method could work for someone else in this thread?

Last edited:
B

bachera

freegee doesnt work, then you probably lost root
also try when wifi on
contact freegee maker with log. you may have found a bug.

try rooting again

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app