[Q] victory_8G_100528.pit vs. s1_odin_20100512.pit

Search This thread

leatherneck6017

Oct 22, 2010
Portland, OR
In reality you don't need to use a .pit file to flash back to stock, assuming you are flashing a tarball that includes the modem. The only times you need to use a .pit are a) re-partitioning, b) flashing a modem alone, or c) flashing a kernel.

But to answer your question, _100528.pit was supposed to be the newest leaked .pit from Samsung. You can use either, whichever works.

DiGi760

Nov 7, 2010
^what he said.

Victory is the newest. It shifted the partitioning slightly, but I don't remember what got bigger and what got smaller. There's a thread about it here somewhere, but it'll take some searching.

Sturmie

May 4, 2010
Uh, I think I screwed up. I used Odin to flash the EF02 modem, but I manually set the PIT to victory_8G_100528.pit and now the phone won't even turn on...what can I do now?

EDIT: Of course, after I post that, it DID turn back on...phew.

Last edited:

duce102

Feb 4, 2011
North Carolina
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
1.) Kudos to you for searching this and not starting a new thread

2.) The pit they are talking about are ooollllllddddd

3.) I would ask this question in the thread you got the modem or pit file from

Good luck :) sorry I wasn't of that much help

htc_joe

Jul 3, 2011
In reality you don't need to use a .pit file to flash back to stock, assuming you are flashing a tarball that includes the modem. The only times you need to use a .pit are a) re-partitioning, b) flashing a modem alone, or c) flashing a kernel.

But to answer your question, _100528.pit was supposed to be the newest leaked .pit from Samsung. You can use either, whichever works.

i thought if flashing a modem you do not need the pit file.
i thought the pit was only for if you are repartitioning the file system.

this video from acs team does not say to use pit for the modem update only.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V6rASKU23Q

Last edited:
O

Original Android <3ers!

What Partitions? Are we talking /Data and /System?

htc_joe

Jul 3, 2011
[QUOTE=Original Android

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

What ever partions the thing redoes when checking repartion.
I always check all three when doing a new rom.

heXkil

Nov 21, 2010
austin
facebook.com
pit.usefullness

I have found repeatedly the case, from dealing with many software locked Epics, that when I get continued failures [whether they are failures at modem.bin or recovery.bin] (which I come across most with people who are not even sure of what chaotic kinds of up/down-grading they have done) the only thing that puts "the life back in the zombie" is:

:Flash pit only. Check> Re-partition ONLY.
The flash will be fast and you will get a
RESET/PASS.
Remove battery. Replace and boot to DL Mode.
Reset Odin and flash tar of choice. You should
get a pass/reset flashing a complete tar.

:::::::: I take no credit it for this, I have had a hard time tracking down where I heard of flashing the pit here on XDA. I just felt that it was high time I posted and I have not seen this CRITICAL "Escape Hatch" life saving technique mentioned anywhere. I wish I could give proper credit where it is so obviously due. This software unbrick method has been the one thing to save at least a dozen or more Epics that were right on the brink. Some of them that had just slowly lost power and died with a full battery during a modem flash, then only powered to a black glowing screen. Plugged in, Odin said Bing-Bongk, and I did the pit only>>>>>RESET. Then flash tar (NOT checking repartition) and Voila.

I am will be posting a link all the goodies needed just as soon as the uploads complete. Hopefully I can return the favor by getting some of the other fine folks here out of a jam.

Thanks to everyone here at XDA that makes the world of Development a more accessible and free-source experience.

And everyone here at .:android monsters:. would also like to give a HUGE round of thanks to IAP {the Independent Android Project} for their overwhelming contribution to Epic Development with the v15/Honeycomb Dreams release of the "Paranoid Android" ROM, and the recent release of the IAP App available for download on their homepage. The Fastest-Slickest/Sickest-Most Overall Stable ROM available for the Epic.
TRY IT, YOU WILL BE GLAD

Anyone with any questions or requests, feel free to pm me.

Tanx........

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pit.usefullness

I have found repeatedly the case, from dealing with many software locked Epics, that when I get continued failures [whether they are failures at modem.bin or recovery.bin] (which I come across most with people who are not even sure of what chaotic kinds of up/down-grading they have done) the only thing that puts "the life back in the zombie" is:

:Flash pit only. Check> Re-partition ONLY.
    The flash will be fast and you will get a
    RESET/PASS.
    Remove battery. Replace and boot to DL Mode.
    Reset Odin and flash tar of choice. You should
    get a pass/reset flashing a complete tar.

:::::::: I take no credit it for this, I have had a hard time tracking down where I heard of flashing the pit here on XDA. I just felt that it was high time I posted and I have not seen this CRITICAL "Escape Hatch" life saving technique mentioned anywhere. I wish I could give proper credit where it is so obviously due. This software unbrick method has been the one thing to save at least a dozen or more Epics that were right on the brink. Some of them that had just slowly lost power and died with a full battery during a modem flash, then only powered to a black glowing screen. Plugged in, Odin said Bing-Bongk, and I did the pit only>>>>>RESET. Then flash tar (NOT checking repartition) and Voila.

I am will be posting a link all the goodies needed just as soon as the uploads complete. Hopefully I can return the favor by getting some of the other fine folks here out of a jam.

Thanks to everyone here at XDA that makes the world of Development a more accessible and free-source experience.

And everyone here at .:android monsters:. would also like to give a HUGE round of thanks to IAP {the Independent Android Project} for their overwhelming contribution to Epic Development with the v15/Honeycomb Dreams release of the "Paranoid Android" ROM, and the recent release of the IAP App available for download on their homepage. The Fastest-Slickest/Sickest-Most Overall Stable ROM available for the Epic.
    TRY IT, YOU WILL BE GLAD

Anyone with any questions or requests, feel free to pm me.

Tanx........