Optimus G bumper

Search This thread

Tomatoes8

Jun 10, 2012
I have this bumper. Just put it on. I like it. This is my first bumper case. Thought I'd try one out since I like the back of this phone so much. Now I'm just waiting for my front and back shield.

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda premium

Where did you order a backshield from? Normally I go Clarivue but they dont seem to have one. I prefer not to go for wet application protectors.

DenusAndre

Jan 9, 2013
The one I like, it's very convenient (sorry, I can't leave links :( ) 111.puremobile.com/lg-mobile-ccf140agcawh-folio-case-optimus-g-white (just replace 111 :) Sorry!!!

Singlddy

Nov 6, 2012
So how does this bumper compares to a case like Otterbox?

I mean esthetics are good, but does it protect the glass on both sides or is it just a bare minimum.

(protection against a 4 yo boy is key for me)

Nokevah

Feb 4, 2013
are there no cheap generic bumpers from ebay?

all I found are cases.

Not that I have seen. I tried a silicon slip cover but it was constantly covered in dust, just a magnet. The OEM bumper is fantastic thought, protects the phone well, doesn't add too much bulk, and looks good. Definitely worth the $25.

sucsss

Feb 14, 2011
Not that I have seen. I tried a silicon slip cover but it was constantly covered in dust, just a magnet. The OEM bumper is fantastic thought, protects the phone well, doesn't add too much bulk, and looks good. Definitely worth the $25.

yea. I guess that's my only option.

still feels odd paying so much for so little.

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
You can still get a cheap TPU case for a couple of $ if you don't want the quality of the OEM bumper...

But it will be not even close in quality and design!

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
Just cut around the back... You'll have the same as if you'd paid 4$ for a cheap bumper.

I honestly think the OEM one at 20$ is way more worth it than paying some junk a couple of dollars and get what "you paid for" (ie: Junk)

The devices sells for what, 600$, and you're gonna protect it with a 4$ bumper and expect a protection... IMHO, go the extra miles and do it right!

metal_god69

Nov 26, 2011
Regina
I love them OEM bumper but 2 things really irritate me.....headphones cannot be fully inserted. I had to drill out the hole bigger. Same with USB cutout....only the cable that came with the phone fits. Surprising that these small details were over looked by lg especially for $30 for the tiniest bit of plastic.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

sucsss

Feb 14, 2011
I love them OEM bumper but 2 things really irritate me.....headphones cannot be fully inserted. I had to drill out the hole bigger. Same with USB cutout....only the cable that came with the phone fits. Surprising that these small details were over looked by lg especially for $30 for the tiniest bit of plastic.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

yea, it's like the 1st gen iphone. lol
for the charging cable I used the cable from my samsung phone. works perfectly, almost like samsung designed it for LG

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
Thanks for the heads up on the bumper, I'm a converted iPhone user and had used on on my iphone 4.

Top Liked Posts