Extended battery for G1

Search This thread
R

random_username_

Hey that's not too bad, don't forget Lithium are always degrading so your old one will have been better.

What's a "day" and "moderate" usage though?

I'd consider my last days usage "light", no calls, an hour of open sudoku, couple of emails read, couple of apps updated, couple of dozen+ webpages (a lot were just google though, some xda postings), 20 mins music, about 20-30 mins games (just normal, no emulators) and a bit of random tooling about.

I have the 2850mAh, normally I have been getting down to 30-60% after a 17/18 hour day. After this lighter usage I am at 62% after 29h31m with the screen on 2h45m (wifi is always on).

30 mins of music(bluetooth) 15mins of browsing 2g only brightness on 40% 20 mins of games 5 or 6 calls a couple of texts(dont know how many exactly) is what i did today and i was left with 70% but it dropped to around 55% pretty quickly now it is steady im gna see if i can get through tomorrow with the same charge.

P.s. i unplugged my phone at 7am and now is 7pm and it is at 55% still usually my phone would have died around 6pm this battery is a great buy in my opinion :D:D

acidwashg1

Jul 27, 2009
Los Angeles
I think we have the same battery :)

I got the same battery too, from the same obo_hk seller! Posted this in another thread too, but thought it would be relevant here too. It took a little less than 2 weeks to ship to Los Angeles, but it was worth the wait. Since I don't have any quantitative tools to measure the actual battery mAh, I thought I'd use the battery uptime before death on each battery and compare that way. I compared the OEM HTC battery and the new Andida battery. Lets do a little math: 1600mAh-1150mAh=450mAh/1150mAh=.3913=39.13%. So the Andida battery should supposedly have about 39% more power than the OEM HTC battery. I've had the Andida battery for a week or so now, and I've been properly wearing in the battery the whole week. For the testing, I charged each battery to full, rebooted (to reset battery uptime), and then proceeded to duplicate this procedure pretty closely for each battery: I turned on wi-fi, bluetooth, turned screen brightness all the way up, played music through headphones at full volume, and ran gps status app with screen timeout disabled. Then I monitored each batteries' uptime (surfed the web while I waited for the phone to die, haha). The OEM HTC battery ran under this load for 165 minutes before dying. The Andida battery lasted 218 minutes! Time for some more maths: 218min 165min=53min/165min=0.3212=32.12% uptime increase for the Andida Battery, compared to the original HTC battery. 32% is a little shy of the supposed 39% but I will take anything I can get. Overall, I'm very happy with the Andida battery and the service from obo_hk was great minus the long wait for shipping from foreign country. This battery gets my seal of approval, hope this review helps someone out there.

Last edited:

im.l0ltn

Nov 9, 2008
Review

After using it for a couple of days now, I noticed an obvious increase in battery life so I didn't even bother do any tests. I think I'm considered an "average" user. I usually talk on the phone with the gf for about 3-5 hours a day, browse the web on 3G or wifi for about 1-2 hours , text, listen to music, remote desktop and ssh, upload and download via ftp, tether, and play some emulators. Usually my OEM battery would hit 1-2% in the late evening and I would need to recharge it but with Andida battery it'll last up till around 10 or 11. (Unplugged around 7-8am)

So far all positives review from xda members. If any one is interested in upgrading to a new cheap battery, give the andida battery a try.

Last edited:
R

random_username_

After using it for a couple of days now, I noticed an obvious increase in battery life so I didn't even bother do any tests. I think I'm considered an "average" user. I usually talk on the phone with the gf for about 3-5 hours a day, browse the web on 3G or wifi for about 1-2 hours , text, listen to music, remote desktop and ssh, upload and download via ftp, tether, and play some emulators. Usually my OEM battery would hit 1-2% in the late evening and I would need to recharge it but with Andida battery it'll last up till around 10 or 11. (Unplugged around 7-8am)

So far all positives review from xda members. If any one is interested in upgrading to a new cheap battery, give the andida battery a try.

holy **** 3-5 hours on the phone :eek::eek::eek:

moxiot

Jun 1, 2008
i have had the battery for 3 days and i haven't noticed any increase at all. not bad for 10 bucks but it definitely doesn't add 30% more juice than the oem one. i will have to get one of those bulky batteries to increase the battery life since this one is just as bad as the original. that's my opinion so take it with a pinch of salt...

kasperjames

Sep 11, 2011
columbus
www.skulljackets.com
noticed this as well with the "bearly" fitting back. Got mine from accessorywiz.com love it. wish you could post images of what you did or how it looked afterwards.

btw, whats your reading on the battery internally? at 100%
cant understand why it says 4190mA while the battery itself says 2400mAh. Just wondering...because i cant find a conversion for this.

i have DREA160 3.7VDC

goljak

May 16, 2009
where can I buy andida battery for htc g1? I've been looking on ebay but there's none for g1