replacement question

Search This thread

ncwildcat

Feb 2, 2009
does anybody know if the replacements that the insurance company sends out have 4.3 yet? I shattered my screen and LCD today and have to get one.

cpomike13

Aug 23, 2010
La Habra Ca.
I want to know if Verizon will send out note 3s as replacement instead of the 2 (if they ran out of note2s) I shattered the left bottom corner, but I have a screen cover on it, so I can still use it. As far as 4.3, just root, and run 4.4 like me. KitKat is sweet, lol.

Big Mike's Lil R2D2 running CM KitKat/Devil

ncwildcat

Feb 2, 2009
I want to know if Verizon will send out note 3s as replacement instead of the 2 (if they ran out of note2s) I shattered the left bottom corner, but I have a screen cover on it, so I can still use it. As far as 4.3, just root, and run 4.4 like me. KitKat is sweet, lol.

Big Mike's Lil R2D2 running CM KitKat/Devil

I had root on my shattered one, but everyting I am reading says that 4.3 is locked down and the bootloader can't be unlocked. I don't care if I trip the counter as long as I don't end up with a brick, but really want that unlocked BL

chubbrock

Aug 22, 2010
My buddy just got two replacements within the past two weeks and neither had 4.3 installed. They did ask for the OTA though, so just deferred and proceeded to root.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Jiggabitties

Apr 1, 2011
Michigan
I would think that any replacements being sent out at this point are refurbished units and probably would not have 4.3 preinstalled. But alas, you never know.