[NB1►DOWNGRADE★UPDATE◄MK2] ★ [NB1 FULL ODIN] ★ [Apr.24.2014]

Search This thread

cnewsgrp

Mar 22, 2008
Stock NB1 to SafeStrap + VenonNB1 Instructions

Instructions to go from Stock NB1 to SafeStrap + VenonNB1

Disclaimer: None of this is my work - I prepared this install instructions for my benefit and have not executed them yet - I will do so today and post results - I recommend you read this for clarity only but rely on experts and their posts (see Source below) for executing whatever changes you are making to your phone. Everything is at your risk!!!

Experts - please let me know if any corrections are needed - Last thing I want to do is brick everyone else phone.

Credits/Source
1) |★NB1►DOWNGRADE★METHOD◄MK2★ | ★NB1★FULL★ODIN★UPDATE★NB1★ | ★Mar.08.2014★|
2) >>>DEADLY-VENOM-V3.0 KITKAT EDITION<<< POST # 4

Checkpoint 1 - Starting Point: You are on stock NB1

Section 1 - Downgrade from NB1 Stock to MK2 System - You will still retain NB1 Bootloader

Source: |★NB1►DOWNGRADE★METHOD◄MK2★ | ★NB1★FULL★ODIN★UPDATE★NB1★ | ★Mar.08.2014★|

Step1: Download 3 files from Post#1
1) JFLTE_USA_ATT_16G.pit
2) 1AP_I337UCUEMK2_1921628_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5
3) ODIN3_v3.09.zip

Step2: Go to download mode and ODIN the two files - PIT file in PIT slot and second file in PDA slot.

Step3: Boot into recovery and choose full wipe/factory reset

Step4: Re-root using SafeRoot

Step5: Reinstall SafeStap 3.71

Section 2 - DEADLY-VENOM-V3.0 KITKAT EDITION

Source: >>>DEADLY-VENOM-V3.0 KITKAT EDITION<<< POST # 4

Check Point 2: You are on NB1 Bootloader, MK2 System rooted via saferoot and have Safestrap v3.71 installed If your state is not as listed then stop now!!

Downloads :

1)DVSS-v3-KitKat-Edition- http://d-h.st/1B9
Mirror : http://d-h.st/tGN
2) @rebel1699 CUSTOM KITKAT MAGIC TAR http://d-h.st/53g

Instructions

Step1. Extract @rebel1699 Custom KitKat Magic tar contents and Odin 3.09 to an easily accessed location on your computer.

Step2. Place DVSS-V3-KITKAT EDITION on your external sd card

Step3. Reboot to safestrap. BACKUP YOUR CURRENT STOCK SLOT!!! Wipe stock slot wipe-advanced wipe- choose all except external sdcard

Step4. Install DVSS-V3-KITKAT-EDITION to stock slot.

Step5. Once the rom has sucessfully flashed, tap home button. Tap reboot, and choose reboot to download. (download mode). Phone will now boot to download mode.

Step6. Plug the phone into the pc, and open odin 3.09 (may require you to open as admin)

Now, in odin, add the files you extracted earlier from @rebel1699 CUSTOM KITKAT MAGIC TAR to their respective slot. BL>>>BL SLOT ....AP>>>AP SLOT ....CP>>>CP SLOT.

There is no need to tick any boxes. They do this automatically.

Once everything has loaded, hit start. Hopefully after it finishes and reboots, Venom 4.4 will boot.

Check Point 3 (done): You are on NB1 Bootloader, SafeStrap installed with Deadly Venom NB1 base ROM installed on System Slot

Repeat Disclaimer: None of this is my work - I prepared this install instructions for my benefit and have not executed them yet - I will do so today and post results - You are welcome to follow them at your risk!!!

Last edited:

DraKuL71

Mar 4, 2014
Phoenix
Alright… I'm gonna give this thing a shot and let's see what happens! I'll only get 1 stab at it this morning since I need to be at work in 2 hours.
AT&T SGH-I337, NB1 downgraded to to MK2, BL already upgraded, Knox already tripped. Will post results.

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!! I'm so excited right now I don't know what to do! This works :)
When that DV ROM booted up and it prompted me for a wifi connection I was ecstatic. Now all my stuff is restoring from Google. I'll use this ROM all day at work and see how it runs but so far it looks like all is going smooth.

Edit: I know what to do.. Go and hit that THANKS button as many times as I can.

If I find any issues or bugs I'll report them.:good:

andrewdroid

Oct 19, 2010
New York, NY
Samsung Galaxy S21
I'm unclear exactly how safestrap even works when something is flashed to the stock slot. Is that still "safe" in terms of knox warranty void flag? How is it even possible to flash to the stock slot anyway, I thought something has to be left untouched or something along those lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DraKuL71

Mar 4, 2014
Phoenix
Minor snag

This is worth noting but I will test it again. After this awesome ROM was installed and I went to my typical customization processes, a battery mod that I have flashed successfully before on other ROMS including the 4.3 version of this ROM caused SafeStrap to go haywire. I saw the warning about flashing other ROMS in SafeStrap after this procedure completes and I am wondering if this applies to other non-ROM customization zips. It was a strange quirk: SafeStrap warned that it could not mount /system and that the stock slot had no OS but in reality, the OS was there (because it booted). Unfortunately I had already performed a factory reset so I had to reapply all my apps and settings.

I am going to flash another mod (volume booster) that has always worked in the past and see how SS reacts to it. This time, I will not do a factory reset if it states there's no OS or that it couldn't mount the partitions.

dave5777

BlackBox 3.0 is installable as is. No edits needed. Retains root. Only flaw I see so far is "sound" section in settings FC's when tapped. Remember, if you are on a custom nb1 already, you need to Odin mk3 boot.IMG before flashing anything in ss.

Boot to download. Odin mk3 boot.IMG.

Reboot to safestrap. Wipe and install black box on stock. Install nb1 modules.

Boot back to download and odin nb1 magic tars. Let it reboot. Profit.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I was able to run BB 3.0 but I can't get the Wi-Fi to work. Do I still need to flash mk2 modules?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

siccfckk

Aug 19, 2012
There working on NB1 Modules at the moment prior to being released to the masses:thumbup::D:thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Psych0t1c20

Feb 19, 2010
Jersey
This is worth noting but I will test it again. After this awesome ROM was installed and I went to my typical customization processes, a battery mod that I have flashed successfully before on other ROMS including the 4.3 version of this ROM caused SafeStrap to go haywire. I saw the warning about flashing other ROMS in SafeStrap after this procedure completes and I am wondering if this applies to other non-ROM customization zips. It was a strange quirk: SafeStrap warned that it could not mount /system and that the stock slot had no OS but in reality, the OS was there (because it booted). Unfortunately I had already performed a factory reset so I had to reapply all my apps and settings.

I am going to flash another mod (volume booster) that has always worked in the past and see how SS reacts to it. This time, I will not do a factory reset if it states there's no OS or that it couldn't mount the partitions.

What were your results when flashing the volume mod? Did it work?

cnewsgrp

Mar 22, 2008
ted77usa - First of all many thanks for your great work. I have installed Deadly Venom ROM and it works great however there are two pieces that I don't understand

1) What does rebel1699's Custom Magic KitKat tar do? I know it has BL/AP/CP files that we odin. Please explain.

Now, in odin, add the files you extracted earlier to their respective slot. BL>>>BL SLOT ....AP>>>AP SLOT ....CP>>>CP SLOT.

2) I started with NB1 stock and now I am on Deadly Venom ROM - if I need to go back to stock (for warranty purpose) what would I do? I am guessing ODIN NB1 USER USE THIS below. What will that do?

To get back to a full mk2 system with all normal functionality, Download & extract files below according to your current firmware. Reboot to download mode, and flash the following odin files

MK2 USER USE THIS : http://d-h.st/JqE
NB1 USER USE THIS : http://d-h.st/4Zy

Reboot and enter safestrap. Wipe stock slot, and restore your backup. Back to normal.

2)

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
There working on NB1 Modules at the moment prior to being released to the masses:thumbup::D:thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Already made.

Try flashing this, and let me know if it works

jflteatt-NB1-modules.zip
md5:fe80696a7e8fd00ac2837816eaf8cf32

I should mention, this fix is dependent upon you having the NB1 kernel, NONHLOS, and system.img.ext4 on your device. So you would have had to flash the following from the NB1 update:

boot.img
modem.bin
NON-HLOS.bin
system.img.ext4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [NB1►DOWNGRADE★UPDATE◄MK2] ★ [NB1 FULL ODIN] ★ [Apr.24.2014]

POST#1 >>> DOWNGRADE METHOD LINKS AND GUIDE
    POST#2 >>> NB1 FULL ODIN AND UPDATE LINK
    POST#3 >>> GUIDE ON HOW TO UPDATE TO NB1 FROM MK2

RedLine_Sig.png
    [NB1►DOWNGRADE ★ UPDATE◄MK2] ★ [Mar.23.2014]​
    RedLine_Sig.png

★★★★

RedLine_Sig.png

DOWNLOAD>>>JFLTE_USA_ATT_16G.pit<<<HERE

DOWNLOAD>>>AP_I337UCUEMK2_.tar.md5<<<HERE

DOWNLOAD>>>>>ODIN3_v3.09.zip<<<<<HERE

DOWNLOAD>>>>>bypasslkm.zip<<<<<HERE

RedLine_Sig.png

1. Download all three files above
    2. Open ODIN3v3.09
    3. Load both Pit and AP together to corerct slot ( Pit >>PIT SLOT.....AP>>PDA SLOT ) and hit start.....:good:
    5. When is done....reboot to stock recovery and choose Full Wipe/Factory Reset.
    6. Re-Root using Saferoot Method
    7. Re-install Safestrap-v3.71
    8. Try restoring your back up from safestrap recovery....CONFIRMED WORK...:good:
    9. Special Thanks to @Michael3214 @rebel1699 @Maribou @dolph8886 @Surge1223 @jeboo for his bypasslkm exploit and others that help to get WiFi Fixed....:good:

Code:
    adb push bypasslkm /data/local/tmp
    cd /data/local/tmp
    chmod 755 bypasslkm
    ./bypasslkm

THANKS to @dave5777 for the link

Flash in Safe Strap then reboot open universal init.d toggle on then press nb1wififix then press the play icon on the top right grant su. After that you'll have wifi on boot.

https://mega.co.nz/#!dct3ALRT!e81l_VG_1YURnCv_gsvtuTVO8prBdLaYu_yKvCYeHhg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Just backup and restore wifi info manually /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    [NB1★FULL ODIN] ★ [NB1 4.4.2 ★ UPDATE] ★ [Apr.24.2014]

RedLine_Sig.png

[NB1 ★ FULL ODIN] ★ [4.4 ★ ATT ★ KITKAT ★ UPDATE] ★ [Mar.25.2014]
    RedLine_Sig.png

| ★★ |​

>>>NB1 FULL ODIN TAR<<<
    Thanks to @muniz_ri
    ....:good:

>>>MIRROR<<<

| ★★ |​

DOWNLOAD>>>I337_4.4_Unbrick_Part1.tar.rar<<<HERE

DOWNLOAD>>>I337_4.4_Unbrick_Part2.tar.rar<<<HERE

(CHECK POST #3 TO CHOOSE WHICH METHOD)
    DOWNLOAD>>>I337MK2toNB1_OTA.zip<<<HERE

DOWNLOAD>>>>>update.zip<<<<<HERE
    ★ See post #3 for guide on how to update from 4.3 MK2 to 4.4 NB1 ★

| ★★ |​
    [NB1★GUIDE HOW TO UPDATE★NB1] ★ [Apr.24.2014]

RedLine_Sig.png

[NB1★GUIDE HOW TO UPDATE★NB1] ★ [Mar.25.2014]​
    RedLine_Sig.png

| ★★ |

1. U need Samsung USB driver install to your PC ......Install SAMSUNG KIES and plug your phone, it will install latest driver for your phone....:good:
    2. Make sure u unable USB debugging mode on ur phone.....go to menu>settings>more> it should be on top of about device
    ( Developer options ) but if u dont have it go to about device and click build number 5 time....so that will unable developer options and CHECK USB DEBUGGING.
    3. Make sure u have latest ADB ( Android Debugging Bridge ) version 1.0.31.... ANDROID SDK
    4. IF you like to update to NB1 coming from MK2 ....Reboot to recovery>>>Apply Update From ADB....( MAKE SURE U DOWNLOAD update.zip AND PLACE IT INSIDE YOUR SD CARD)
    5. Go to your PC >>> ADB folder >>> Shift+Right Click >>> Open Command Window Here
    Code:
    [B][I][COLOR="Red"]adb devices[/COLOR][/I][/B]
    Code:
    [B][I][COLOR="Red"]adb sideload update.zip[/COLOR][/I][/B]
    I HAVE A 4.4.2 ROM INSTALLED AND BOOTED THROUGH SS!!!!! Venom 3.0!!! It is fully rooted, and fully functional. Phone, sound, wifi and all.
    @ted77usa @Maribou

Please stay tuned. I have no plans to hog the fun. I will get everything uploaded and ready.

Can i just say, having the first (i think) locked bl on 4.4.2 rooted feels cool as he77.

EDIT: The newest Golden-Eye 4.4.2 nb2 is now booting as well. Flashed with nb1 modules, and booted with no issue. It does NOT retain root.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app