[Q] Not receiving notifications of Hangouts messages.

Search This thread

The_Joe

Jan 2, 2012
Tacoma, Wa
Hey folks, this issue has been present on my Droid 4 as well as my note 3 for a few months, regardless of what rom I am on. The problem is that my Fiance works in a medical radiation cancer treatment center, and there is absolutely no cell reception for her. Because of this, we use hangouts through the day.

If my phone has been untouched for, lets just say 1 hour, and she sends me a message, I get a notification. However, if I reply to her, and a few mins later she messages me back, I get no notifications. No sound, no notification bar pop up, nothing.

This is super frustrating, but it acts almost like a feature that has been implemented on purpose. I want it to pester me, and I want to know the moment I have a message. Otherwise, I am constantly unlocking my phone and checking out the hangouts screen.

Running Jasmine now, but this was a problem with stock as well.

DJ0224

Apr 4, 2014
Hey folks, this issue has been present on my Droid 4 as well as my note 3 for a few months, regardless of what rom I am on. The problem is that my Fiance works in a medical radiation cancer treatment center, and there is absolutely no cell reception for her. Because of this, we use hangouts through the day.

If my phone has been untouched for, lets just say 1 hour, and she sends me a message, I get a notification. However, if I reply to her, and a few mins later she messages me back, I get no notifications. No sound, no notification bar pop up, nothing.

This is super frustrating, but it acts almost like a feature that has been implemented on purpose. I want it to pester me, and I want to know the moment I have a message. Otherwise, I am constantly unlocking my phone and checking out the hangouts screen.

Running Jasmine now, but this was a problem with stock as well.

I have this SAME EXACT problem. Couldnt figure it out. Me and my wife are using whatsapp for the time being.