Improved performance with MIUI6

Search This thread

vivzek

Oct 6, 2012
Guys, Yesterday I updated mu MIUI from v5 to v6. The Antutu benchmark was around 32,000 with v5 and it has how jumper to around to 43,000 after the update to v6!
That is one massive improvement in the ROM kernel it seems.
What are you experiences?

linr76

Feb 28, 2014
Zürich
my experience? MIUI v6 sucks. big time.
they wanted to make it simpler, in my opinion its way more complicated now.
they took away many features of v5
apps keep crashing, google stuff doesn't work at all.
camera app is useless.
and so on.
that the whole UI looks like IOS now doesn't help either. every time you pull up the toggles i nearly puked. - ok -than can be fixed down the road with a decent theme but right now there ain't any.
back to v5 and .22 - if you ask me, the performance gain is NOT worth all the hassle.

reneftw

May 1, 2011
Guys, Yesterday I updated mu MIUI from v5 to v6. The Antutu benchmark was around 32,000 with v5 and it has how jumper to around to 43,000 after the update to v6!

The huge difference comes from the fact that you used Antutu 4 final on Miui5 and Antutu 5 beta on Miui6. Try installing Antutu 4 on Miui 6 and then see what scores you get.

1. they took away many features of v5
2. apps keep crashing,
3. google stuff doesn't work at all.
4. camera app is useless.

1. That's true
2+3. I don't have those problems, maybe you should try clean install. In fact, I don't get any force closes and Gapps works just like they did in v5
4. That is also true

Also, we need to keep in mind that is a developer version. The stable version appears only in October.

linr76

Feb 28, 2014
Zürich
Also, we need to keep in mind that is a developer version. The stable version appears only in October.

sure, but i doubt the ipone look will go away...
this release is hardly fit for a daily driver, just too much not working or constricted - go look at all the bug reports etc.

as i am playing with it some more, even the MIUI5 is still full of bugs, some of them have been around for a long long time and i doubt they will ever be fixed.
Lets hope the kernel source is available soon, as promised, then AOSP / CM/ here i come.

orlribeiro

Oct 5, 2010
Personally its not the iphone look that pisses me of the most. But the feature loss is absolutelly unexcusable. I feel like i have a crappier phone now somehow...

Go CM11 :)

PrimeNexes

Feb 4, 2013
Mumbai
www.planet-nexes.tk
The RAM Optimization is helping the UI is future ready for Android L hence ditching the menu button to recent with was irritating.
The Battery is still not optimized and I really want the Auto-Brightness like the CM11.
The iOS look is good using most of the 1080p resolution they have done a good job.
I now have 1GB of free RAM now but I never got any problem with RAM even if it was at 400MB free or 200MB.
My hopes for future updates are:
1.Auto-Brightness like CM11
2.Less resource usage more leading to more Free RAM.
3.Power Saver Mode and Battery Optimization.
4.English Themes,Mi Store,Games,etc
5.And something unexpected :D

Overall Happy with MIUI v6 than MIUI v5

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

The huge difference comes from the fact that you used Antutu 4 final on Miui5 and Antutu 5 beta on Miui6. Try installing Antutu 4 on Miui 6 and then see what scores you get.

1. That's true
2+3. I don't have those problems, maybe you should try clean install. In fact, I don't get any force closes and Gapps works just like they did in v5
4. That is also true

see the tips of MIUI v6 you have to slide left and right to get more options like HDR etc

mihaimoga

Jan 27, 2011
Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Dude, you have the new Antutu app, i'm on miui 23(stable international version) V5 and score 44000.It's not related with the version of miui, In fact V6 is not as stable and functional as v5.

sidermi

Jan 1, 2011
To my AnTuTu not have reliability scores vary in each update.
Important to see the fluidity and functionality of the phone, not your score in an application.
A greeting.

Reactions: varun5833

jleonnn

Feb 22, 2012
Singapore
I think the benchmark scores dont really matter as much as the user experience. The benchmark scores might be lower but i'm getting a bit more lag around the interface, maybe the new apps just arent optimised yet. What do you guys think? Plus I dont think the Mi3 has any problems with gaming performance so any improvement wouldnt be very noticeable

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app

TiTAN-O-One

Dec 18, 2012
Singapore
MIUI V6 looks more heavier skinned compared to the V5. Not really surprised if perfomance turned into a crawl. Im getting the MI3 and won't update it to the V6 version. Its still new. Maybe give some time and the bugs shld be gone

Via the Internet

vivzek

Oct 6, 2012
Been using v6 for quire some time now. IT does has some limitations like some less options in the notification pane and some awkward menu options, ok a ****ty camera app, but still it is preety smooth. ITs a beta version and new developments will keep coming as the devs keep on progressing... The interface is smooth just like v5 but if you want to keep progressing then u got to start using it as it will be the standard later on.

The Dork Knight Rises

Mar 20, 2014
Mumbai
samriddhabasu.github.io
I personally like the MIUI 6 look...It has the polished look of iOS with the functionality of Android...
Admitted a lotta features are still missing, but I am assuming they will be added in final builds...(if they are not, then yeah, dual boot AOSP ROMs for me too...)
And when you got 32000ish scores in Antutu, did you have Performance mode ON?

tormie

Apr 9, 2011
I'm glad that I'm not alone (hugs) . This V6 is a flat fiasco, a dull imitation of the f..g Iphone

camera app is useless.
and so on.
that the whole UI looks like IOS now doesn't help either. every time you pull up the toggles i nearly puked. - ok -than can be fixed down the road with a decent theme but right now there ain't any.
back to v5 and .22 - if you ask me, the performance gain is NOT worth all the hassle.

MIUI V6 looks more heavier skinned compared to the V5. Not really surprised if perfomance turned into a crawl. Im getting the MI3 and won't update it to the V6 version. Its still new. Maybe give some time and the bugs shld be gone

Via the Internet

shhbz

Jul 19, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Well thats true seem ppl finding the os an ios replica are correct as the main stuff we are actually looking for is the ram and battery optimisation.
Moreover it seems to be screwed up with the new ui hope they come up with something solid till the official

mjames.abordo

Apr 11, 2013
Manila
I reverted back to 4.8.22 I've got a lot of problems on v6 dont like the camera,browser,battery life it messed up my root access,messed up also my touch screen, I've got ghost touches everywhere.

@ssasin.monish

Apr 3, 2012
::::Near Hell::::
My personal opinion is that i m in love with the ui performance and what not.
Its buttery smooth, no lag, and it feels pretty awesome to use such a beautiful UI.
Ya but its true the camera app is a bit f***ed up but nevermind its just a beta one. Its going to get updated in a much better way so keep updating.
- Sent via cool MiUi v6. :)

The Dork Knight Rises

Mar 20, 2014
Mumbai
samriddhabasu.github.io
I reverted back to 4.8.22 I've got a lot of problems on v6 dont like the camera,browser,battery life it messed up my root access,messed up also my touch screen, I've got ghost touches everywhere.

Whew! Glad to hear the ghost touch thing is a MIUI 6 bug...
I updated to MIUI 6 as soon as I got my Mi3 and get ghost touch too (mostly while charging)...

SurajH

Sep 4, 2012
Stop Blaming For FC and other issues like some missing features in MIUI v5 and etc in Beta release of MIUI v6:silly:
Because its still in Beta test so when it comes in Stable State talk about it more..:p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    camera app is useless.
    and so on.
    To my AnTuTu not have reliability scores vary in each update.
    Important to see the fluidity and functionality of the phone, not your score in an application.
    A greeting.