[Q] Odin FAIL after Nand write start

Search This thread

N12X93R

Jan 30, 2013
Hey, guys. I left my G2 to go back to my GS4, and I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm trying to get back to an earlier firmware to gain root and flash custom recovery. Currently on NB1 firmware. TowelRoot does not work.

Anyway, I downloaded the stock ATT Firmware for my phone. UCUAMDL. When I go to Odin, Auto reboot and F reset time is checked. Re-Partition is not checked. Odin sees my phone. I hit PDA or AP and load my firmware file and hit start. Everytime, it fails after Nand write start.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I337UCUAMDL_I337ATTAMDL_I337UCUAMDL_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1

I have tried v1.85, 3.04, 3.08, and 3.09. I have tried various USB ports on my computer. I have tried 2 different cables. I always run as admin. I have tried running in compatibility mode. Kies is not installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers.

Any help?

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
Your phone has a locked boot loader which prevents a full downgrade. If you are on stock NB1, you can adb sideload the NC1 OTA update file. The all things AT&T should have the link.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE using Tapatalk

N12X93R

Jan 30, 2013
Your phone has a locked boot loader which prevents a full downgrade. If you are on stock NB1, you can adb sideload the NC1 OTA update file. The all things AT&T should have the link.

If I sideload NC1, will I be able to install custom recovery and flash custom ROMs? Or will that require the MK2 downgrade to flash custom recovery after root?

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
If I sideload NC1, will I be able to install custom recovery and flash custom ROMs? Or will that require the MK2 downgrade to flash custom recovery after root?

You will be able to root using towelroot and install touchwiz based custom roms. There is a version of the google play edition that works (there are some known issues though).

The stock recovery cannot be replaced. We have a special recovery (this recovery is available during normal boot itself) called safestrap that can be used to flash the custom roms.

All things AT&T

Reactions: N12X93R

N12X93R

Jan 30, 2013
You will be able to root using towelroot and install touchwiz based custom roms. There is a version of the google play edition that works (there are some known issues though).

The stock recovery cannot be replaced. We have a special recovery (this recovery is available during normal boot itself) called safestrap that can be used to flash the custom roms.

All things AT&T

Oh, wow. What happened? I guess Samsung stuck it to us one final hard time. Made things so much harder. Thanks for the clarification.

highaltitude

Nov 4, 2010
NC
Unfortunately you cant install Safestrap Recovery while on NC1. At least I haven't been able to at all. Really f'n hating this crappy updated phone I got from ATT as a replacement for my broken old on with the good bootloader.

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
You should be able to, once you set selinux to permissive mode. Towelroot was also updated to do the same.

sway8966

Mar 17, 2012
Odessa
Hey, guys. I left my G2 to go back to my GS4, and I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm trying to get back to an earlier firmware to gain root and flash custom recovery. Currently on NB1 firmware. TowelRoot does not work.

Anyway, I downloaded the stock ATT Firmware for my phone. UCUAMDL. When I go to Odin, Auto reboot and F reset time is checked. Re-Partition is not checked. Odin sees my phone. I hit PDA or AP and load my firmware file and hit start. Everytime, it fails after Nand write start.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I337UCUAMDL_I337ATTAMDL_I337UCUAMDL_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1

I have tried v1.85, 3.04, 3.08, and 3.09. I have tried various USB ports on my computer. I have tried 2 different cables. I always run as admin. I have tried running in compatibility mode. Kies is not installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers.

Any help?

If you are on NB1 you can go back to MK2 to root or update to NC1 to use TowelRoot .
If you want to downgrade to MK2 and root please follow the steps in post 1, 2, 3 at here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

All things AT&T