Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tgascoigne

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2012
Bristol, UK
tom.gascoigne.me
tgascoigne.. Thank u so much .. u r the best dev i have met on XDA.. the jb sdk port is awesome. the ui is so much refined..and smooth even without proper optimization . MAN! and i m being a bit greedy but i cant help it.. could u plz tell me what all is working on the sys dump rom? or hw is it better than this?

*if only i could get sound and mic working .. i would have satified and used it as my daily rom >.<.. its that much cool :D

Its booted, doesn't have the annoying crashes and dropouts of the sdk port, has the proper boot animation, and generally feels a bit more stable. It also has the new google apps. Will upload soon (might take a while, slow connection)

Reactions: patriotaus

prokshit

Oct 20, 2010
one more question. i did a back up of the stock rom.. in cwm.. if i want to go back then i should be good after restoring or.. i should get a new boot.img and flashing and all? or something?

one more question. i did a back up of the stock rom.. in cwm.. if i want to go back then i should be good after restoring or.. i should get a new boot.img and flashing and all? or something?

Presuming you know how to flash the boot.img this should work:

Boot to hboot
Flash jellybean boot.img
Go to recovery
Backup current rom with CWM
Factory reset
Then flash jellybean .zip in cwm

To get back to old rom
Boot to hboot
Flash boot.img from old rom
Factory reset
Restore CWM backup

cYbOrG5

Jan 27, 2012
why boot to hboot using JB?
i thought its suppose to be fastboot when flashing boot.img?

cYbOrG5

Jan 27, 2012
usual cwm backup location AFAIK

/sd card/clockworkmod/backup/
usually the backup name are the timestamp when you backedup the ROM.

Reactions: prokshit

prokshit

Oct 20, 2010
yes.. thank u i got it. boot.img.. by using the mass storage in cwm.. now restoring the stock rom^^

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
:D who now wants to go and own a GS3 phone now....i knew it was best to stick with this beast...all the good stuff are coming along nicely were the poor people over there will be lucky if they get this up and running by Xmas:D:D love you guys

Reactions: Pointlol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is old. See this topic
    HV7g3.png

Banner thanks to Sebianoti
    I've just noticed that this has made the XDA portal. It's been up on quite a few websites today that I've noticed, and I just wanted to say a big thank you to all the writers who have helped spread the word. If you are one of them, you're awesome!

This is a port of Jellybean, based off of the roms for the two nexus devices that were released yesterday. I'm working to add in all of the key features at the moment, and it's going pretty well, so you can probably expect to see some kind of Alpha release fairly soon.

It's based off the porting work done for CM9 for our phone in the topic here, with some help from randomblame in the #cyanogenmod-dev channel. (Thanks!)

Working
    • Core system with little to no crashes
    Not working
    • Wifi
    • Radio
    • Audio
    • Camera

Ironically, the issue we've been trying to resolve with CM9 for this phone, the rotation bug, appears to be fixed here. Not sure whether to laugh or cry :p

Images
    http://i.imgur.com/CgWMF.png
    http://i.imgur.com/DLd2U.png
    http://i.imgur.com/eQRbc.png
    http://i.imgur.com/htOEO.png
    http://i.imgur.com/ewQrl.png
    http://i.imgur.com/y4R30.png

Video (Thanks to Vere850211)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whavUiVkYq8

DOWNLOAD

Remember to flash the boot.img in the zip.

Progress log
    • Now based off of the Nexus 7 tegra rom. Things are running a lot smoother and with little to no crashes
    • Wifi firmware loaded, just need to get it talking with netd and we'll have wifi
    • I have been able to manually configure wpa_supplicant and it successfully scans for networks. The problem now is that the rest of Android seems to be having trouble communicating with wpa_supplicant.

To those PMing me asking about porting info: Don't expect there to be a simple cut and paste way to port. If you have no experience with porting or don't at least have an understanding of how android is structured, then I would advise you to read up before attempting this. I can provide targeted help if you have a specific issue, but I won't port it for you, and please don't be offended if I suggest you go do some reading.
    If you still think you can do this, then here's a checklist of the major things you should look at to get it booting:
    • boot.img - Grab mine or any other jellybean boot.img, and pull the entire init.rc and init.traces.rc, and package it up with a cm9 boot.img
    • /system/lib/modules + /system/lib/hw - Modules must be brought across from a cm9 rom, and unless your device runs the same chipset as the base you're using (tegra for the n7, omap for the gn), you'll probably need to put all of the hw libs into there too
    • /system/etc/firmware + /system/vendor - You'll most probably need to pull both of these dirs into the rom
    • /system/lib/egl - You'll want all of the egl libs and egl.conf
    • Various /system/etc files - There's usually some configs, firmware, and other stuff in here
    • /system/lib - There's tons of files in here, a lot of which you'll need to bring over, and a lot of which you'll need to leave alone. Best advice I can give you is to find an open source cm9 tree for your device and check the proprietary-files.txt file
    That's it. By now you should at least have it showing the boot animation. Now it's up to you and your debugging tools. strace is invaluable if you have a specific binary that doesn't want to load, it'll show you all of the system calls it makes and the errno if one gets set. Read through the logcat carefully and it'll probably tell you if you're missing any libraries or other files. Good luck.
    For those who didn't catch my G+ update, I have been able to manually configure wpa_supplicant and it successfully scans for networks. The problem now is that the rest of Android seems to be having trouble communicating with wpa_supplicant. I'm hoping I can get this fixed tomorrow, for now I'm off to sleep.
    Small but important progress: I triggered a SIGABRT in libhardware_legacy when the os tries to send those annoying "wlan0" messages, and in the memory dump I can _see_ the real command that should have been sent, meaning it looks like the data structures have been modified with Jellybean. If I can find a way to access the command and send it off properly we should be in business :)

edit: Yep, In libhardware_legacy, theres a new parameter added to wifi_command for the interface to send to. Nearly there... :D
    jeezz i was using this exactly theme and style on galaxy s2
    am sick of it .. i dont like it anymotre..
    it was first spotted on resurrection remix 1.0 i think and that is months and months ago !!!
    i wanna hear improvements not stupid gui which covers all bad in behind the scenes !!!

Who are you to demand things ?!
    this is a dev forum and thread, if you dont have anything constructive to say, just shut up and wait!
    i ported galaxy nexus dump

jb_onex.png

only bt, hw accel, sensors works for now.
    need nexus7 system dump for fix others crap