The LEGO ROM+Kernel Official [May 11th]

Search This thread

vriship

Apr 7, 2010
Hi @blaskewitts I am on your latest build dated 11th may. Have noticed a few issues. Gallery won't show up other pictures on my SD card apart from the ones taken after installing Lego ROM. Google now launcher from play store installs correctly but even after updating google search app, while launching google now launcher, I get google search needs to be updated popup and redirects me to play store. Ringtones stored on the SD card won't show up in settings under sound menu, only the stock ringtones show up. I haven't ever provided any logs, so kindly let me know where would I find the log on my phone and I will send it to you asap.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

RohanM

Oct 19, 2012
I am using sprint G2 GSM unlocked, so after flashing this rom will my G2 be still unlocked ?

vriship

Apr 7, 2010
I am using sprint G2 GSM unlocked, so after flashing this rom will my G2 be still unlocked ?

Yes. It will. You will have to flash ZVA radio from twrp as zvc radio didn't work for me on this ROM.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Hi @blaskewitts I am on your latest build dated 11th may. Have noticed a few issues. Gallery won't show up other pictures on my SD card apart from the ones taken after installing Lego ROM. Google now launcher from play store installs correctly but even after updating google search app, while launching google now launcher, I get google search needs to be updated popup and redirects me to play store. Ringtones stored on the SD card won't show up in settings under sound menu, only the stock ringtones show up. I haven't ever provided any logs, so kindly let me know where would I find the log on my phone and I will send it to you asap.

Just FYI, flashing dr87 v7 AOSP kernel on top of Lego ROM 11th may build solved the storage issue.

Reactions: RohanM

vriship

Apr 7, 2010
y5ume7u5.jpg

I'm using GSM in india. Wherever I go on 2G or 3G, I can see only one network bar. Can you let me know how can I fix that? Whether a buildprop entry will fix it or not. @blaskewitts

MyRCode

Jul 15, 2010

I didn't know how to log either...this thread helped.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238

MyRCode

Jul 15, 2010
So the persistent voicemail notification that I thought I got rid of came back. I've tried clearing the app data / cache / force stopping, clearing and re-setting up my Sprint voicemail, adding / removing Google Voice as my VM, installing / removing Sprint Visual Voicemail .apk from different phones and every combination of those.

I started a log of me clearing the data for the voicemail notification and I kept the log running until it came back (about 5 or 6 hours later). The log is quite large (~700 mb), but I've uploaded it to DropBox.

I really like this ROM...it's fast, has great battery life, and I have great data reception with it. It'd be perfect if I could get rid of this stupid notification.

Here's the log link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/37904jze2albxn8/2014-05-13-14-01-23.txt

Let me know if that helps at all.

myxmastrmike

Jun 9, 2010
How do GPS and Wallet tap-and-pay work with this ROM?
Haven't been keeping tabs for a couple months and last I read no non-stock based ROMs had working tap-and-pay and GPS, while we figured out a work around of getting a gps lock on stock, copying your GPS.config, then copying that over once you flash your ROM, and gps worked...

Do you still need to go thru all the steps to get/keep working gps on ls980? Does Tap-and-pay work?
Thanks!

MyRCode

Jul 15, 2010
My gps works fine... Haven't tried tap and pay yet

MyRCode

Jul 15, 2010
So I'm having an issue with TTS and a program that's trying to generate TTS files. The program can't generate the TTS files. All the files that are being created are 0s .wav files. I've tried it with Google TTS and Pico TTS and 3rd TTS program I found in the Play store all with the same results.

I'm also having an issue with Titanium Backup crashing. It will crash almost every time before completing a full backup of my programs.

I've created logs for both issues and uploaded them here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmrq4apc3ttrg8r/GoogleTTS.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4yrof7cottg8lu/TitaniumBackup.txt

blaskewitts

Mar 30, 2011
Titanium backup hardly ever runs smoothly after restoring its been a major bug on custom ROMs has to do with the built in super user , as far as tts I'll take look

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

MyRCode

Jul 15, 2010
Titanium backup hardly ever runs smoothly after restoring its been a major bug on custom ROMs has to do with the built in super user , as far as tts I'll take look

Do you have any suggestions for backing up app data? I like to transfer certain apps data from ROM to ROM.

Thanks for looking into the TTS.

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
The smoothness is unreal! Really nicely compiled ROM. Also loving that it's ZVC modem compatible.

A bug though, I was unable to make any phone calls. I tested over LTE, EvDo, and over 1x only. The dialer would just say end after ~10 seconds of black screen.

Here's a log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4dxaiuai0ey4m3/LegoLog.txt

Thanks for wonderful ROM and support for LS980!

Sent from my LG-LS980

Reactions: BobtheTechGuy

blaskewitts

Mar 30, 2011
You will need to use a zva radio until I find the fix as I seem to be the only one who can use the kkbb

Last edited:
Reactions: BobtheTechGuy

BobtheTechGuy

Jan 15, 2014
calls and sound weren't working, I flashed the ZVA radio zip and now they work

sms works, mms works,

Battery life is about the same is LS

I like the multi window task picker you have on this one, and PIE control.

Sometimes games crash, im assuming its with the DPI settings this rom uses 370. I would switch it back to see if that was the case, but I enjoy the extra screen real estate. Makes my 5.2 inch screen feel much larger.

I Love the speediness of this rom and look forward to future updates and fixes.

blaskewitts

Mar 30, 2011
The ROM has a dpi changer so the user can change it to a personal preference

blaskewitts

Mar 30, 2011
Right now If you want to get a fix until I update flash the stock ROM get a GPS lock then reflash Lego and get a GPS lock

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Man can you make an update based on slimKat v5.2. I love Lego. It has do many settings that I can tinker with that it makes my head spin. Brilliant job man

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

Sorry for the typos

MyRCode

Jul 15, 2010
Flashed a few other ROMs to give them a try and this one is still my favorite even with the VM notification and no GPS lock.

Sent you some beer money via PayPal. Looking forward to the next update.

blaskewitts

Mar 30, 2011
Thanks for the beer haha, I'm working on a GPS fix as we speak and taking a deeper look into the voicemail thing, I don't use any voicemail apps and I have never seen it pop up personally

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Lego Rom

lego_banner11.jpg

Lego ROM is not responsible for any damaged or bricked devices.

Introduction

The Lego Rom was initially based on CyanogenMod, but now it's based on SlimRoms. The team members are me, cameron581, timpohladthomas, deadman96385,sajoeee aka hamster and Kiltnar. Our source can be found here. We are just starting so we may not support a lot of devices. If you would like to be a maintainer, just pm me or any team member.
    Lego Google+
    My Google+

List of features

We haven't made a full changelog for the initial release yet, but here's some of the things we've got:

-Everything Slim has plus:
    -ROM is built with sabermod 4.10 (thanks @cl3kener!)
    -Lockscreen Notifications
    -Time-contextual headers
    -Halo and halo color
    -Peek!
    -Driving Mode
    -Simple DPI Changer (on-the-fly one causes UI glitches and breaks xposed per app settings)
    -Bring back activity arrows for connection icons on statusbar
    -Wakelock blocker
    -Battery saver mode
    -Disable FC messages
    -Kernel Tweaker (may not fully work, it's hardly universal, sorry)
    -IME Animations
    -Custom scrolling values
    -AOKP system animations
    -Apollo from dirty-unicorns
    -Omni's DSP
    -CM's file manager
    -Complete kitkat white theme
    -OmniSwitch
    -Smart phone call
    -Developer options, full root, and advanced reboot enabled by default
    -More options when long-pressing a notification (floating mode, force stop, clear app data, hide icon)
    -Support for pause/resume/stop download notifications
    -Show download speeds in notification
    -LegoStats, and LegoOTA
    -There is a lot more than this, i will be making the full list soon, but for now you just have to test and see!

Device-specific features:
    -All repos are updated whenever cm updates then, not slim (they are a bit slow on it)
    -Optimized kernel with:
    Built using sabermod toolchain 4.8.3 + graphite (thanks @cl3kener again!)
    Intelliactive + fiops default
    Intelliplug
    Powersuspend
    ExFat
    S2w/Dt2w
    Color control driver
    Sound Control from faux
    Usb fast charge
    Intellidemand, sio added
    Some more things, make sure to check out the source

BUGS
    Before you post a bug report:
    Please ensure you have done a full wipe of data and formated system under Mounts and Storage.
    If you have flashed parts for other versions you may need to do a full flash of the factory software for your model and start clean.

You tell me

Install Instructions
    1. Wipe data/factory reset
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash Gapps
    4. Wipe cache/dalvik cache
    5. Reboot

changelog
    May 11th
    - Fix random reboot
    - Fix baseband errors.
    - Fix random settings crashes

May 6th- Initial release

Do you like my work and want to donate to me? Buy me a Beer!
    Just doing what I can. Sprint doesn't normally get much love

mine. :laugh:
    Integrating 4.4.3 as we speak