[HOWTO] Phone not responding at all - last chance to repair

Search This thread

mihir287

Apr 4, 2011
help all
just now when i try to flash CM7
after reboot,my phone stuck at LG logo more than 10minute
so i force to take out battery and turn on again
then i was found that my found just got LG logo,then whole phone screen got 1 blue/green dot at top left corner
already try hold home button + volume up + power switch and hold home button + volume down + power switch to turn on
still the same
so just now i try straight connect my phone with usb cable to my computer and straight upgrade to v10c so i can restore my things using titanium backup and restore back then upgrade back to v10f
then my computer blue screen,almost can't turn on already,luckily now no problem
so,should i continue using kdz updater upgrade to v10c 1st or straight send my phone to LG for repairing ?
*already try the instruction by TS 1st post,say upgrade error
using windows 7 32bit
urgent help here T_T

While flashing CM7, did you follow these instructions?

If you get bootloop or stuck at LG logo do next:
Sometimes Recovery can't format /system so you need to clear /system manually. You can do it with this zip (flash as always in recovery), or in mounts menu (clockworkmod recovery only), or with adb:
1. Mount /system in recovery.
2. adb shell rm -rf /system/*
You get 1 error. This is ok.
[/LIST]

Sent from my LG Optimus One P500 using XDA App

IamIrene

Mar 15, 2011
While flashing CM7, did you follow these instructions?

Sent from my LG Optimus One P500 using XDA App

don't discuss that already,my phone was send to service centre and claim it back already
but now i got another problem,when i press launch software update
its say phone was not connected
i already disable the LGE virtual modem already,and try a lot usb port
also same
what should i do ??

D

doktornotor

but now i got another problem,when i press launch software update
its say phone was not connected
i already disable the LGE virtual modem already,and try a lot usb port
also same
what should i do ??

Which software update? You mean the LG junk?

Go clean your USB drivers mess. I have posted a detailed howto, go look it up.

me2kimi

Apr 5, 2010
It sound crazy to shake the phone while at emergency mode. I's crazy but it magic. Yerterday my phone stuck at emergency mode.
Immediately goes to emegency mode after turn on phone or connect usb.
Even kdz could not found my phone.
So what I do is connect to usb, Launch software update at kdz while shaking the phone. Then after that kdz is working like normal.

Now my phone can be use as normal.

The_ERROR

Nov 13, 2010
Ostrava (mostly)
It sound crazy to shake the phone while at emergency mode. I's crazy but it magic. Yerterday my phone stuck at emergency mode.
Immediately goes to emegency mode after turn on phone or connect usb.
Even kdz could not found my phone.
So what I do is connect to usb, Launch software update at kdz while shaking the phone. Then after that kdz is working like normal.

Now my phone can be use as normal.

Well I'm really "Rolling on the floor laughing" when I see again and again that shaking helps. I'm going to be convince that LG implemented some mechanism which enable connect only with shaking. :D

lekhwani

If recovery is not working and you don't see fastboot mode either, only solution is via kdz flashing in emergency mode. Try different methods of going into emergency mode. There are two or three methods of going into emergency mode. Also ensure your battery of ok. Also try shaking.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

lekhwani

Yesterday i flashed with CM7 again. Then via KDZ tried to shift back to 2.2.2 froyo.
It bricked in the mid way.
KDZ is really risky

I feel sorry for you but I hope they give you a replacement and ofc you are supposed to act like noob in front of them. Just tell them you tried to upgrade firmware via lg tool.

I am currently on ginger lol and my baseband is changed now via LGMDP TOOL. Now baseband can be changed via only LGMDP OR KDZ. These things are not fully safe, one must realize. In about 5% of attempts there might be problems. I am also getting apprehensive of using these tools. Nevertheless, even updating via official tools is not less risky as I have read.

But gaming quality on ginger lol is worse than even stock 2.2. Just waiting for the things to develop. May be new gb will force a lot to flash via kdz or the baseband via a LGMDP. Lets see from here how out goes.

Lastly I wish you get a replacement as lot of people have got it. Keep us updated.

DJBhardwaj

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
GT-i9020
Google Nexus 4
I feel sorry for you but I hope they give you a replacement and ofc you are supposed to act like noob in front of them. Just tell them you tried to upgrade firmware via lg tool.

I am currently on ginger lol and my baseband is changed now via LGMDP TOOL. Now baseband can be changed via only LGMDP OR KDZ. These things are not fully safe, one must realize. In about 5% of attempts there might be problems. I am also getting apprehensive of using these tools. Nevertheless, even updating via official tools is not less risky as I have read.

But gaming quality on ginger lol is worse than even stock 2.2. Just waiting for the things to develop. May be new gb will force a lot to flash via kdz or the baseband via a LGMDP. Lets see from here how out goes.

Lastly I wish you get a replacement as lot of people have got it. Keep us updated.

Well thanks alot for the concern. My phone is now with CSC (customer service center)
They asked me to pick up my phone back on the upcoming thursday :)

But you can try once with KDZ, get back to 2.2 ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, because with last update increased count of people with bricket phone, I just tryed search for way how to repair this phone. It seems, that last possible way how to save your phone is emergency mode.

I would like to notify you, that I didn't tested it (I'm had not luck enough to brick my phone yet :)). I just searched and tried write this for help to others.

So, let's go on.

1) If it's not possible connect to phone via ADB (in Adroid SDK/tools run "adb shell") at all you will try next steps. If it will work, you can use another, verified tools like custom recovery or KDZ_FW_UPD (search on forum for more) [HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P500, )

2) If you fail in previous step, you can try enter into emergency mode manually and try to flash ROM with KDZ_FW_UPD:
    1. Download KDZ updater and uncompress it
      http://www.4shared.com/file/UleS4dP3/KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.html
    2. Install msxml.msi from the uncompressed directory
    3. Charge your battery to almost full state (I'm not sure, but it can be reason if phone doesn't start)
    4. Turn phone off somehow (remove battery etc.)
    5. Install drivers properly
      • Get rid of all usb drivers like Nokia, microsoft visual ++ run time environments
      • Install the LG drivers by selecting the update manager from the lg site
      • Disable LGE Virtual Modem. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.
    6. Press and keep pressed "Volume up"+"Return" and connect USB cable to phone
    7. Yellow screen with text emergency mode should appeared
    8. Shake the handset (I know, it sounds ... strange, but it helps for ones, so... why don't try it?) UPDATE: Read some quotes on bottom.
    9. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe (Has administrator).
      Select Type : 3GQCT (I have one report that CDMA mod works too)
      Select PhoneMode : DIAG (in case of fail try EMERGENCY, and as last chance use CS_EMERGENCY)
    10. I Recommend do not switch phone off. There was some people, which done it and after they were not be able to turn it on again. If flashing failed, just select some another mode and try it again, again, try shake/connect disconnect, again, again....
    11. In KDZ file : Choose the ROM file you downloaded in the first step
    12. Press Launch software update
    13. Shake the handset (I know, it sounds ... strange, but it helps for ones, so... why don't try it?) UPDATE: Read some quotes on bottom.
    14. Make sure that all update was done successfully. Phone should restart itself automatically
    15. Disconnect the USB cable from the phone
    16. Press the three button combo for HW reset of device i.e volume up + home + power button
    List to do based on Zecanilis's [HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P500

3) Still no success? Wait for more "What I can do" or just go to LG and let repair on them.

Source:
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f282/vygis-shell-v1-1-0-josedavido-1166478/ (included file named "Flash help.txt" in application)
    http://android.modaco.com/content/l...modaco-com/321895/faq-gt540-reference-thread/

Please let me know if it works. I just searched for way and I haven't possibility to test this steps for now. I will do update if it will be necessary, same as I will try describe more about software which I founded.

Some experiences from thread(s):

AVanover5: ...It works if you set the mode to CDMA and DIAG. Just to let people know. Not sure if it'd work without the recovery screen or not. I never tried it ironically, haha. Thank you guys.

geejay2: ...Bricking seems to be easily achieved by forgetting to disable the LG Modem driver. Apparently the modem driver interferes during flashing. Also I noted that kdz is not stable under Win2k, I switched to WinXP to flash successfully. I saw several aborted flashing attempts in WinXP with modem driver enabled.

domenic_s:KDZ_FW_UPD doesn't work (Application cannot start) -.- Using Windows 7 64bit version. //edit: allright tried another pc (win xp 32bit) and yeah - it worked... I'm so happy.
    About shaking (sorry, but I still can't believe... :) )
    salte_eskil:wow! shaking the phone really worked! seems kind of stupid but thanks to you all at the xda forum for tips and tricks :D:D
    4wd vege: Now unbricked. Strangely kdz updater only saw my phone after shaking!!!
    me2kimi:
    It sound crazy to shake the phone while at emergency mode. I's crazy but it magic. ...So what I do is connect to usb, Launch software update at kdz while shaking the phone. Then after that kdz is working like normal.
    Good work @The_ERROR.

It should work. I think you should also add that the phone mode should be set to Emergency (and not DIAG as mentioned) in the kdz updater.
    I don't think that it's bricked (at least not hard bricked). Emergency mode is the mode that I used, twice, to save my phone. I think that with the correct firmware, it could be fixed. Don't give up. Find it, and be sure it is the correct firmware for your phone. Then try to flash again. Again, good luck.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
    i would like to follow the instruction, but i cant found LGE Virtual Modem as mentioned...

Virtual Modem is never installed. But a USB Modem is. It , the USB Modem, needs to be disabled.
    Hehe my phone is damn oki without kdz :)) wow.. found something new

Sent from my LG Optimus One P500 using XDA Premium App

You should jump from the cliff and with your phone too if u don't know what are u doing, it's smple...DON'T DO THAT!