[FACTORY STOCK] GS4 Stock Firmware Odin Package- Original Factory ROM

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
This will only work for Windows!

Downloads
Get the Odin Flashing Tool: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1168421&d=1341114315
Get this Firmware Package (very large): http://www.hotfile.com/dl/210140535/c7c4d28/I337UCUAMDB_I337ATTAMDB_ATT.zip.html
mirror: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/AT&T+S4/Stock+Odin/
mirror: http://www.135.a.hostable.me/public/I337UCUAMDB_I337ATTAMDB_ATT.zip

Instructions
  1. extract I337UCUAMDB_I337ATTAMDB_ATT.zip in your downloads folder
  2. Open Odin
  3. Click PDA
  4. Navigate to where you extracted the firmware and select it
  5. Hold Volume Down + Home + Power until your device enters Download(Odin) Mode, then press volume up.
  6. Connect the device to the computer and hit Start in Odin.
  7. Stand back from the device and the computer until its complete.

Flashing Tips
Always use a GOOD USB cable, preferably stock.
Always use a good USB port in the back of the computer.
Always set the device in a good position where it will not become disconnected or disturbed.
Above all, Always use Heimdall over Odin when it becomes available. It's not available yet.

How to make a firmware like this
I was actually uploading a copy from my own computer obtained via exploit from bfielding's device, and I decided to try kies. The official package is a much better idea. Samsung Kies requires that you put in your model and serial, then it downloads the firmware in an encrypted package, extracts it, flashes it and deletes it. There's a short window where you can get in and grab the firmware.

Kies downloads to a temporary file called (in my case) C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp####.tmp (where # is an integer less than 10). When the firmware is extracted, it goes into a new folder called C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp####\. Yank that and put it on hotfile :).

Last edited:

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010
Just checked. The download for this is available on sammobile.com/firmware. It wasn't there a couple of hours ago, well sometime this afternoon.

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Just checked. The download for this is available on sammobile.com/firmware. It wasn't there a couple of hours ago, well sometime this afternoon.

There was alot going on and I had multiple windows up. I created one in Linux from bfielding's device, was uploading it to hotfile, uploading one from Kies, and was sent this link too somewhere in the mix. I guess I lost my upload link. Oh well, looks like we're using the Sammobile version.

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
@AdamOutler, based on your video on the other thread, the motherboard of the ATT and the TMo version of the S4 are the same, does it mean that if flash the TMo version of the ROM on the ATT it may unlock the bootloader or are those two distinctive matters ?

NO! the signatures are different. You'll brick your device, but I'm not sure to what extent.

Zer0_

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto
I was just talking to my friend who works at Koodo (Canada). They receive their S4s tomorrow, and I had make sure he places a hold on one of them for me!
Using the steps you provided in your OP, I'll upload Koodo's ROM tomorrow! :)

dc2rjun

Mar 3, 2011
Antarctica
THANK YOU!!

This will only work for Windows!

Downloads
Get the Odin Flashing Tool: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1168421&d=1341114315
Get this Firmware Package (very large): http://www.hotfile.com/dl/210140535/c7c4d28/I337UCUAMDB_I337ATTAMDB_ATT.zip.html

Instructions
  1. extract I337UCUAMDB_I337ATTAMDB_ATT.zip in your downloads folder
  2. Open Odin
  3. Click PDA
  4. Navigate to where you extracted the firmware and select it
  5. Hold Volume Down + Home + Power until your device enters Download(Odin) Mode, then press volume up.
  6. Connect the device to the computer and hit Start in Odin.
  7. Stand back from the device and the computer until its complete.

Flashing Tips
Always use a GOOD USB cable, preferably stock.
Always use a good USB port in the back of the computer.
Always set the device in a good position where it will not become disconnected or disturbed.
Above all, Always use Heimdall over Odin when it becomes available. It's not available yet.

How to make a firmware like this
I was actually uploading a copy from my own computer obtained via exploit from bfielding's device, and I decided to try kies. The official package is a much better idea. Samsung Kies requires that you put in your model and serial, then it downloads the firmware in an encrypted package, extracts it, flashes it and deletes it. There's a short window where you can get in and grab the firmware.

Kies downloads to a temporary file called (in my case) C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp####.tmp (where # is an integer less than 10). When the firmware is extracted, it goes into a new folder called C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp####\. Yank that and put it on hotfile :).

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
If it flashed, which it wont, then you would now uave bootloaders with the wrong signature and would need to jtag it

Reactions: kevnuke

CarpeNoctem

Mar 10, 2007
Copenhagen
www.osimood.com
If it flashed, which it wont, then you would now uave bootloaders with the wrong signature and would need to jtag it
ok, so basically the signature is check before the flash of the rom. so if my understanding is correct the solutions would be to

1. disable the check of the signature
  2. have the TMo rom with the ATT signature to flash the unlocked bootloader
  3. change the bootloader with a non-signed version
Please correct me if I am wrong, I am new at this and I am trying to understand what Adam explains in the other thread but I am sometime very confused (and not knowledgeable enough)

Top Liked Posts