New X user root question

Search This thread

ddiehl

Feb 27, 2011
Ordered an X during the sale yesterday to replace my S3. Was wondering if there is a way to root that retains all OTA functionality. I've heard that it's pretty solid stock so I probably won't be flashing any roms. Just want to keep using TiBU and other apps that require root..

Thanks..

BladeRunner

Jan 15, 2012
Ordered an X during the sale yesterday to replace my S3. Was wondering if there is a way to root that retains all OTA functionality. I've heard that it's pretty solid stock so I probably won't be flashing any roms. Just want to keep using TiBU and other apps that require root..

Thanks..

Not too sure what you mean by "retains all OTA functionality" If you mean does it change any of the features on the phone? Then yes, rooting retains ALL functionality, it doesn't change the way the phone works at all. You just have the ability and access to change the things you want.
If you mean will you still have the ability to take an OTA then no, rooting prevents you from taking the OTA without additional steps.

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
Not too sure what you mean by "retains all OTA functionality" If you mean does it change any of the features on the phone? Then yes, rooting retains ALL functionality, it doesn't change the way the phone works at all. You just have the ability and access to change the things you want.
If you mean will you still have the ability to take an OTA then no, rooting prevents you from taking the OTA without additional steps.

You are 100% on point the phones stays stock but in order for you to take OTA's you will have to return to 100% stock with no root. then take the OTA or in 4.4 case follow the root guide so you can root the 4.4 OTA.