Broke My Note 2 LCD :(((((

Search This thread

sothus

Oct 27, 2011
I had a buddy did this to his phone, cost him $250 plus S&H for a new LCD. And he put it in himself.

Androphile

Apr 30, 2013
Collegeville
OK so this is just awful, so i broke the LCD of the same note 2 talked about in the OP while trying to again replace the glass. I took it a part this time and actually did seperate properly but broke the digitizer in my haste. also i overheated it thus turning the screen yellowish. SO the second part to the lesson is to take your time and dont overheat. Screw this note 2 sent from hell

cobb_cruiser

Jul 23, 2012
OK so this is just awful, so i broke the LCD of the same note 2 talked about in the OP while trying to again replace the glass. I took it a part this time and actually did seperate properly but broke the digitizer in my haste. also i overheated it thus turning the screen yellowish. SO the second part to the lesson is to take your time and dont overheat. Screw this note 2 sent from hell

Sorry for your loss and all the pain. I've had my Note 2 for a couple of months and I have to say, it's my 2nd favorite phone of all time. I've rooted and REALLY like it. Good luck on your replacement. By the way, I've seen mention of purchasing from ebay and other sites. I highly recommend Swappa to purchase from. This is where I got my brand new Note 2 for just over $200.

Darkangels6sic6

Feb 3, 2011
Sorry to be the kill joy. ...but it's Amoled screen not LCD. I basically everyone here gets that already.
My note has a cracked glass. I is usable and I overlook it. Paid $55 plus $6 for a battery so I think it was worth it even with bad esn.
I have the glass. Just ever since I tried helping my friend with their s3 a while back replacing the glass I'm kind of worried. I was more confident before. They asked me to do it but kept butting in then something went wrong and the screen was dead.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

ErichArndt

Sep 1, 2013
So far I've been mostly lucky. I haven't broken my screen, but I did at some point develop a crack right off the headphone jack that wraps around to the back. The battery lid doesn't snap properly at that corner, but other that all is good. Fingers crossed.

When I had my iPhone4 I had it on my lap while I was driving to work and forgot it was there. Jumped out of the car and started walking before I realized it had hit the ground (face-down) and I stepped on it smashing the screen. Luckily Apple has a policy where they give you a new (refurbished) device one time, so that's what I did.

djaugustin

Jan 24, 2017
Buy a rugged phone

I had your same problem: i bought the device and two days after it broken... Now I have decided to buy a rugged phone, i bought an AGM x1 and i am very happy. No screen protector, no insurence and the performance are very good. It was my best choice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your better off buying a new one off ebay or Craigslist sorry for your lost.

iTzAmazed On Note 2
    I have a guy locally that fixes phones......he does hardware repair I do his software stuff flashing and rooting.....I'm not very good with miniature electronic components so he does my work for me.....im gonna try a glass replacement hopefully the digitizer doesn't break....if it does im gonna get a screen off ebay

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    y2ypa2a9.jpg

Well my buddy was able to fix my phone.... All in all I spent 77 dollars fixing my screen..... He charged me 60 dollars and I got the glass off of eBay for 17 and change......

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta