[q] [help] imei null - how to fix

Search This thread

renanreno

Apr 18, 2014
When i put on the chip, the IMEI set to NULL
I've already tried many ways to fix this, but no success...
Please, someone help me!
I don't want to lost my optimus G!
thanks

Sorin90

Apr 7, 2012
You should restore your imei with your EFS backup...have you unlock with freegee or you are completely stock and have never touched nothing?

Sent from my LG-F180K using XDA Free mobile app

renanreno

Apr 18, 2014
You should restore your imei with your EFS backup...have you unlock with freegee or you are completely stock and have never touched nothing?

Sent from my LG-F180K using XDA Free mobile app

first of all thanks by your attention!
I do not have a backup...
i don't know what to do...

i've unlocked with freegee many times...
but this time i got this problem!

cronociclope

Sep 30, 2012
Trujillo

Retrieve IMEI in your LG Optimus G in case of not make previous backup
The method I describe below was developed for LG G2 but has been tested successfully in the Optimus G so it's perfectly useful:

Requirements:
- The mobile must have the Stock ROM (4.1.2 or 4.4.2).
- Download Tool QSTP:
https://mega.co.nz/#!2phwmYhY!DXozTvsU4pDD5PKJcYWnuC5nKQEA0skuFeN-90dFjQU
- Download Tool IMEI Converter:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84115590/IMEI-Converter.zip

Steps:
1 Unzip the tool IMEI Converter to a folder:
2 Unzip tool QPST 2.7_build_4.11 in a folder and run the installation file (Setup) to install on your computer:
3 Now on the phone to enable USB Debugging. If you do not know how you can find this option in the Settings> Developmet Options>USB debugging and activate.
5 Connect the device to your computer.
6 Run the QSPT, to set it up you are clicking on the PORTS tab, then click on the ADD NEW PORT option.
7 The current port as should COM4 or 5. Note: If you do not recognize these ports any port try to recognize the phone or another PC in the latter case.
8 Select the port and click OK. The port should show the active phone.
9 Select the phone (APQ8064) and click the Download Software option from the Start Clients menu.
10 Now give click the Backup tab. It should show the phone port.
11 Click the Start tab to start doing the backup.
12 Now find the folder named BIN located in the path:
C:/program files/Qualcomm/QSPT/, open the BIN folder and execute the file RF_NV_Manager
13 Click in File> Read from phone. The IMEI number of the phone should appear in item number 550: NV_UV_IMEI_1
If you appear get an error
14 They select OK and then click on File> Read RF NVitems supported.
15. Click on item 550. Should be displayed 9 boxes in white (empty).
16 Now run the file IMEIConverter.exe
17 Then write your IMEI (15 digits) in the Enter IMEI field. If you do not know what they find in the phone box, in some models even Optimus G is glued on the back thereof, or in the phone bill.
*** - Then click on the button <CONVERT IMEI>.
** - 18 Should appear two groups of 9 digits
18. In the program RF_NV_Manager activated the Hex box
19 Now 9 boxes appear, type the numbers generated IMEI Convert starting from the left, should be written in each box two digits consecutively until the 9 squares remain full.
20 Once the 9 squares are filled correctly you have to go to Setting option> comport> and select the port to which you are connected again and give OK
21 Select the Write NV tab.
22 Then click File> Readfrom phone.
The item number 550 should now appear.
24 Disconnect the USB cable and restart the phone.
25 Open the dialer (phone dialer) dial *#06# You should display the IMEI of your phone and the phone should be connected to the carrier signal without problems.

Important Note:
- If you give Error in step 13 run again and Method in step 13 before you dial them run error step 20.

Good luck and any thing sending me a message and i help. :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: qtdayat

GilbertoG

Oct 2, 2014
Marília
The method I describe below was developed for LG G2 but has been tested successfully in the Optimus G so it's perfectly useful:

Requirements:
- Download Tool QSTP from this Post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1942417
- Download Tool IMEI Converter from this Post (item 2):
*http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701861

Steps:
2 Unzip tool QPST 2.7_378 in a folder and run the installation file (Setup) to install on your computer:
3 Now on the phone to enable USB Debugging. If you do not know how you can find this option in the Settings> Developmet Options>USB debugging and activate.
6 Run the QSPT, to set it up you are clicking on the PORTS tab, then click on the ADD NEW PORT option.
7 The current port as should COM4 or 5. Note: If you do not recognize these ports any port try to recognize the phone or another PC in the latter case.
9 Select the phone (APQ8064) and click the Download Software option from the Start Clients menu.
C:/program files/Qualcomm/QSPT/, open the BIN folder and execute the file RF_NV_Manager
13 Click in File> Read from phone. The IMEI number of the phone should appear in item number 550: NV_UV_IMEI_1
17 Then write your IMEI (15 digits) in the Enter IMEI field. If you do not know what they find in the phone box, in some models even Optimus G is glued on the back thereof, or in the phone bill.
19 Now 9 boxes appear, type the numbers generated IMEI Convert starting from the left, should be written in each box two digits consecutively until the 9 squares remain full.
20 Once the 9 squares are filled correctly you have to go to Setting option> comport> and select the port to which you are connected again and give OK
25 Open the dialer (phone dialer) dial * # 06 # You should display the IMEI of your phone and the phone should be connected to the carrier signal without problems.

Important Note:
- If you give Error in step 13 run again and Method in step 13 before you dial them run error step 20.

I did everything but it is not with original imei of my carrier, is with another imei. Because?

Reactions: gm sheikh

gm sheikh

Jul 12, 2014
Mirpur Mthe

Requirements:

Steps:
2 Unzip tool QPST 2.7_378 in a folder and run the installation file (Setup) to install on your computer:
25 Open the dialer (phone dialer) dial * # 06 # You should display the IMEI of your phone and the phone should be connected to the carrier signal without problems.

Important Note:

Dear Sir, I am using this process for restoring efs/Imei of my LG optimus G f180l. the port shows in my system COM5 and when i swich my phone in LG software mode . but in step 13 it gives the error(could not communicate in diagnostic mode) during backing up. please guide me what I have to do and what mistake m I doing. PLease

syverman

Jan 22, 2011
santiago
Dear Sir, I am using this process for restoring efs/Imei of my LG optimus G f180l. the port shows in my system COM5 and when i swich my phone in LG software mode . but in step 13 it gives the error(could not communicate in diagnostic mode) during backing up. please guide me what I have to do and what mistake m I doing. PLease

put it in charge only, that help for me when i use it a long time ago

Reactions: cronociclope

cronociclope

Sep 30, 2012
Trujillo
Hi, if you get the error in step 13 test select Setting option> comport> and select the port to which you are connected again and give OK. Good luck

BartxGamer

Nov 15, 2012
Eden
Hey guys, I will reactivate this topic a little. I ve got LG F180K and I converted it to E975 without doing EFS backup (still had imei number but no signal). I flashed modem for K and it still didnt work, flashed L modem and it...worked. No LTE and no 2G, only 3G, still imei.

What to do then if I want come back to F180K ROM? (NO EFS BACKUP)

akahroba

Feb 13, 2014
If you unlocked using freegee the imei backup folder is their in your internal storage root folder. freegee backups even if you don't choose to.

kashifarif

Jul 10, 2016
Hey guys, I will reactivate this topic a little. I ve got LG F180K and I converted it to E975 without doing EFS backup (still had imei number but no signal). I flashed modem for K and it still didnt work, flashed L modem and it...worked. No LTE and no 2G, only 3G, still imei.

What to do then if I want come back to F180K ROM? (NO EFS BACKUP)

Do this step for no signal if your IMEI is correct(not null).Root is necessary for this step
Install "SQLite editer" from Google play to open "settings.db" in location "Data\data\com.android.providers.settings\database s" select "global" -> find "subscription_mode" change value "1" to "0" then save and exit.

BartxGamer

Nov 15, 2012
Eden
Do this step for no signal if your IMEI is correct(not null).Root is necessary for this step
Install "SQLite editer" from Google play to open "settings.db" in location "Data\data\com.android.providers.settings\database s" select "global" -> find "subscription_mode" change value "1" to "0" then save and exit.
Are you sure about that?

kashifarif

Jul 10, 2016
When i put on the chip, the IMEI set to NULL
I've already tried many ways to fix this, but no success...
Please, someone help me!
I don't want to lost my optimus G!
thanks

i have same problem due to convert f180k to e975. i have solved it by factory rest after flash and after factory reset (setting->backup and reset-> reset phone) restore IMEI and then again factory reset.

Factory reset after flash is main solution.

Pastasan

Nov 10, 2018
Sorry for necroing an old thread, but my lg g6 t- mobile h872 , suddenly says IMEI null after the latest 20a-e update. I never rooted, or flashed any custom roms before

What should I do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements:
    - Download Tool QSTP:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!2phwmYhY!DXozTvsU4pDD5PKJcYWnuC5nKQEA0skuFeN-90dFjQU
    - Download Tool IMEI Converter:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84115590/IMEI-Converter.zip

Steps:
    2 Unzip tool QPST 2.7_build_4.11 in a folder and run the installation file (Setup) to install on your computer:
    25 Open the dialer (phone dialer) dial *#06# You should display the IMEI of your phone and the phone should be connected to the carrier signal without problems.

Important Note:

whit efs profesional is more easy

I do not know the method you mentioned, but in any case I have already given an effective alternative for him to solve your problem, since no one has helped so far. :p

Requirements:

Steps:

Important Note:

I did everything but it is not with original imei of my carrier, is with another imei. Because?

put it in charge only, that help for me when i use it a long time ago