[Q] Android phone stopped recognizing my SD card

Search This thread

mclpl

May 15, 2012
Here's the deal.
Today I woke up to my phone charging by the night... but it downcharged to 15% of batterry. I reboot it and find out that my SD card showed up info of being "empty". The minitool partition wizard on a PC shows me that info:
wRLzSmU.jpg

no no, the memory card is 8GB not 32MB.
How to recover the partitions? Also, the SD card has been partitioned for use with app2sd programs with this tut: http://xdaforums.com/wiki/SD_card_partitioning, because my phone (HTC Explorer "Pico") has a very small amount of internal memory. The rom was stock though.

Of course I could re-format it, but I don't want to, because the data stored there was very special to me. I want to recover it.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions ;)

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
I had that same problem a while back. I unmounted the SD Card and put it in another phone and it still said the same. So I soft reset my first phone, put the SD Card back in, and all was good.

Sent from an A.I. frequency

mclpl

May 15, 2012
I had that same problem a while back. I unmounted the SD Card and put it in another phone and it still said the same. So I soft reset my first phone, put the SD Card back in, and all was good.

But the card couldn't be recognized on a Linux, on a DMDE, SD Formatter, HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, and primary on a TestDisk and on a GParted, and one big nothing was achieved.... You say that if I just soft reset the android phone, everything will be back to normal? Did you had the exactly same problem? You know, I need to clarify things before I do something that could destroy entirely my data.

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
I didn't have the exact problem just something similar and a soft reset (which will do no harm) worked for me. If the SD card can't be read any other ways then I don't know anything else other than formating the SD card.

mclpl

May 15, 2012
I didn't have the exact problem just something similar and a soft reset (which will do no harm) worked for me. If the SD card can't be read any other ways then I don't know anything else other than formating the SD card.

Thanks anyway, I'll do that tommorrow :) BTW I can't even format the SD card...