[Q] Charging

Search This thread
I have noticed that when I charge my Galaxy S4 version 4.4.2 overnight, when I wake up the LCD screen is black and the only two buttons when pushed are the menu and back button. I have to take the battery out for a few seconds and restart before it will function correctly again. When I call ATT technical support the only thing they suggest is to master reset ALL THE TIME and of course that's getting annoying. I've been noticing this ever since the last update. Is there a fix anyone or any settings I should fix or change?

LotoTutu

Dec 30, 2013
I have noticed that when I charge my Galaxy S4 version 4.4.2 overnight, when I wake up the LCD screen is black and the only two buttons when pushed are the menu and back button. I have to take the battery out for a few seconds and restart before it will function correctly again. When I call ATT technical support the only thing they suggest is to master reset ALL THE TIME and of course that's getting annoying. I've been noticing this ever since the last update. Is there a fix anyone or any settings I should fix or change?

The original file may be lost when you update your phone.
It is hard to go back the old the version. You can ask the repair store near you to root it. Or you can wait for a more advanced version to update your phone again.

Another possible is that the LCD screen was broken during update the version.

Response to your response

The original file may be lost when you update your phone.
It is hard to go back the old the version. You can ask the repair store near you to root it. Or you can wait for a more advanced version to update your phone again.

Another possible is that the LCD screen was broken during update the version.

I wish I could root but I'm terrified to. I've download all the software and prepare myself for it, but then I chicken out for fear of bricking my phone for I just upgraded to the galaxy s4 6 months ago. Thank you for your response, I will consider everything else you suggested though.

11calcal

Mar 28, 2010
Liverpool
I wish I could root but I'm terrified to. I've download all the software and prepare myself for it, but then I chicken out for fear of bricking my phone for I just upgraded to the galaxy s4 6 months ago. Thank you for your response, I will consider everything else you suggested though.

I would suggest rooting & installing a custom rom as far as I can see you are left with a useless phone & you can't brick it if you follow the instructions set out in threads ? Seriously it's almost impossible to brick even if you make a mistake ?
Otherwise I would suggest contacting tech support & demand a replacement/solution to the problem as it only happened after your last update? :cowboy: