[Q] Lost root access after flashing googy max kernel

Search This thread
Oct 11, 2013
Hello guys,

I recently attempted to flash the googy max kernel on my GT-I9505 and was successful. After doing so, i rebooted my device just for the sake of it(i don't imagine that rebooting can lose you root access). After rebooting, i attempted to use stweaks and it said that it didn't have root access. I then went ahead and opened up SuperSU and to my horror, it said :

"there is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!
If you just upgraded to android 4.3, you need to manually re-root-consult the relevant forums for your device!"

I then googled the problem and many users advised to flash the latest SuperSU zip using cwm recovery. I tried that twice but still didn't gain back root access. After that, i tried rooting my device again using CF-Autoroot using odin but still, i did not regain root access. Further, CF-Autoroot flashed the stock recovery and i lost cwm too...(makes it even worse) and i can't flash cwm because now i am not rooted! Root checker also says this device does not have proper root access. I would really appreciate help to regain root access! Thanks in advance.
I'm using a GT-I9505 running CM11 M9 snapshot build.

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
A recovery has nothing to do with root. So you don't need root to flash a recovery.

If you flash CF-root then you lose the google max kernel.

In the kernel thread they say that supersu 2.01 works. So try that version.

Oct 11, 2013
I tried the philz way and then installed SuperSU from the play store but still I keep getting the same message! I'm running out of options I guess! What to do?? Please help

Oct 11, 2013
hey guys....
after a while, i contacted my brother and he advised me to re flash cm
i did so and flashed the latest superu and i gained back root access! (phew) i appreciate all the help you guys provided me. Thanks a lot xda and you guys!

aram90

Aug 29, 2011
This happened to me to so I just flashed KT again..... Well I just wanted to try googy but nvm I'll stick to kt