[5.1.1] gogoDeluxe v3.33 featuring S6+/Note5&Marshmallow & 35 Modular App Themes!

Search This thread

rbird2

Jul 22, 2012
Last edited:

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Sorry ladies and gentlemen Flash The ROM Without The Upgrade To of1. Then flash oc1 moden/hlos/kernel and u should be golden. I've got a lollipop custom rom upgrade zip that's floating around on my safe up and downgrade to lollipop thread flash that and your golden. For those interested in helping me fix it we need proper of1 modules my guess is that the rom I picked them from didn't have proper modules. If someone can snag them from the /system/lib/modules folder and post them we can fix wifi for of1. Sorry about confusion and lack of attendance here I've been hard on v4. Which I'm testing hopefully final version now. It's a true Note5/s6+ port nearly a 1:1 port

Osama Chishty

Mar 8, 2015
Karachi
Sorry ladies and gentlemen Flash The ROM Without The Upgrade To of1. Then flash oc1 moden/hlos/kernel and u should be golden. I've got a lollipop custom rom upgrade zip that's floating around on my safe up and downgrade to lollipop thread flash that and your golden. For those interested in helping me fix it we need proper of1 modules my guess is that the rom I picked them from didn't have proper modules. If someone can snag them from the /system/lib/modules folder and post them we can fix wifi for of1. Sorry about confusion and lack of attendance here I've been hard on v4. Which I'm testing hopefully final version now. It's a true Note5/s6+ port nearly a 1:1 port

have to reinstall this again i will upload it as soon as possible ... thanks for your time ...

punkwhan

Dec 14, 2008

Is oc1 modem/hlos/kernel this?

Here is my WiFi fix for OC1 ROMs for Safestrappers / non MDKers (updates HLOS)
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952597069

Thanks.

punkwhan

Dec 14, 2008

Osama Chishty

Mar 8, 2015
Karachi
Hi,
I flashed the ROM and the wifi fix I mentioned above in SafeStrap 3.75.
Now I'm stuck on recovery.
It keeps booting to recovery.
I'm talking about the default recovery not SafeStrap.
What do I boot to SS?
Your help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
You need to flash NC5 tar file after that re-root your phone and try again ...!!

punkwhan

Dec 14, 2008
You need to flash NC5 tar file after that re-root your phone and try again ...!!

Thanks for your reply.
I've already odin back to NC5 and tried again, but the same problem.
Am I supposed to flash below right after ROM?

I odined back to NC5 twice and tried the ROM and above file.
No go for me.

Osama Chishty

Mar 8, 2015
Karachi
Thanks for your reply.
I've already odin back to NC5 and tried again, but the same problem.
Am I supposed to flash below right after ROM?

I odined back to NC5 twice and tried the ROM and above file.
No go for me.
Did you flash this zip after installing rom
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347760875 before rebooting flash this ...
But why u need this rom now ? U can see wifi is not working on this rom so its useless to give a try until someone find wifi fix...

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Did you flash this zip after installing rom
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347760875 before rebooting flash this ...
But why u need this rom now ? U can see wifi is not working on this rom so its useless to give a try until someone find wifi fix...

Actually if already on 5.0 for kernel and modem just flashing only the ROM and wifi works perfectly.

For those of you upgrading from 4.4.2 you can now flash the OC1 package I put up in the OP to upgrade all and have working wifi with gDux. I'm still looking for modules that will work for OF1. Anyone has some OF1 modules let's have them!

Osama Chishty

Mar 8, 2015
Karachi
Actually if already on 5.0 for kernel and modem just flashing only the ROM and wifi works perfectly.

For those of you upgrading from 4.4.2 you can now flash the OC1 package I put up in the OP to upgrade all and have working wifi with gDux. I'm still looking for modules that will work for OF1. Anyone has some OF1 modules let's have them!
u mean just flash the rom in SS and reboot.. don't need to flahs OC1 SS kernal before reboot ?

punkwhan

Dec 14, 2008
I instead flashed your echoes v49.
It seems like ss isn't working.
It takes to ss screen but it continues boot normal even if I press recovery at the lower left corner.
It doesn't vibrate either when it's pressed.
I think I saw somewhere that you need flashfire instead of ss in oc1.
Is that true?
I want to try this rom.
I want to odin back to nc5 from oc1 so that I can flash this rom plus kernel from there.
I know ss worked in nc5.
Do Ineed to downgrade from oc1 to nc5 using other method or can I just odin back to nc5?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

mlips821

Feb 6, 2015
Atlantic City
SUCCESS

Well done @gigilie, we have a successful install with working wifi on Verizon Samsung Galaxy s4 SCH-I545 at 11:10pm
Eastern time. I flashed the rom and did a modular install , then flashed new OC1 upgrade in OP. Rom took roughly less
than 15min, closer to 10min. to boot up after install. I am tired and going to sleep, but just thought you would want to hear the good news buddy. THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK WITH WHAT IS NO DOUBT AN AMAZING FEAT OF ROM DEVELOPMENT. :) :eek: :D :good: :good: :good: :good:

P. S.---IT IS LATE, BUT i WILL BE CHANGING SIGNATURE BANNERS TO SHOW MY LOVE FOR THE NEWEST Gdux + THEME PARK !

Last edited:

SwineFlu85

Oct 1, 2010
El Paso
Well, first off thanks for showing this old tired phone some love! I have successfully installed the ROM with working WiFi. My only issue at this point seems to be data. Under the APN settings I have nothing listed and the ADD button is grayed out. Any suggestions?

surfer0000

Sep 20, 2015
Firs t of all extreme thank you for taking the time for working on this device.

Have tried install of rom and oc1 update on my sch-i545 with stock NC5. No verizon data access. WiFi works perfect and I can make calls. SS screen shows but no access. Phone will boot to SS thru its app but just reboots te phone. Phone shows padlock/custom on boot. Aroma selecting doesn't seem to work for me. : stock NC5, towelroot, busybox, SS 3.75.
I'm safely back to NC5

Last edited:

fyca

Apr 13, 2010
Quincy
Odin Flashable OC1 Boot.img

I made a Odin flashable OC1 boot img using Gogolies Safe-Up-OC1 boot img. For people who forgot to install Safestrap before running the NC1 kernel flasher or just need to install the OC1 kernel through Odin. I made the file because I accidentally forgot to install Safestrap before flashing the NC1 kernel so I could flash a new theme. File removed. New file uploaded on page 14.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlips821

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [5.1.1] gogoDeluxe v3.33 featuring S6+/Note5&Marshmallow & 35 Modular App Themes!

gogoDeluxe v3.33 based on S6 Ported ROM Android 5.1.1
    by gogolie/gigilie

Features:
    All S6/S6+ & Note 5 Apps with bits of Android 6.0 Marshmallow
    An Aroma Installer
    35 Themes that are adapted to support Modular App Theming (Individual Per-App Theming) + Brand New S6 Theme gDux Exclusively Built for This ROM!
    Theres also app packages like the MX5 Flyme, CM12.1, HTC which contain all known ported apps compatible with S4 most are system apps and theres way too many to list.

Download:
    Safestrap Aroma Edition gogoDeluxe v3.33 ROM
    Extra Downloads:

OC1 SAFESTRAP SAFE UPGRADEhttps://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347816543

Safestrap OF1 Custom ROM Upgrader needs different modules for wifi to work currently not working.
    dOPE Layers Theme Park v2 b1 (Has 138 Themes and Modular Theming Enabled)
    gogolie's Individual Zip Flashable S6 Theme Directory (download single .zip of theme and flash it, that simple!)

Installation:

Simply flash the ROM .zip in Safestrap (or TWRP, etc if using something other than Safestrap. gDux will work on any S4 but I'm only offering support for Safestrap Users. MDK or other phone variants will need to install APNs, Modules, Custom Kernel, Modem all Lollipop Safe for best results.) to simplify your life I've also created the SS OF1 Upgrader zip I recommend downloading that and flashing immediately after installing the ROM. This will upgrade your Modem, HLOS and Boot.img to OF1. Now you can restart your phone. I didn't get much tested in terms of available MODs in the Aroma installer (theres a lot of them) so if you select 1 and the installer crashes or you end up stuck in a bootloop, reinstall without that option.

Special Thanks to @Albe95 for his S6 ROM and permission to use it as a base!

If You Enjoy The ROM Then Donate to The Cause. I Won't Be Doing This Much Longer Without More Support and Thanks for the Time and Money I Spend Out of Pocket Making and Testing and Everything that Goes With This Often Frustrating Hobby.

Screenshot from gogoDeluxe S6 Theme:
    LE0v5GZ.png

ARCHIVED 4.42:
    BRAND NU: gDux v2.1 for Verizon S4 - Aroma Install / Slim Version NCx (NC2 / NC5 +)

New Update features an Aroma installer with options for fonts, apps, new themes, new theme packs, new pretty much everything. I became a perfectionist on this one and then got side tracked with a ton of ports I'm sorry if youve been waiting, but here it is!!!! The Alternate Theme is a take on kind of a visual cross between a blackened S5 and Navy Theme with Gray and Black AOSP type of feel to it does away with 3d everything and has a very sharp clean look to the theme.

Please note only the full version has an Aroma installer. the slim is just a simple update script. the slim is slightly different overall and has very few apps and mods built in. both should have my auto-root so flashing supersu after installing isnt necessary. and modules should be baked into both so you'll only need to flash your modules or my infamous WiFi fixes if WiFi isn't working after you first try the ROM. If your installing the ROM on either an MDK or another carrier you need to flash appropriate custom kernel & or APNs or Compatability Pack.

Installation:
    Installing is as easy as downloading, and installing the .zip through either Safestrap or a custom recovery like TWRP (these are for sure compatible others may work too). Restart and enjoy.

Downloads:
    Full Version 2.1 with Aroma!:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712461335
    2.1 MMS FIX - Flash after install!
    Slim Version 2.1:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358543218

PS: I'll be posting screenshots as soon as I can (the ROM looks way better than the 2.0 version did! Its all themed now and no white!) but if users could post theirs it'd be appreciated!! If you like the ROM be sure and donate or note the ROM name your donating towards when you paypal so I know as I'm only going to be supporting a few of my most liked by donator's ROM's in the near future as its simply too much work for 1 man and no money to keep up with over 10 ROMs and multiples threads.

Thanks for trying gDux!!!
    -gogolie/gigilie

Archived gDux 2.0 OP:
    HELLO FELLOW ROM LOVERS,
    Here is another present from me... I present to you the first NC2 / NC5 Custom Rom built on and for the new Verizon 4.4.2 updates. This was tested on both but primarily NC2 and my upgrading methods were used and worked the best.

Built from ground up again (like the gDux 1.1.1 from yesterday my last 4.3 release ever.) this features themed pretty much everything (if not i'll get to it in the next version). Along with a few tweaks and mods left unmentioned. Dont do drugs kdis they affect the memory. Actually shouldnt be talking to any kids dont flash ROMs without your parents consent. People don't hold the handicapped dude hostage if this messes up your phone. ITs been tested up and down but some ppl got bad luck... so don't hold me or XDA or anyone that flashes or developers or Verizon responsible for anything bad that happens to your phone from here out.... ok u can try to hold verizon its kinda their fault anyway.

How to Install with a blindfold on (as detailed as Ill ever make it):
    0. If you have 4.4.2 and Safestrap already installed just flash the ROM and SuperSu and RESET BAM YOUR DONE. Otherwise Follow bellow guide!!!
    1. Download the Slim ROM or Download the Full ROM along with these files: SuperSu1.94, gogOdin3.10(the newest Odin brought to u by mua 1st:), QuickUpgrade NC2 Safestrap (or other custom recovery) flashable file, NC2 WiFi Fix (only flash if broken wifi in ROM),NC2 Boot.img Only.tar Odin Flashable and pickup and install Safestrap 3.72 found in AT&T S4 thread.
    2. Install your version of the ROM in Safestrap 3.72 under the Stock slot. This is a dirty Flash (no wipe) so you may need to wipe the System 1st. After installing the ROM flash the NC2 QuickUpgrade then the NC2 WiFi Fix the SuperSu194 zip then (you can link the installs together so SS flashes all 4 at once.) Now instead of normal resetting go to "Reboot" under main menu of Safestrap. Choose Download Mode (or just restart and hold Vol-Down) when your into Download mode plug phone into the Computer and load up Odin 3.10 and insert the NC2 Boot img.tar into the AP slot and press Start.
    3. Phone will restart, give it a minute or two if you don't hear music its not working perfectly. In this situation you'll need to download: NC2 Hlos/Modem and this NC2 Full Upgrade no Bootloaders.tar (both are flashable only in Odin 3.10) now restart phone to download mode again and flash these with the Full Upgrade in the AP slot and the hlos in the CP and press start. Phone will start once before entering Recovery automatically, don't panic completely normal its flashing the cache update now... Phone will restart automatically and now if you don't see the bootanimation or hear music you either need to start completely over. Sorry about the music if its not your personal preference I've got a tool that will easily modify bootanimations and music (along with a lot more) in the next week or so. Just putting on finishing touches to final version 1.0.
    4. Vote 5 Stars, Donate, Thank in person or give a +1 if you enjoy the ROM!!!

Screenshot_2014_05_21_23_42_10.png
    Screenshot_2014_05_21_23_43_42.png
    Screenshot_2014_05_21_23_42_18.png
    Screenshot_2014_05_21_23_46_44.png
    Screenshot_2014_05_21_23_47_50.png
    Screenshot_2014_05_21_23_49_23.png
    Screenshot_2014_05_21_23_48_10.png
    Screenshot_2014_05_21_23_49_47.png
    Screenshot_2014_05_21_23_48_18.png
    Screenshot_2014_05_21_23_50_08.png

Thanks,

gogolie / gigilie
    v1

PS anyone willing to help whip up an Aroma or some Graphics for gDux please contact me or go ahead and send me I got way to much going on right now :\
    is it true you made this in less than a day?!

YES so I'm sorry if its not perfect. Its a good start tho and I felt bad yall didnt have any real ROMs made specifically for Verizon to play with and wanted the challenge of porting to a different android version and base lol too easy? wheres everyone elses u guys need help???...

users please just let me know any bugs or issues found plz!

- mmm sleeep... I got 99 problems and shes all but 1
    It's nothing. If you consider all the roms and versions of roms that you have ported and the upgrade/downgrade stuff you've come up with, answering my dumb questions, etc. It is literally just a couple of bucks for each and well worth it. I appreciate everything you've done for us stuck without MDK builds.

Its a fun way to express myself. Thanks for sticking by my side after the first known upgrading experiments before I finalized the process. Sorry we both fried a phone but did u see that I did get that figured out and finalized its method 2. As close as I could come to just using a phone no odin needed. But had to still stick with a partial odin to avoid 0x1'ing the phone. otherwise I did come up with a method to do it all from phone and using a modified build.prop and mobile odin with the kernel flashing addon. It just stinks that it 0x1s the phone or i'd offer that as an alternative upgrade method.

also just a side note. didn't know if you ever picked this up about me but I find it a bit coincidental and amusing... I was a professional diver and worked as a private contractor using my diving skills :) before my at work injury. primarily retrieval expert but focused on golf ball recovery (thats where we found the money was) I'd make $1200 a day quite often. I miss those days. Still being told by Social Security I'm not disabled and can't receive SS benefits even tho I've been told by Dr's I can't ever put on a weightbelt again and that my 4 crushed spinal discs will never go back to fully healed because I'm too young. The Gov. in some aspects and areas really Kinda sucks. I do miss being under the water tho. Dove some pretty cool things and places.

On another side note:
    gogoDeluxe.TulsaEdition.v.1.0.zip

gogoDeluxe.v1.0-by-gogolie.zip

td1gogoDeluxe.zip
    ChaosROM_v2.5.2-VZW420-by-CHAOS-n-gogolie.zip
    stock-restore-Flawless-TulsaDeluxe V1.exe

all need to be tested by anyone willing. very near the final version just trying to perfect the aroma installer. the first 3 are versions of my gogoDeluxe ROM (aka gDux) which will be the most theme'able ROM ever for our Phones.

The Chaos Version is probably the farthest from perfect. Early WIP and the stock-restore .exe is the closest to perfect its my daily now. To install it you'll need to put your sdcard from your phone in your PC (it helps to know or have a previously created TWRP/Safestrap backup folder) running the installer .exe on your computer will install a directory that the core directory will need to be moved to your current Safestrap backup folder then restored via Restore option in Safestrap on your phone.

Plz PM or post results thanks testers!
    1 - Backup current ROM
    2 - Flash the ROM. DO NOT REBOOT
    3 - Flash the SS Custom ROM Upgrader. DO NOT REBOOT
    4 -perform a factory reset in TWRP/SS
    5 - ???
    6 - Profit

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

If you reboot the phone before installing the upgrade module, the install will brick your phone and you'll have to odin back to stock. Too bad I did that twice before I learned my lesson.

wrong bud and I'm sorry you assumed that but you just need my custom upgrade to lollipop odin image found in the general section under SAFE Upgrading and Downgrading to Lollipop. ONLY If you miss installing the Upgrade Package in Safestrap. This will at least enable the ROM to boot you might after booting need to install safestrap again and NC2Flasher then reboot to safestrap using NC2Flasher and flash the upgrade package (it will contain the modules needed to have working wifi would be the only difference between the old odin version and the new upgrade package for safestrap)

but installation is fairly simple flash the .zip followed by the upgrade package (OC edition for working wifi!). the themes and what not are optional as the ROM does come themed. also if you download the full theme park you can view the preview for some of the themes in the aroma folder but I do not feel like posting some 35 themes x 5 preview images to XDA for this ROM version nor do I intend on posting the 138 themes x 5 preview images for the full theme park. if your curious it literally takes less than 3 minutes to reboot to safestrap and flash a new theme or use the theme park then reupgrade kernel to OC and boot back up.

Here is my I just read the latest posts in one of the many threads I try to support ANNOYED RANT of the Weak:
    If your too lazy to experiment with the themes or go by the brief description I included or google the dam theme yourself to see a preview you'll have to wait until 4.0 which will include a working theme store and all fully ported S6 apps. actually note5 and S6+ apps to b specific. putting on finishing touches been working on solidifying the data and other issues that the i9505 users attempting to use with our devices and US carriers have had. took me some time but I havent been as dedicated to development as the donations for use of my ROMs and themes and MODS have become nonexistent :p those of you wishing for things could try motivating me to incorporate your ideas or just give thanks for the attention. ive found its much more enjoyable to just do these things for those that appreciate it and myself rather than serve the general public that would rather complain about minor issues or their own user incompetence normally due to their own inability to read or search for and resolve their problems they'd rather post negatively or rag and compare clearly incomparable versions or ROMs then advise other users to not upgrade or not properly install the ROM altogether like they should have. thus I have stopped uploading public betas and multiple other ports and mods etc that I've developed and would have liked some input or testing with just because when I do and I ask for public support or feedback I receive nothing that could constitute constructive criticism or feedback regarding the ROM only nagging reports of users that are unwilling to read or follow directions properly and would rather take the time to post negative crap than search or read about an issue that wouldnt be happening if they would simply follow instruction or open their eyes. like why would I need to tell you guys how to install a ROM for lollipop by this point you should know especially if the OP specifies Aroma - meaning Safestrap, TWRP then flash the ROM then flash the SAFE Upgrade OC1 Safestrap option or Odin option and restart. (if its an older ROM from early lollipop then probably the mms fix or RIL files) thats it folks this wont change. so stop asking uuhhh how do i install I just want to make sure... or before I make a big mistake by... have confidence you see others posting of successful flashes and verifying the steps even at times so why would your phone with NC -NKx need or be any different than the rest of us in the same boat?!!!!!? If you want to remain at S4 Lollipop or Kitkat or hell even Jellybean by all means do it, I however do not care nor does the general public, I'd much rather upgrade my phone in any and every way possible for free and add as many capabilities as possible to it including basically turning it into an S6 minus only few unportable features like fingerprint scanner and have it themed to my liking rather than Stock Lollipop (its nearly exactly the same as my S6 almost snappier and sharper with the modular themed apps its almost better in terms of beautification possibilities) but thats just me I'm addicted to having the newest prettiest smartest fastest and coolest things technology wise and to getting the most out of my phone and having it updated software wise to the latest and greatest which is why I'm a member of XDA and frequent all areas of this great site constantly combing the web for improvements in any field which I can bring to users of the S4 so if your not down to follow then sit on your phone with some old ROM or stock rom offering little to no improvements in quality or software and capabilities of it and wait for whatever it is your waiting for but don't post stupid, please, cause trust me no one really cares what your using if not the ROM in the topic and trolls suck the life out of threads and just suck in general
    sorry that SLIM is still just a test. feel free to throw on the toggles to 2.0 if you want tho :)

still working on some imperfections u can test the slim version an let me know. tulsa said theres a few glitches major one being no play store comes installed...
    @Tulsadiver yeah i just meant on the stock duxter not stock stock i have themes already built for that. just wanted a gdux .apk and a your theme u made .apk for the final 2.1 if possible but no worries bro. i think u do know what your doing tho :p n these new TW themes are so simple to tear apart and replace parts i just wish they had an option for doing a system mod on framwork or systemsui effects too

I'm almost done with the one with the theme I like (debloating because it wasn't meant to sit in a rom but to run against one). This will include "enable all toggles". I haven't been able to get on my laptop (we are raising my now, 3 year old grandson and he wants on the computer every time he sees me on it) so I'm doing most of this from my phone.