*Root the Slide & Other HTC Devices*6/15/2010* How-To Updated 8/14/2010

Search This thread

jvitalis40

Jan 19, 2011
Indianapolis
I cant get the command prompt to say recovery from offline when I unplug and plug my device back. It still says offline when I type adb devices... I NEED HELP PLEASE

dbzfanatic

Jun 21, 2010
I cant get the command prompt to say recovery from offline when I unplug and plug my device back. It still says offline when I type adb devices... I NEED HELP PLEASE

Please read next time, at least the last few pages. I just 2 posts up said this is old and doesn't work.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

Vnuk1

Dec 6, 2010
Champlin, MN
I'm using the Universal Androot method on my slide and if I just click root it just reboots my phone and get nothing. Now if I click the temporary root (unroot after reboot) it works but I can't flash any roms like Cyanogenmod because when it reboot it unroots itself. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

JTownBrewer

Feb 4, 2011
I'm using the Universal Androot method on my slide and if I just click root it just reboots my phone and get nothing. Now if I click the temporary root (unroot after reboot) it works but I can't flash any roms like Cyanogenmod because when it reboot it unroots itself. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

After you get temproot you have more work to do before you reboot. Try following the pc-less rooting guide (it's here in the dev section somewhere), as that uses the temproot method.

JTB

starkruzr

Jun 18, 2007
Washington, DC
Guys, is there a canonical guide to permarooting the Slide somewhere? I'm having a really hard time sorting through the spaghetti of instructions I've found thus far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just replaced the update.zip and started in recovery, launched update.zip and all seemed fine. I already had root though and I have my sd card full so I can't try a2sd or sdparted yet but it seemed to run fine.

Sent from my ROOTED myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App
    Go to theunlockr.com and type in adb setup and start there.