[Q] Status 7 Installation Aborted!

Search This thread

TheGOAT232412

Account currently disabled
I was running CM11 for a couple of days and it was just gobbling my battery like crazy. I was looking to flash the new stable 10.2.1 that CM has just released. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, format system, data, cache, wipe data and dalvik. I proceeded to try and flash the ROM and I continued to get a "Status 7 Installation Aborted" error. I was running CWM, I flashed Philz Touch Recovery (which looks awesome) and I still ran into the same error. Any idea would be much appreciated, as of right now my phone is fully wiped and I am not able to install a ROM on it :eek:

Edit: I was able to pull a nandroid off of my computer, thank god. Looking through my file manager it looks like my internal memory was completely wiped. Throughout the restore of my nand, I kept seeing a huge list of "unable to mount /storage0," for some reason. I have never encountered this problem before and I am terrified to try and flash another ROM until I can get a little more info on this. So far my internal memory shows Android, DCIM, ext-sd, and LOST.DIR, I just want to give as much info as I can and please feel free to ask anything that you may need to know. Huge thanks in advance!

Last edited:

wmuflyer

Feb 14, 2011
Kalamazoo
The battery drain in CM11 was probably location services if you change it to "device only" it does much better. If you look in the battery usage Google Pay Services gobbles battery in high accuracy mode.

I was running CM11 for a couple of days and it was just gobbling my battery like crazy. I was looking to flash the new stable 10.2.1 that CM has just released. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, format system, data, cache, wipe data and dalvik. I proceeded to try and flash the ROM and I continued to get a "Status 7 Installation Aborted" error. I was running CWM, I flashed Philz Touch Recovery (which looks awesome) and I still ran into the same error. Any idea would be much appreciated, as of right now my phone is fully wiped and I am not able to install a ROM on it :eek:

Edit: I was able to pull a nandroid off of my computer, thank god. Looking through my file manager it looks like my internal memory was completely wiped. Throughout the restore of my nand, I kept seeing a huge list of "unable to mount /storage0," for some reason. I have never encountered this problem before and I am terrified to try and flash another ROM until I can get a little more info on this. So far my internal memory shows Android, DCIM, ext-sd, and LOST.DIR, I just want to give as much info as I can and please feel free to ask anything that you may need to know. Huge thanks in advance!

Reactions: TheGOAT232412

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The battery drain in CM11 was probably location services if you change it to "device only" it does much better. If you look in the battery usage Google Pay Services gobbles battery in high accuracy mode.