Correct Swype beta phone app for ICS!

Search This thread

Electrostatic King

Oct 30, 2011
I registered for swype beta.. Downloaded the swype installer.
It was the downloading the beta and taking too long, so I quit it and installed this apk.. but all I get is a crappy keyboard that looks horribly terrible and I don't even see swype key. Just a black block of unbordered letters.
So what do I do to get it working?

It's Time For The JOKER To Rise

eldobeldo

May 8, 2011
It doesn't work with 4.04 ICS Frankenstein Ego. It covers half the screen. Any recommendations or anyone got a fix? Tia

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

SKyRocKeting727

Nov 22, 2011
Sacramento
It was the downloading the beta and taking too long, so I quit it and installed this apk.. but all I get is a crappy keyboard that looks horribly terrible and I don't even see swype key. Just a black block of unbordered letters.

Uninstall the swype that came with phone. Install Swype Installer and log in to download the tablet version. Once finish downloading, uninstall the swype (not swype installer but the swype you just downloaded). Install the swype APK from this thread and voila!

-Once you go NOTE, you'd say 4 inches a Joke

Reactions: Electrostatic King

SKyRocKeting727

Nov 22, 2011
Sacramento
I saw the screenshot, but does it have the enter key that works in messaging app?

c6e4d814-e096-e197.jpg

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
For those of you that are curious, the new swype beta properly gave me a workable keyboard, not a tablet keyboard either. just thought i'd share for the people that want directly from swype people

And I believe that the new beta can be installed alongside the pre-installed version that comes with the phone.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340228408806.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340228408806.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 126
R

ritthyhang

I install the look latest update of Swype and its great but do anybody know how I may make the keyboard a little bigger. It's little small on the galaxy note

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340255319767.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340255319767.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 112

brookssw

Jan 31, 2008
love the new official swype beta! It's just about perfect size

Also, the edit keyboard has been updated. a little different layout so it'll take a while to get used to, but more functionality, which is always good, but they removed the tab key, which makes me sad :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will only work if you are a registered Swype beta user... Simply uninstall the tablet Swype app on your phone, then sideload this, reboot, and voila!

http://db.tt/R9W2jfkw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Pulled the beta from their site and keyboard was too small

Found this, and indeed, voila!!

Thanks much!
    can you post a screenshot? i've downloaded swype beta from their website after flashing ICS and the keyboard is REALLY small. so i ended up going with the stock keyboard for now.

Uninstall the swype that came with phone. Install Swype Installer and log in to download the tablet version. Once finish downloading, uninstall the swype (not swype installer but the swype you just downloaded). Install the swype APK from this thread and voila!