[Q] WhatsApp Problem

Search This thread

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
Hello All,Ive purchased Gionee Elife E7 and there is a problem with WhatsApp that there is no push message notification...When I open WhatsApp i can see the messages notification of what all messages ive received..any one facing the same problem and have a solution to it??

Grato

Nov 6, 2013
Chennai
Hello All,Ive purchased Gionee Elife E7 and there is a problem with WhatsApp that there is no push message notification...When I open WhatsApp i can see the messages notification of what all messages ive received..any one facing the same problem and have a solution to it??

Yes Me too facing the same issue. Didn't find a solution either.

1995ad

Apr 16, 2013
Here's a fix:

Yes Me too facing the same issue. Didn't find a solution either.

This is a known issue with the default launcher of Elife E7. Whenever you quit an app (by sliding it away on the homescreen), the launcher force quits the app. So, if you close WhatsApp like this, you automatically turn off the notifications.

There are two ways to solve the problem:
1) Don't ever quit WhatsApp by sliding to clear it in the Navi launcher.
2) Use another launcher, like Nova Prime or so.

NHS2008

Jul 24, 2010
Mumbai
This is a known issue with the default launcher of Elife E7. Whenever you quit an app (by sliding it away on the homescreen), the launcher force quits the app. So, if you close WhatsApp like this, you automatically turn off the notifications.

There are two ways to solve the problem:
1) Don't ever quit WhatsApp by sliding to clear it in the Navi launcher.
2) Use another launcher, like Nova Prime or so.

It still doesn't do that trick. Unless you keep opening it frequently, It will be killed in the background after a while. Really annoying.

One thing I tried to no avail is to install Xposed and install the 'App Settings' module and make Whatsapp a RESIDENT app. Still it will get killed.

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
It still doesn't do that trick. Unless you keep opening it frequently, It will be killed in the background after a while. Really annoying.

One thing I tried to no avail is to install Xposed and install the 'App Settings' module and make Whatsapp a RESIDENT app. Still it will get killed.

Really Amigo is a fail by GiONEE...either they should improve the OS or discard it..i think i bought a wrong handset..

1manshow

Jun 28, 2009
I'm not sure if this option could help, but try disabling that "Auto-clean" option under Power saving and it should stop closing processes like Whatsapp and others -
battery.jpg

Reactions: NHS2008

NHS2008

Jul 24, 2010
Mumbai
I'm not sure if this option could help, but try disabling that "Auto-clean" option under Power saving and it should stop closing processes like Whatsapp and others -
battery.jpg

I also thought that might be it but It triggers if we enter power saving mode right? Such a confusing app. I never enable power-saving,
but hey! lets try it.

Evander_F

Aug 3, 2010
Margao
Maybe you guys can go to Developer Settings and increase the background process limit. Worth a try I guess.

I was quite interested in this phone but I've no clue about Gionee's service nor do I know if they will ever post OTA updates for the phone.

1manshow

Jun 28, 2009
I also thought that might be it but It triggers if we enter power saving mode right? Such a confusing app. I never enable power-saving,
but hey! lets try it.

:good: Sure, I just got my phone delivered, but haven't opened the box yet. Let me know if that option works and WhatsApp works fine after disabling that.

Maybe you guys can go to Developer Settings and increase the background process limit. Worth a try I guess.

I was quite interested in this phone but I've no clue about Gionee's service nor do I know if they will ever post OTA updates for the phone.

I've heard (both internet and local word of mouth) that their service is good and improving day by day. Also you can check their twitter/FB account and I see many past devices getting updates over the air, so I don't think they would miss out any possible updates on their flagship phone :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:
Reactions: Evander_F

Evander_F

Aug 3, 2010
Margao
I've heard (both internet and local word of mouth) that their service is good and improving day by day. Also you can check their twitter/FB account and I see many past devices getting updates over the air, so I don't think they would miss out any possible updates on their flagship phone :fingers-crossed:

Thats good to hear! I might just consider it, I'm just waiting to see some active development on this phone, it's got a beast of the cpu :cool:
A custom kernel and AOSP rom would make it fly ;)

Reactions: 1manshow

1manshow

Jun 28, 2009
^^ You can check this thread to keep an eye on active development talks for this device -
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2649623

If you are a dev or know someone who can help, please ask him to provide his inputs on that thread. burakgon has kernel sources already and asking for more information what we should get from Gionee.

chetz87

Mar 22, 2014
chennai
work around for it to work.

if you install go launcher.. whatsapp returns to its normal mode... tried and tested and using..

chetz87

Mar 22, 2014
chennai
Solution

If you are still facing the problem, the solution is using GO Launcher or any other launcher instead of default. Once u make Go Launcher default it solved the isse and whatsapp is normal back to routine notifications. Let me know if works for u

dahlawat

Apr 20, 2014
Guys there is option of 'sync off' in the power manager app settings. Uncheck it and use any launcher push notifications will be there.

Sent from my E7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    battery.jpg
    but hey! lets try it.

:good: Sure, I just got my phone delivered, but haven't opened the box yet. Let me know if that option works and WhatsApp works fine after disabling that.

Thats good to hear! I might just consider it, I'm just waiting to see some active development on this phone, it's got a beast of the cpu :cool:
    A custom kernel and AOSP rom would make it fly ;)