[Rom] Updated [Unofficial] Carbon Rom 4.4.4 based on CM11.0 [29.06.14]

Search This thread

DiaboluZ

May 3, 2010
As mentioned before, the version CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140704-2345-jactiveltexx.zip runs fine without high battery drain.

---

Last weekend I took a lot of pictures and noticed kind of lag in camera app. Switching between different modes made the camera / display hang for a couple of seconds. After waiting period all fine.

Grinface

Even after re-installing this ROM with a full-wipe, battery drain is still very high comparing to previous versions. Camera is constantly hanging in WhatsApp and many times in own camera app, after some errors a message "Can't connect to camera" appears, only a reboot reactivates the camera.

Reactions: AlternativeWater

Xanthos58

Mar 24, 2014
How did you get the theme engine to work/show in settings

Sent from my SGH-I537 rooted, running GPE 4.4.4 ROM

reiter123

Jun 22, 2007
Even after re-installing this ROM with a full-wipe, battery drain is still very high comparing to previous versions. Camera is constantly hanging in WhatsApp and many times in own camera app, after some errors a message "Can't connect to camera" appears, only a reboot reactivates the camera.

I use this ROM (20140704) where you have high battery drain but with a totally different experience. Coming from Stock Rom I did first had a higher battery drain than my configured / modified stock rom. WIth my stock rom I ended with batt drain in Standby in between 1.1 to 1.5 % / hour and 4% to 5%/hour in normal use.

However after configuring this ROM starting with : Governor: onDemand, only booting what is necessary, switching off mobile data/wifi if not needed, turning on battery saver configuration in ROM, I got now my absolute highscore: 0.2-0.3 %/ hour in Standby and about 3%-5%/hour if I use it

=> This ROM is great.

Thanks for providing this great rom for the S4 active :good::good::good:

Last edited:

br.ruan

Jun 14, 2012
After a few days some more notes on current build:
- Allcast doesn't work (with my tv, lg 7408)
- description of connection types is mixed up. When I choose (i.e) "TD-SCDMA/GSM/WDCMA/LTE" the result is "CDMA+LTE/EVDO". Also with other entries
- com.android.phone stop working when I switch between GSM/WDCMA/LTE and other connection types (only some types)
- battery is fine

Grinface

I'd say a good workaround is to simply use toggles to switch between 2G/3G/LTE.
Works for me, although it takes a few moments to switch to a faster network.

reiter123

Jun 22, 2007
Following the build link : " This Account Has Been Suspended" ?

Change logs are deleted?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk

R_AL_Sim

Sep 23, 2004
UK
Think I found a bug in the latest ROM does any one else have this issue

My microphone works when in a phone call but trying to use an app such as sound recorder or sound measure it doesn't pick up anything

Anyway apart from that its perfect shame dev is stopping what should we move to next I like the carbon look and feel and got everything working the way I like.

Should probably mention i'm on mk3 baseband

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Free mobile app

Update:

I've noticed google now won't respond to "OK google" nor will google voice recognition unless I connect my Bluetooth headset or my wired headphones

Last edited:

DiaboluZ

May 3, 2010
Carbon was my preferred ROM for a long time, I am very grateful for the developer, but it was impossible to continue with that without necessary fixes, mainly because of Google apps constant changes, I am back to CM 11 that is being updated frequently.

proteje

Jun 5, 2008
What ROM are you using based on CM11 for Galaxy S4 Active?
I've searched the pure CM11 and it says it does not support Galaxy S4 Active.

Thanks
Max

O-T

Sep 28, 2010
What ROM are you using based on CM11 for Galaxy S4 Active?
I've searched the pure CM11 and it says it does not support Galaxy S4 Active.

Thanks
Max

Take a look at S4 Active/Original Development section of xda forum. Unofficial status in progress aiming for Official. Build 0729 is usable as daily driver.
Test one of the newest and contribute in bug fixing.

NGZero

May 21, 2009
Is there any site or link, where i can download the latest install-ready build? (zip)
i like the rom very much, but i need a update :(

R_AL_Sim

Sep 23, 2004
UK
Could anybody explain to me what's going on

I keep getting insufficient storage when apps try to update if I remove an app I can't install a smaller app in its place. Although I have 8gb free space?

I have wiped dalvik cache wiped system cache using recovery menu still no joy.

I've wiped cached using settings menu storage long press feature.

If I do a df in terminal I get the following all looks good to me?

orage/emulated/legacy/Android/obb 11.7G 3.9G 7.8G 4096
root@jactiveltexx:/ # df
Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize
/dev 908.5M 132.0K 908.4M 4096
/sys/fs/cgroup 908.5M 0.0K 908.5M 4096
/mnt/asec 908.5M 0.0K 908.5M 4096
/mnt/obb 908.5M 0.0K 908.5M 4096
/mnt/fuse 908.5M 0.0K 908.5M 4096
/system 2.1G 395.1M 1.7G 4096
/cache 344.5M 5.7M 338.8M 4096
/firmware 86.0M 8.8M 77.2M 16384
/firmware-mdm 86.0M 49.8M 36.2M 16384
/efs 13.4M 4.2M 9.2M 4096
/data 11.7G 3.6G 8.1G 4096
/mnt/shell/emulated 11.7G 3.6G 8.1G 4096
/storage/emulated 908.5M 0.0K 908.5M 4096
/mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 29.7G 22.4G 7.3G 4096
/storage/sdcard1 29.7G 22.4G 7.3G 4096
/storage/emulated/0 11.7G 3.6G 8.1G 4096
/storage/emulated/0/Android/obb 11.7G 3.6G 8.1G 4096
/storage/emulated/legacy 11.7G 3.6G 8.1G 4096
/storage/emulated/legacy/Android/obb 11.7G 3.6G 8.1G 4096

Please help I don't want to do a full wipe I like this ROM and how I have it set up.

Update

Its OK I figured it out seems the permission s on the system/data/apps folder got screwed

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

NGZero

May 21, 2009
I have also a problem with the camera... android is started for some hours... if i then want to take a picture the app crashes and i need to restart the phone...

but it looks like that this project is dead... no new release

JASONRR

May 16, 2013
I have also a problem with the camera... android is started for some hours... if i then want to take a picture the app crashes and i need to restart the phone...

but it looks like that this project is dead... no new release

Most of the CM based rom threads are dead. you can try the touchwiz S5 style Rom with a load of S5 apps uploaded by me today

Reactions: manigoldo83

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use the code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

Features

All of our features can be found on the site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

All screens are from the Galaxy S4 i9500

209fw3d.jpg
    iy1q1l.jpg

2ivic7l.jpg
    14e8gig.jpg

sce7fd.jpg
    acebdl.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

New builds at this link : Carbon Rom Download - jactiveltexx

Gapps

Ultra Slim Gapps

Bugs

Nil

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon and my other roms better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon and my other roms, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon and my other roms!

Source:
    1. Rom Source : https://github.com/CarbonDev
    2. Device Tree : https://github.com/spegelius/android_device_samsung_jactivelte/tree/cm-11.0
    3. Kernel Source : https://github.com/spegelius/android_kernel_samsung_jactivelte/tree/cm-11.0

XDA:DevDB Information
    Carbon Rom 4.4.4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 Active

Contributors
    a2441918
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Rooted and CWM recovery
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 15.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-29

Created 2014-03-29
    Last Updated 2014-06-29
    One dumb question: do you confirm can we just instal each new build without any factory reset and therefore without the backup\restore of the applications? And thanks for the build!

Yes it doent wipe data. Btw who wants Vanir AOSP for S4 Active? Some 50 thanks to this post and you will have it. Ask your friends, team members too.
    New build up.
    New build up. Probably adding APN is fixed.