[ANDROID] Myn’s Warm Donut - [RLS 5 - 04/24/2010] - Support For Kaiser

Search This thread

zenity

Dec 23, 2008
Scotland
how do I unlock this??

my kaiser on windows mobile accepts any SIM CARD

:(

A lot of people confuse a locked sim with a locked phone, if you lock the sim card with a pin code, then put it in another phone, you will still need to unlock the sim.

If your phone will accept any sim card in Winmo, it will also accept any sim card in android.

However android has issues with locked sim cards, there are a number of solutions, firstly, put the sim card in another phone, then disable the sim pin code, this works with any phone that accepts your providers sim card, even an old nokia 3310 will do this.

Or, reflash Winmo, disable pin code, reflash Android.

bruno3691

Sep 19, 2009
Viana do Castelo
A lot of people confuse a locked sim with a locked phone, if you lock the sim card with a pin code, then put it in another phone, you will still need to unlock the sim.

If your phone will accept any sim card in Winmo, it will also accept any sim card in android.

However android has issues with locked sim cards, there are a number of solutions, firstly, put the sim card in another phone, then disable the sim pin code, this works with any phone that accepts your providers sim card, even an old nokia 3310 will do this.

Or, reflash Winmo, disable pin code, reflash Android.

result

:D

thanks

damianiw

May 22, 2009
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
This build works well on my Kaiser. I am using HaRET on a class 6 microSD.
It seems to have the same bug as others in that you can't permanently turn off 3G, but that's why I run under HaRET. :)
The speed is great and it's nice to have working camera (although I seem to crash now and then from camera or GPS). The phone opens much quicker than Eclair builds I have used which makes this much more practical for my main phone device :)

Similar here, if I could disable 3g I could flash it

WinterMage

Apr 8, 2008
Hmmm. I'm still experiencing the battery problem (put the phone to charge overnight, and I can use it for a very short period of time, as soon as I make a few calls or listen to music/whatever, the battery goes from 90+% to 3-4% and phone shuts down).. I have applied the patch found on page 20, but it doesn't seem to help.

What I have noticed (and wanted to ask) is this:

WHEN MY BATTERY LEVEL drops down to few % and I put the phone on charger & run dmesg, I notice that two values, AUX and AUX1 are quite high. Now, does this mean that Android assigns some sort of 'auxiliary power' and tells the system to shut down even if there is enough power to run? Is it possible that this might be the source of the bug? When I add the numbers in brackets (aux and aux1 + standard 'units') I roughly get the # of power units that should be left available to the system.

And, of course, when after short period of time battery meter goes to 100% (and after that mA's drop to 15-16), 'aux' values are zero.

Now, this could all be a total nonsense, but I simply had to ask :) Sorry if I'm wasting your time.. And guys? Excellent job ;)

Wackomin

Nov 25, 2007
Hmmm. I'm still experiencing the battery problem (put the phone to charge overnight, and I can use it for a very short period of time, as soon as I make a few calls or listen to music/whatever, the battery goes from 90+% to 3-4% and phone shuts down).. I have applied the patch found on page 20, but it doesn't seem to help.

What I have noticed (and wanted to ask) is this:

WHEN MY BATTERY LEVEL drops down to few % and I put the phone on charger & run dmesg, I notice that two values, AUX and AUX1 are quite high. Now, does this mean that Android assigns some sort of 'auxiliary power' and tells the system to shut down even if there is enough power to run? Is it possible that this might be the source of the bug? When I add the numbers in brackets (aux and aux1 + standard 'units') I roughly get the # of power units that should be left available to the system.

And, of course, when after short period of time battery meter goes to 100% (and after that mA's drop to 15-16), 'aux' values are zero.

Now, this could all be a total nonsense, but I simply had to ask :) Sorry if I'm wasting your time.. And guys? Excellent job ;)

I have the EXACT same issue that you have.... I don't really know what to do I love Android... but it sucks keeping a power cord around all the time.

Wacko....

tarekk9

Dec 2, 2005
Cairo
i have problems

1- no speaker sound (ring tone, music,...)
2- HTC sync not work with phone
thanks

Last edited:

Pichulec

Dec 11, 2009
UK
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I have problem with battery level status (showing wrong) but this is known problem... Android running form SD card. Screen calibration doesn't work either. After fixes, wifi and bt is working.

tarekk9

Dec 2, 2005
Cairo
i have problems

1- no speaker sound (ring tone, music,...)
2- HTC sync not work with phone
and any one install arabic system on it
what about sync contact with exchange account

Last edited:

huttonjd

Possible Battery Fix

Battery Issue
Like many I had battery go from 65% to 0% with nothing in between.

Possible Battery Fix
I noticed on one of the threads somewhere to let your batter drain all the way and let phone shutdown, then charge back up and the battery indicator will be correct.

First try at fix
I did this on purpose, by connecting to wifi, downloading a lot of things and saving them to SD using Astro.
Then after I connected charger to usb port and pressed power button quickly, it would hang on android spinning logo.
So I took out battery and put it back in. Still hung. So I re-installed system, keep my data. lots of errors about could not unmount an empty drive.
So I re-intsalled system & data, then it booted up.

Second try at fix
Then last night, not on purpose, I was in the basement of my house were cell sign does not always reach. My phone shutdown due to battery low.
I did not notice it till I went upstairs. I then plugged it into charger and pressed power button and left it to go do something.
It booted up and I noticed for the first time 4% on battery. So I left it on charger and kept checking it periodically.
5%, 7%, 9%, 11%, 18%, 21%, 24%...
Went to bed and this moring 100%. I had only seen 99% before.

Also the Charge Orange light comes one now when charging.

I will keep an eye on battery level today do see if this is a fix/workaround or not.

Last edited:

huttonjd

Bluetooth & Wifi Update

Bluetooth
Before I told about my car (2004 Prius) Bluetooth having some issues connecting automaticaly, but my headset (Cardio Scala 500 not).

In my Prius I had to turn off bluetooth on phone wait a few mins, turn back on, then off and on again and it would connect. Did nothing on car Bluetooth, just on phone.

After having to re-install everything and recharging battery(see my prev post), My Prius bluetooth connected/disconnected automatically this morning twice about 5mins apart.
Then after 35min drive to work, did not use phone, it did not automatically disconnect.

Wifi
Wifi works great at my house (WAP).
I installed 120 Wifi R4 Update and wifi works now.
I noticed an issue with dailer on phone wrong size, cannot see 1,2,3 buttons. This is due to phone at 110 and using 120 wifi.
Last time I ran the 110 update it caused a lot of cannot unmount errors and never botted toandroid.
So will try and figure out a work around.

huttonjd

How to install both HaRet and NoMoRootfs

I got a few private messages asking how I installed and got BT working.
Here is how for both HaRet and NoMoRootfs.

For BOTH
FULLY CHARGE YOUR BATTERY FIRST!
Formatting the sd card using Panasonic SD Formatter (See my signature for the link).

I know its a pain to copy everything off of SD, format and back on. But it solved a lot of my hanging issues.

HaRET
1. Put both install and update .tar files in andboot folder and remove all previous systems & data
2. Run HaRet
3. Press center button when asked
4. Install new system and data
3. Install update
4. Press fix permission
5. Quit
6. Let to go alll the way to scrolling android screen will it WILL FREEZE. take battery out for at least 2 mins .
7. Put battery back in and boot to windows.
8. Then run HaRET again. Let it boot all the way up. It will take some time.
9. Skip all and let phone load everything.
10. Then try Wifi/BT/Add accounts and downloads.

NoMoRootfs
1. Formatting the sd card using Panasonic SD Formatter (See my signature for the link).
2. Put both install and update .tar files in andboot folder.
3. Put Kaiser Android(black).nbh as KAISIMG.NBH on rootof SD card to get Android boot screen by pressing and holding camera key and pressing reset button.
4. After getting white screen asking to press power key to install
5. After completed install, took battery out for at least 2 mins and put it back in.
6. While waiting 2 mins tool out SD Card and copied KAISIMG-PANEL2-320-TILT-08-04-10.NBH as KAISIMG.NBH
7. Installed KAISIMG-PANEL2-320-TILT-08-04-10.NBH (see signature for link) by pressing and holding camera key and pressing reset button.
8. After getting white screen asking to press power key to install.
9. After completed install, took battery out for at least 2 mins and put it back in.
10. Press center button when asked.
11. Install new system and data.
12. Install update
13. Press fix permission
14. Quit
15. Let to go alll the way to scrolling android screen will it WILL FREEZE. take battery out for at least 2 mins.
16. Put battery back in and let it boot all the way. It will take some time.
17. Skip all and let phone load everything.
18. Then try Wifi/BT/Add accounts and downloads.

Hope this helps! :)

hawke213x

Aug 15, 2009
Virginia
Nevermind, after a reinstall of my fav ROM, Style Black V5, and then this, everything is now working.

Last edited:

wheretogo

Feb 20, 2009
like your android very much
but it doesn't contian Chinese language even can't install googlepinyin
could u give me a hand?
thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There recently has been quite a bit of discussion and support questions pertaining to the Kaiser device on Warm Donut.

To keep these device specific discussions separated and organized we will use this as the official Kaiser support thread.

As I don't own a Kaiser device I will be relying heavily on this strong community for assistance :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warm Donut RLS 5 with Kaiser updates integrated including battery (Thanks Millence)
    Warm Donut RLS 5 with Kaiser updates integrated Odex Repack (Thanks Millence)

RLS 4 Wifi update + Home Screen load time update for Kaiser (Thanks citrit)

WiFi enabled SQSH files for Kaiser users: (Thanks to noside12123)

240x320@120dpi optimized version of Warm Donut (Thanks to Millence [07-22-2010])

FAQ

• Q: How do I get my battery level representing the correct value?
    • A: Thanks to huttonjd, a fix is available here
    Screenshots:

FlipClock.png
    HomeScreen1NexusLauncher.png
    LauncherNexus1.png

Dialer.png
    Contacts.png
    Widgets.png

DeskClock.png
    CarHome.png
    Launcher.png

NewsWeather.png
    NewsWeather2.png
    calculator.png

Music1.png
    Music2.png
    LockScreen.png
    Cell tower location does not work. From what I understand there is a fix for the RIL (hexadecimal conversion) but so far no one has incorporated it into the builder for Kaiser. I'm not sure whether that will goes into the NBH or the release.

Also ADB does not work at least for Windows. I understand this is an across the board issue for NAND installation.
    I finally got this installed to NAND on my Tilt about an hour ago. My first time using Android. Freakin' loving it so far. Haven't tried everything yet, but everything I have tried works great, including data. Great work Myn. You are a gentleman and a scholar. :D

Firstly, if my screen turns itself off after a period of inactivity for a few minutes, when it comes back, all I can see is a stripey screen and have to soft reset. Its happening every time the screen turns off :(
    Same thing happens to me, except the screen just flickers the striped part for a split second, then it goes away. Was wondering wtf that was all about.
    Secondly, when setting up my apn for my carrier, it wouldn't save it, so I tried editing one of the 2 defaults, but deleted that too when I tried to save it. However, did get round this by changing 1 field at a time and saving until I isolated it to the MCC field. If I leave that alone, it works! Strange. I suspect I could create a new apn entry and save it if I don't change MCC.
    I have the same issue, but I just pulled the battery and restarted the phone as someone earlier suggested, and now 3G is working. The APN is still not showing, but at least data works now. I've been afraid to mess with it further, I don't want to lose my data.

EDIT: figured out the striped screen issue. It's the resolution of the .nbh you have flashed. You are probably flashed to kaisimg-panel2-428-tilt-18-03-10.nbh like I was. I went HERE and downloaded kaisimg-panel3-320-tilt-18-03-10.nbh. Just throw it on the root of your sdcard and flash it through the bootloader real quick. It will change your kernel to a different resolution, and you'll actually be able to read the text on your screen lol. Your apps and stuff will be fine.