Anyone else with a Huawei S7 tablet here?

Search This thread

asl4u

Aug 22, 2007
sync

you dont need an app to sync with - it will automatically sync with your google account - calendar, email - everything.

I use outlook for my on computer calendar - and there is now a way to sync outlook with google - which then shows up on my S7.

DikkieDick

Jun 2, 2008
Since yesterday I have one, but I can't figure out what type I'm having: S7-105 or whatever? How to check? It has Android 2.1-update1 and would like to upgrade to 2.2.2. Haven't found a custom rom yet either, but haven't searched thoroughly.

kayyappan

Mar 10, 2011
Hi to all. I just recently got my Huawei S7 - 101 with 2.2 and Capacitive touch screen - not Resistive - from a good merchant at China-Tablet-computer.com. Normally these Chinese items comes in handy for experimenting and learning but I have yet to start with S7 so far. I am impressed by the service provided by the above guys after few disasters with some others in the past.

Now my question to the forum is about Car Chargers. The issue at hand is that many of the tablets do not charge via USB - unless one uses a multi-head USB cable - as the charging current is quite high for any laptop to supply. S7 is no exception but it just does not charge at all in any which way via USB as per Huawei Device website and my own experience.

I went in for iLuv car charger rated at 10.5W i.e. 2100mA at 5V.

But with GPS on with 30% display brightness and no network connection it just does not seem to charge. My new battery lasts for about 2 Hrs with above settings even with the above charger connected. The charger works OK as I have tried that as dumb charger while not doing anything on the tablet or other devices of varying current requirements.

Meanwhile I built another one with 5V 3A capacity but at the place where I live I am not able to get 3mm connector for S7 charging port.

My question is if the car chargers rated at 2000mA or 2100mA for Galaxy, iPad, etc are to be used only when the device is not in heavy use like GPS. Can someone please throw some light on this issue? And Thanks in advance.