[KERNEL] SpeedMod N7000 [K2-12 CWM5 CIFS ROOT / NO-ROOT]

Search This thread

eliashadow

Nov 1, 2010
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
how did you get voodoo louder to work on K2-2 ? mine shows unsupported kernel ? what version of VOODOO Louder do you have?

3e01f62c-593f-225e.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

mokshadenied

Dec 27, 2009
enabling custom bootanimation

love ur kernel hardcore :D :D :D....smooth n simple is the description that would fit the best ::) .... i would request you to enable custom bootanimation....can it be expected in your next release????

M3TALLICA

Nov 14, 2011
Just a little problem, in clockwork recovery selecting "…from internal sd card" goes to external sd card. And the other way around.
Not a big one though.

hardcore

Sep 12, 2006
It still wont work. I updated my kernel to the April 1st on that hardcore released and i get a different message

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
You're using the wrong app I think. Voodoo Sound does not work on the Galaxy S2/Note. You can only use Voodoo Louder.

tanoxxx

Feb 10, 2010
Florence
love ur kernel hardcore :D :D :D....smooth n simple is the description that would fit the best ::) .... i would request you to enable custom bootanimation....can it be expected in your next release????
+1
Just a little problem, in clockwork recovery selecting "…from internal sd card" goes to external sd card. And the other way around.
Not a big one though.
+1
@hardcore
The kernel is great, but isn't all compatible with CWM Manager, can you update it, for make kernel all compatible with CWM Manager?
Thanks
+1

Thanks again hardcore :)

Last edited:
Reactions: hanifh

betoNL

K2-3:
- Some cleanup to CWM
- Slight adjustments to GPU and CPU frequency scheduler

CWM still got the same (minor) error:

/Install zip from sdcard /Choose zip from internal sdcard ... will take to EXTERNAL sd.

Choose zip from sdcard, takes you to internal...

Text or order mistake....

For the rest, battery performance on K2 series is amazingly even better than the K1 series...

Voodoo louder is working just fine

ADW Ex launcher a bit laggy (not that smooth) on desktop scrolling

For the rest everything just fine as always, I mean, better....

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

You're using the wrong app I think. Voodoo Sound does not work on the Galaxy S2/Note. You can only use Voodoo Louder.

Yep, he is trying voodoo sound which is not supported on the Note, instead VOODOO LOUDER...

LemonPowerForce

Feb 3, 2012
Liverpool, UK
Just moved from Franco test kernel to Speedmod K2-2.

Slightly lagging on wakeups unlike Franco, but *massively* improved longevity.

pics attached of normal usage (not shown: the ~2 hours prior to that graph where the counter was on 100% battery, so I assumed that it was broken and restarted - the rest of the graph is shown from that restart onwards.) - Checkrom v6, with fake jkaymod.

edit: forgot to mention that the awake periods in the middle of the night on the graph are probably due to me running 'fast reboot pro' in the middle of the night automatically.

Attachments

• SC20120401-214030.jpg
    SC20120401-214030.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 251
  • SC20120401-214038.jpg
    SC20120401-214038.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Reactions: initiale449

nasr345tt

Dec 16, 2007
Microsoft Surface Duo 2
CWM still got the same (minor) error:

/Install zip from sdcard /Choose zip from internal sdcard ... will take to EXTERNAL sd.

Choose zip from sdcard, takes you to internal...

Text or order mistake....

For the rest, battery performance on K2 series is amazingly even better than the K1 series...

Voodoo louder is working just fine

ADW Ex launcher a bit laggy (not that smooth) on desktop scrolling

For the rest everything just fine as always, I mean, better....

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Yep, he is trying voodoo sound which is not supported on the Note, instead VOODOO LOUDER...

I AM FORMATED MY SD CARD 32 GB. because of that and i am trying to get back my files and folders :(

bioweb

Dec 8, 2007
I flashed the SpeedMod kernel and everything is working extremely well but the only thing that bothers me a little is that I can't get my SD cards mounted in CWM recovery.

I'm coming from Franco Kernel V9 (Rocket Rom) and it worked perfect in that kernel.

Is there any way to get mounting working with this kernel?

rp4k

Jan 27, 2011
Shenzhen, China
[/COLOR]hardcore on [K2-3 ) you did flash the wrong CWM you put the wrong build version its older then the one you used on k2-2 , and yeah EXTERNAL SD card is disabled. same with BACK BUTTON.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

i tried voodoo louder?? where are you guys getting voodoo louder everytime i try to download it from the market it says i live in , invalid country ( so i cant get it here in Hong Kong) and when i use market unlocker to switch to USA it still says same thing.. so a friend gave it to me and it still didn't work. properly so i dont know what i am doing wrong.. if anyone wants to give me a hand please PM me. thanks.

rp4k

Jan 27, 2011
Shenzhen, China
Every time i try to find a place to get voodoo louder the .apk is not the correct one it is voodoo control. if anyone can pm . . Me a link to get it.because the market won't let me download it

numbnutsuk

Mar 30, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Noob alert....
I want this amazing kernel.
How to get it?
Flash back to kk5 stock ROM, flash this kernel to get root, then re flash the new ROM, then flash the kernel again.?

Is this basically right?

Sent from a noob on a new note

kwokshsee

Feb 7, 2012
Noob alert....
Flash back to kk5 stock ROM, flash this kernel to get root, then re flash the new ROM, then flash the kernel again.?

No, no, no. First root (downgrade ("flash back") ur firmware if necessary; refer to the link below for details):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329360#

Once rooted, u can get Speedmod, or any other, kernel by flashing it via the Recovery mode (u know how to get there, right? Shout if u dun).

Hope it helps :)

Last edited:
Reactions: numbnutsuk

M3TALLICA

Nov 14, 2011
Too early to judge but I'm having great battery with this kernel.
Two hours of music + background data and auto sync of two gmail accounts (gmail,Google reader,Google plus) in 2G mode. And battery used only 3%.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Just clockwork recovery needs to be fixed. :)

M3TALLICA

Nov 14, 2011
Sorry to report another problem. I'm not sure if it's kernel related.
I use super su by Chainfire. Deleting Superuser.apk removes it but after reboot it automatically gets installed.
Any idea?

Notified

Mar 13, 2012
Very nice work & many thanks, the kernel is very responsive and with speedmod the battery seems to be better than everything before with my device.
I'm running speedmod k2-3 together with CheckROM V6 and it's just nice, very quick wake up-time of the screen, even from deep sleep *thumbsup*.

CWM doesn't bother me with this kernel in it's current version, still carries the functions important for me so it's ok :D.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

This is the SpeedMod kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000.

SpeedMod's core features are:
    - Super stable: No undervolting, overclocking or potentially unstable modifications
    - Fast and smooth: Compiler and code optimizations
    - Excellent battery life: Remove unecessary logging and debugging

>>> CLICK HERE for more info and the DOWNLOAD links.

>>> CLICK HERE for the Frequently Asked Questions list.

Current features:

Root and CWM:
    - Automatically installs root (su) but can be disabled
    - CWM recovery

Screen and misc tweaks:
    - MDNIE screen sharpness tuning (improves text readability)
    - MDNIE color tuning (reduces over-saturation of color)
    - init.d, TUN, CIFS, IPV6 Privacy support

Performance:
    - CPU governor tweaks: increase responsiveness
    - IO tweaks
    - Read ahead tweaks
    - Updated to jhash3
    - Compiled with optimizations using Linaro GCC toolchain
    - Switched to SLAB instead of SLUB
    - Optimized GPU DVFS
    - Optimized CPU hotplug
    - ARM CPU topology support
    - SCHED_MC multi-core aware scheduler

Turned off unnecessary logging for better smoothness and efficiency:
    - Disabled Android Debug Logger / logcat
    - Disabled Samsung debug
    - Disabled various kernel debugging, statistics and tracing options

>>> CLICK HERE for the CHANGELOG.

Instructions on how to enable logcat and disable auto-root are in the 3rd post (below).

>>> CLICK HERE for the DOWNLOAD links.
    Reserved for source code.
    K2-6:
    - Improved integrated DVFS based CPU hotplug policy
    - Adjustments to CPU and GPU DVFS
    - GPU base clock set back to 160MHz
    - Switched to TREE_PREEMPT_RCU
    I've been a bit busy lately, but finally found some time to update the kernel to the latest source code. This works with the latest firmware versions (tested DXLC2) as well as previuos versions.

This should also hopefully fix the problem for people who had different hardware revisions and were having the lockscreen corruption problem.

K2-1:
    - Built on new GT-N7000_GB_Opensource_Update1 source code
    - Updated toolchain to Linaro GCC 2012.03
    - Minor adjustments to GPU voltage for increased stability
    K2-9:
    - Changes to compiler flags based on Linaro Android 2011.10