[Q] Trouble Booting into Recovery

Search This thread

jd300

May 18, 2013
Since there is no longer GooManager at the Google Play Store, I cannot open up TWRP recovery. The replacement app at Play store is TWRP manager but it does not boot into recovery, it boots into downloads. Holding down all three buttons and releasing the power button or holding all 3 buttons down only leads to the download screen. Any advice as to how to get into recovery. I am on SCH-i545 4.4.2

Thanks

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Since there is no longer GooManager at the Google Play Store, I cannot open up TWRP recovery. The replacement app at Play store is TWRP manager but it does not boot into recovery, it boots into downloads. Holding down all three buttons and releasing the power button or holding all 3 buttons down only leads to the download screen. Any advice as to how to get into recovery. I am on SCH-i545 4.4.2

Thanks

Are you mdk?

sent by safestrap powered echo v26

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Thanks

Now that your in Download Mode you can assume it's your phone sending you a message..... Odin.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jd300

May 18, 2013
What You Need to Know is not up to date.

If you're on touchwiz 4.4.2 you can't get twrp. Read the stickie in general section about "what you need to know"

Thank you for the response but the page you directed to me has not been updated since Dec. 2013. It states that my s4 nc5 cannot be rooted which is obviously not the case...

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Thanks for the feedback. Before going on any further I have a question. If I am to install Safe Strap, Does twrp need to be removed. Although I cannot open it, it is on my phone. Or will Safe Strap overwrite it?

That's hard to say really. You can try to install SafeStrap but if that failed install of CWM due to the locked bootloader gets in the way obviously Odin is the best bet.

I'd just have your Odin file ready.

Cwm isn't really installed. Although ROM manager will show that it is...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Thanks for the feedback. Before going on any further I have a question. If I am to install Safe Strap, Does twrp need to be removed. Although I cannot open it, it is on my phone. Or will Safe Strap overwrite it?

in most cases best to start with full wipe odin image.....a clean slate is easier to handle