Firmware MB860 Bell Canada Gingerbread 2.3.6 "Available"

Search This thread

Pzyduck

Nov 8, 2010
La Rioja
motorola-atrix-bell.jpg

Original Gingergread 2.3.6 SBF for Atrix MB860

Android 2.3.6

1FF-olympus_latam-user-2.3.6-4.5.2A-51_OLL-17.8-111109-release-keys-signed-BellMobility-CA-GAS_NA_OLYMPUSGBCANADABELL_P019.sbf.gz

DOWNLOAD

MIRROR

Last edited:

TheSmokingAndroid

Apr 2, 2010
Victoria
So is there a point to this thread or are we just waiting on mods to close a thread about something you don't have?
well, he's obviously excited about the update, like anyone would be, and he's telling us that he's uploading it now. So he does have the update....no point in posting in the general section, and then again in the development section. Im sure once he uploads it, he will change the OP and title or something...chill dude

is it physically hurting you that this post is here? is it harming your phone?
You know if you have a problem with someone's post, you can always let a mod know and they will determine where it belongs.

p.s.
Thanks pzyduck for letting us know about the update and for uploading it =) i for one appreciate it

NorskHelgen

Aug 16, 2010
Edmonton
I'm saying it's pointless because no, it's not physically hurting me or my phone but your saying you have something before it's even available. That's like putting candy in front of a kids face then saying "I'll give it to you in 10 days". If you have the Bell Firmware then awesome, thanks for your hard work but I don't see the relevance is saying you have something before it's available. You might as well do it at the same time.

Pzyduck

Nov 8, 2010
La Rioja
Firmware Available ;)

well, he's obviously excited about the update, like anyone would be, and he's telling us that he's uploading it now. So he does have the update....no point in posting in the general section, and then again in the development section. Im sure once he uploads it, he will change the OP and title or something...chill dude

You know if you have a problem with someone's post, you can always let a mod know and they will determine where it belongs.

p.s.
Thanks pzyduck for letting us know about the update and for uploading it =) i for one appreciate it

Thanks for understanding :)

Good job bro, it is good to see some of us still know about appreciation. This rom is somewhat great news for all international atrix mb860 owners.

My brother so long, good to hear from you, a big hug :D

Pzyduck

Nov 8, 2010
La Rioja

Ratchet556

Mar 21, 2011
Can this be flashed to people who have unlocked their boot loader? I know some people were hard bricking their phones after applying a SBF after doing an OTA update to Gingerbread

TheSmokingAndroid

Apr 2, 2010
Victoria
what im actually concerned about, is how motorola is locking down the atrix so that no sbf flashing is possible. im wondering if that patch has been included in this update.

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
Very cool find. :)

I wonder if the bootloader can be unlocked with this one?

EDIT:

I extracted the sbf in linux using sbf_flash -x

build.prop in /system: ro.build.version.full=Blur_Version.45.21.78.MB860.BellMobility.en.CA
/preinstall has those gameloft demo games, dated 12/2011

CG5 (radio) has "OLYLAUSBP_N_01.07.05P", "OLYLAUSBP_N_01.77.06P"

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: morrislee

Ratchet556

Mar 21, 2011
what im actually concerned about, is how motorola is locking down the atrix so that no sbf flashing is possible. im wondering if that patch has been included in this update.

Darn your right. this is probably the update that is locking that down then. THEY ARE TRYING TO TEMPT US WITH UPDATES!

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
Short answer yes, boots and webtop works.

I haven't tested it fully, but you won't be bricked by having an unlocked bootloader, no idea if it blocks sbf flashing and I haven't flashed intl_try1.sbf to get the unlocked bootloader back. EDIT: That works without issue, sbf flashing isn't blocked.

I am looking into webtop stuff right now, tried all the options already, debian, gentop2, seeing what else can be done.

EDIT: After flashing this, you can motofastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img (the attached file) to get a quick adb root session.

$ adb shell

$ /preinstall/shsu
#cp -p lxterminal /usr/bin/
#cp sudoers /etc/

You end up with lxterminal as an icon in the top bar of webtop, and sudo works.

Cheers!

Attachments

• preinstall.img.bz2
    26.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reactions: gerrard_ss

ccrows

Aug 14, 2010
I just flashed it, it's just 2.3.6 in sbf form, AFAICT. Having unlocked bootloader won't brick it.

Cheers!

Is this the "official" from Bell?

Can this be done with ROM Manager, or is this strictly RSD?... As always thanks in advance NFHimself... :)

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
Is this the "official" from Bell?

Can this be done with ROM Manager, or is this strictly RSD?... As always thanks in advance NFHimself... :)

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Only way to use ROM Manager would be to make a CWM zip for the partitions inside. Strictly RSD. If you have 2.3.6 already there is no need to bother with it, but it's good to have a way to get back to stock from rsd mode. No idea how official it is.

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    motorola-atrix-bell.jpg

Original Gingergread 2.3.6 SBF for Atrix MB860

Android 2.3.6

1FF-olympus_latam-user-2.3.6-4.5.2A-51_OLL-17.8-111109-release-keys-signed-BellMobility-CA-GAS_NA_OLYMPUSGBCANADABELL_P019.sbf.gz

DOWNLOAD

MIRROR
    Thanks daywalker04, for mirror filefactory :D

Premium File Factory

USER : andrezprimium.blogspot@hotmail.com
    PASS : andrezprimium.blogspot.com

USER : wolverine-fac@live.com

USER : facilcuenta33@live.com

USER : shark66633@live.com

USER : lilo2001pt@gmail.com
    PASS : 361950

USER : giovanny55@gmail.com
    PASS : mistral1

USER : CFERRIER@si.rr.com
    PASS : Ibtissem
    So is there a point to this thread or are we just waiting on mods to close a thread about something you don't have?

p.s.
    Very cool find. :)

I wonder if the bootloader can be unlocked with this one?

EDIT:

I extracted the sbf in linux using sbf_flash -x

build.prop in /system: ro.build.version.full=Blur_Version.45.21.78.MB860.BellMobility.en.CA
    /preinstall has those gameloft demo games, dated 12/2011

CG5 (radio) has "OLYLAUSBP_N_01.07.05P", "OLYLAUSBP_N_01.77.06P"

Cheers!
    Short answer yes, boots and webtop works.

I haven't tested it fully, but you won't be bricked by having an unlocked bootloader, no idea if it blocks sbf flashing and I haven't flashed intl_try1.sbf to get the unlocked bootloader back. EDIT: That works without issue, sbf flashing isn't blocked.

I am looking into webtop stuff right now, tried all the options already, debian, gentop2, seeing what else can be done.

EDIT: After flashing this, you can motofastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img (the attached file) to get a quick adb root session.

$ adb shell

$ /preinstall/shsu
    #cp -p lxterminal /usr/bin/
    #cp sudoers /etc/

You end up with lxterminal as an icon in the top bar of webtop, and sudo works.

Cheers!