Camera lag?

Search This thread

bjames23

Jan 12, 2011
Do I have a setting wrong or something?

Has anyone had a long camera lag only some of the time? I haven't pin pointed it down but most of the time it takes the pic instantly but others it shows a message to hold camera still till it shoots the pic. Obviously I prefer it taking it instantly so what's the deal? Is it low light situations?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tdrussell

Sep 13, 2010
Dallas

Has anyone had a long camera lag only some of the time? I haven't pin pointed it down but most of the time it takes the pic instantly but others it shows a message to hold camera still till it shoots the pic. Obviously I prefer it taking it instantly so what's the deal? Is it low light situations?

Yes. The S5 has a combined Image Stabilization/Night mode. When it gives you that message, you'll notice a small icon in the corner with a moon, a star, and a hand, indicating that it has gone into stabilization/night mode due to lack of ambient light. You can force instant shutter by disabling image stabilization.

jagrave

Jan 31, 2011
Yes. The S5 has a combined Image Stabilization/Night mode. When it gives you that message, you'll notice a small icon in the corner with a moon, a star, and a hand, indicating that it has gone into stabilization/night mode due to lack of ambient light. You can force instant shutter by disabling image stabilization.

Haha yeah when I first got my phone I was like geez this thing takes forever to take a pic. Then I Saw that setting. I was worried at first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.