[HBOOT] Upgrade and Downgrade to any HBOOT

Search This thread

coldrazor

Mar 22, 2012
San Isidro
www.facebook.com
I do all this process to upgrade to HBOOT 2.14, but you can downgrade/upgrade with any HBOOT if you have the hboot files.

First: Any brick or fail it`s not my responsibility. Proceed with caution.

S-OFF NEEDED TO PROCEED

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure:

1-Download the hboot what you want:

http://d-h.st/XdJ //ALL FILES FROM OTA 3.17 T-MO germain hboot 2.14 (incl recovery and other firmware files, be careful with that).
http://d-h.st/bt9 // HBOOT 1.09 THANKS TO liamstears from the other post to provide the file.
http://d-h.st/J1T //HBOOT 2.14 liamstears magic another time.

2-Reboot in fastboot mode.

3-Do the following commands one by one:

fastboot erase cache //optional
fastboot oem rebootRUU //to enter in HTC black screen
fastboot flash zip [zipname.zip] // i.e "fastboot flash zip hboot214.zip"

(wait some seconds, green bar in phone screen)

fastboot reboot-bootloader //to see your new HBOOT

That`s all folks.

Last edited:

coldrazor

Mar 22, 2012
San Isidro
www.facebook.com
why would you want to move to 2.14 HBOOT ??

I think nobody knows what are the advantages of 2.14 hboot, but, why keeping 1.09 or 1.14 if you can have 2.14 without any problems?;)

The first file i posted have more things than a hboot, flashing the 2.14 complete file is like aplying a 3.17 RUU to the majority of partitions (sb1.img, rpm.img blabla), a ROM flash can`t do that, thats because it`s a little more risky:p

Last edited:

coldrazor

Mar 22, 2012
San Isidro
www.facebook.com
I rebooted without see that bar, when i write the reboot command and press enter, i see my phone at 75%, some seconds after the phone reboot.

My face: :eek:

Enviado desde mi HTC One X usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: hv6478

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
Now that we have s-off isn't it possible to create flashable zips in recovery for this?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: skulldreamz

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
So I can flash the 1.09 zip to downgrade is this correct? I have 1.14 right now...direct downgrade so long as I have S-OFF? Just want to make sure before I proceed here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I do all this process to upgrade to HBOOT 2.14, but you can downgrade/upgrade with any HBOOT if you have the hboot files.

First: Any brick or fail it`s not my responsibility. Proceed with caution.

S-OFF NEEDED TO PROCEED

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure:

1-Download the hboot what you want:

http://d-h.st/XdJ //ALL FILES FROM OTA 3.17 T-MO germain hboot 2.14 (incl recovery and other firmware files, be careful with that).
    http://d-h.st/bt9 // HBOOT 1.09 THANKS TO liamstears from the other post to provide the file.
    http://d-h.st/J1T //HBOOT 2.14 liamstears magic another time.

2-Reboot in fastboot mode.

3-Do the following commands one by one:

fastboot erase cache //optional
    fastboot oem rebootRUU //to enter in HTC black screen
    fastboot flash zip [zipname.zip] // i.e "fastboot flash zip hboot214.zip"

(wait some seconds, green bar in phone screen)

fastboot reboot-bootloader //to see your new HBOOT

That`s all folks.
    Are you talking about when flashing a ROM? If so, then no you don't need to flash the boot.img because you have s-off.

Sent from my Evita
    My experience suggests that HBOOT is not tied to CID or MID (I am not certain that this applies to every case you understand, but I am running my HTC One on an HBOOT from a different CID/MID). If you can find an HBOOT 2.14 from a different HTC One XL CID/MID and you are S-OFF then I would:

- back up your existing HBOOT (boot into custom recovery and go find the dd commands to copy out the hboot partition to a file - I don't know these offhand).
    - flash the hboot you've found
    - if it's not compatible boot back into recovery and restore the backup you made of your existing hboot - again using dd

HTH,

Ian

thanks for reply
    when i run fastboot flash zip firmware.zip into fastboot that gives me Error 12 , file varification error
    there is a diffrent between flash firmware into recovery or fastboot ??

There is, yes, but:

a. firmware.zip is not HBOOT
    b. I would be worried about the verification error - it suggests (to me, without research) that the firmware.zip you have is malformed.

For further questions regarding firmware please find an appropriate forum or thread in which to ask - this thread relates to up/downgrading HBOOT.

Ian
    Nooooooooo no no no no. Do not flash any firmware or hboot from the standard Evita to the Evita_utl, it will brick the device, it will brick the phone if it succeeds.

@dr_diem, please be more careful when giving advice, your suggestion here could have bricked this phone. If you do not have the device and do not have an intimate knowledge of it, it isn't wise to give advice for it.

Transmitted via Bacon
    S-off make all posible:) youre welcome

Enviado desde mi HTC One X usando Tapatalk 2

Awesome post thank you for sharing!

If this requires S-OFF I think maybe a disclaimer in the original post would be good, something like "YOU MUST HAVE S-OFF TO PROCEED WITH THIS!!!!" should be good :p

Sent from my CM10ified Beast (a.k.a. HTC One XL)
    dude my green bar is stuck at like 75% you gotta help me please im panicking.

Just continue with the process that's supposed to happen