Install CyanogemMod 7 in your Milestone 2

Search This thread

jorgebaruchi

Apr 18, 2011
Old Thread:
Hi guys,

With this new kernel and a lot of new ideas, isnt better if we try a new port of cyanogen with no motoblur?? Particulary, i prefer that ROM...

I didnt know how to do, but i can test... :)

There are so many roms for droid 2, like fission, that i want to use in my milestone 2, but see that mike and others try to port but doesnt work. But now, we have new roms and new oportunites...

=)

Is that port possible now (with leaked CHINA rom)?

Rom UPDATED!! (02/09): Check on DEV Section using the link below

New Rom Release (28/08):

Hi Guys,

A new CM7 Rom was just released in DEV forum by Endless7 (thanks!)... If anyone (like me!) dont be able to post in DEV forums and need suport for this ROM... PLZ!! USE THIS TREAD....

I´m working now, but I will try this ROM at Night, finger crossed! THIS IS THE WAY

Bye..

Last edited:

r2beta0

Nov 8, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Hi guys,

With this new kernel and a lot of new ideas, isnt better if we try a new port of cyanogen with no motoblur?? Particulary, i prefer that ROM...

There are so many roms for droid 2, like fission, that i want to use in my milestone 2, but see that mike and others try to port but doesnt work. But now, we have new roms and new oportunites...

=)

Well, I'm still learning the basics of android building. As soon as I get my custom hijack for 2nd init working I will try to port CM to the Milestone2. Note that I'm not promising any dates. My free time is very short and I'll do my best, but I don't want to get under pressure because of this :)

Reactions: jorgebaruchi

cypressious

Dec 23, 2010
Karlsruhe
cypressious.kilu.de
I think a leaked unlocked bootloader would do the trick :D
Just jocking. As I see it, nothing has changed regarding custom roms, as the bootloaded stays the same.

But I am quite confident, that r2beta0 will have progress on 2nd-init soon.

jorgebaruchi

Apr 18, 2011
I think a leaked unlocked bootloader would do the trick :D
Just jocking. As I see it, nothing has changed regarding custom roms, as the bootloaded stays the same.

But I am quite confident, that r2beta0 will have progress on 2nd-init soon.

filgers crossed!! but i remender that there are some blocks on system booting with froyo rom... then, i thinked that new rom could change this issue... =/

well, thks everybody!

dangpzanco

Dec 27, 2010
LG Nexus 5X
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Well, I'm still learning the basics of android building. As soon as I get my custom hijack for 2nd init working I will try to port CM to the Milestone2. Note that I'm not promising any dates. My free time is very short and I'll do my best, but I don't want to get under pressure because of this :)

I think we don't need the 2nd-init built specially for GB rom, since Defy's CM7 (and Droid 2/X's) still have the base SBF on froyo. Maybe if we exchange the boot.img and devtree.img from GB leak to the ones inside Defy's CM7 update.zip (don't forget to delete /system/etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default/pds_init too, or you'll get all that GSM problems again)?

Edit: Won't Apex 2.0 RC2 work on GB Mile2?

@Milestone 2 (Finnaly on Gingerbread!)

r2beta0

Nov 8, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
I think we don't need the 2nd-init built specially for GB rom, since Defy's CM7 (and Droid 2/X's) still have the base SBF on froyo. Maybe if we exchange the boot.img and devtree.img from GB leak to the ones inside Defy's CM7 update.zip (don't forget to delete /system/etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default/pds_init too, or you'll get all that GSM problems again)?

Edit: Won't Apex 2.0 RC2 work on GB Mile2?

We need 2nd-init in order to change the boot sequence required by CM7. DroidX already have a customized 2nd-init for CM7, but I don't want to use it yet as it uses bootscripts inside a /system/etc/shadow-boot.zip. I prefer to have my files ready to edit and not inside a zip file. Also, trying to make my own hijack is giving me knowledge I will need when trying to port CM to M2.

dangpzanco

Dec 27, 2010
LG Nexus 5X
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
We need 2nd-init in order to change the boot sequence required by CM7. DroidX already have a customized 2nd-init for CM7, but I don't want to use it yet as it uses bootscripts inside a /system/etc/shadow-boot.zip. I prefer to have my files ready to edit and not inside a zip file. Also, trying to make my own hijack is giving me knowledge I will need when trying to port CM to M2.

Hm... Okay, nice! So we have a better coded 2nd-init.
PS: If you need to unpack a boot.img to get the scripts/zImage, I got it with dsixda's Kitchen

jorgebaruchi

Apr 18, 2011
Hi guys,

Searching the web, i found a oficial port of MIUI for droid 2, than i think: "Can we port this version with the ch kernel and change the baseband?"

If its possible, i think that this way is more simple, however port a defy rom and fix the incompatible bugs...

=)

r2beta0

Nov 8, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Hi guys,

Searching the web, i found a oficial port of MIUI for droid 2, than i think: "Can we port this version with the ch kernel and change the baseband?"

If its possible, i think that this way is more simple, however port a defy rom and fix the incompatible bugs...

=)

We should check first if this ROM is compatible with the kernels we have available. If so, we can try to port from that. Some ppl into Development forum are already trying to do that.

dangpzanco

Dec 27, 2010
LG Nexus 5X
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
We should check first if this ROM is compatible with the kernels we have available. If so, we can try to port from that. Some ppl into Development forum are already trying to do that.

It is more difficult to port from a CDMA device. If you achieve Apex Rom to work with GSM network, then you can think about porting it.

ehaw1

Mar 16, 2011
One maybe stupid question:

Can I install this rom on froyo or should I first upgrade my MM2 to GB?

jorgebaruchi

Apr 18, 2011
There´s what u have to do (didn´t test yeat, I will try at night. But u can always downgrade with a stock SBF):

** Make u sure of your phone is rooted before everything !! **

1. Download all-in-one.zip and put into /sdcard/
2. Download and Install Droid2bootstrapper (old CWM) from the internet/market
3. Update to Ported Defy CWM (there´s a thread in general forum explain how to install that)
4. Boot into CWM and apply the all-in-one.zip and after (without reboot) make a full-wipe (make u sure that u have maked a backup of everything before)
5. At this moment, reboot your phone and use the keys combination for enter in bootloader mode
6. Download the fixed_sbf from the original thread in DEV forum and apply with RSD lite.
7. Your phone will reboot and after some minutes, U Can Enjoy the new ROM!!!

ping0o

Aug 9, 2010
I think I made ​​a big mistake!
I touch everything and I'm going to Defy baseband! I change the parameter.
Since the network can not be found.
Any idea?

i will take a look at this

Last edited:

skarmore

Aug 26, 2011
I got struck in "google" logo and the phone dont boot :(
how can i do factory reset in bootmenu from the CM7 ? i dont find this option there...
or even re-install all the stuff...

EDIT: i can't open CWM 4.0 from the BootMenu 1.0.2 , i try latest recovery or stable recovery but it says "error in /system/bootmenu/script/recovery.sh (result: no such file or directory)

Please help ! T__T

Last edited:

Sobi-Wan

Aug 24, 2011
I can't post in thread on development's subforum, so I ask my question here:

where can I find a tool and howto to make my own custom *.zip file to use with CWM? I have found a tool called Android Kitchen, but readme inside archive says, that it is mainly created for HTC devices. Am I following a correct path :), or I should search some other tools?

update:
I have successfully flashed my custom *.zip file based on information taken from www[dot]londatiga[dot]net/it/how-to-create-android-update-zip-package/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There´s what u have to do (didn´t test yeat, I will try at night. But u can always downgrade with a stock SBF):

** Make u sure of your phone is rooted before everything !! **

1. Download all-in-one.zip and put into /sdcard/
    2. Download and Install Droid2bootstrapper (old CWM) from the internet/market
    3. Update to Ported Defy CWM (there´s a thread in general forum explain how to install that)
    4. Boot into CWM and apply the all-in-one.zip and after (without reboot) make a full-wipe (make u sure that u have maked a backup of everything before)
    5. At this moment, reboot your phone and use the keys combination for enter in bootloader mode
    6. Download the fixed_sbf from the original thread in DEV forum and apply with RSD lite.
    7. Your phone will reboot and after some minutes, U Can Enjoy the new ROM!!!
    Hi guys,

=)

Hi guys,

=)

It is more difficult to port from a CDMA device. If you achieve Apex Rom to work with GSM network, then you can think about porting it.

Hello,

I use Cyanomod with my Milestone 1 and I love it.

Now I found this way to use it with that nightly Version "CM7-0828-nightly-build-all_in_1.zip" and hoped for a better life with it.
    Ok, I followed the instruction and used "Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap" for getting into the Recovery Mode. From here I modified the Boot Loader to Version 70.13 and installed nightly Version "CM7-0828-nightly-build-all_in_1.zip".
    It first ran perfectly, I enjoyed it. But before installing the other Apps, I wanted to make an Nandroid Image. So I installed "Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap" as I often before did it with my Milestone 1 and 2. But now I got the problem. My Milestone freezed into the Google Boot Logo and nothing hapens. I tried all Handlings I knew, with different Keyboard and Power and Camera combinations, but nothing helps.
    Now my question, what can I do?
    Please help me :-/

Thank you
    Andreas

As Endless7 has indicated in the post, the zip needs to be installed from CMW 3.x/4. Droid2bootsrapper give CWM 2.x I believe.

Install CWM 3.x from here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1196590

and then follow the steps given in
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17082704&postcount=1

and you need to flash the fixed-sbf as you will be on CWM 3.x