[HOW-TO][FIX] Fix No Network/Baseband Missing/No IMEI

Search This thread

Vinay_FXG

Sep 2, 2014
Cochin
Fix No Network/No SIM Registered/IMEI Missing/Baseband Missing

The Problem
On flashing a certain ROM, Kernel or both, some users experience one of the following:

• No network signal.
  • Dialing *#06# shows blank IMEI number.
  • Unknown Baseband version in the About Phone page of settings.
  • No SIM Card registered.

How to Fix

There are four options:

1. Try restoring a Nandroid Backup of a previously working ROM.
  2. Flash stock baseband using Flashtool.
    • Download and install FlashTool from HERE.
    • Download the Stock FTF Files from HERE.
    • Open FlashTool and boot your phone into Flashmode.
    • Choose the downloaded firmware and exclude all except Baseband as shown in the figure below. You can choose whether to wipe your data/cache.

1zbyogl.jpg

• Click next and wait for the flashing to be done.
  3. Use the Baseband fix by @dipesh1502.

Download and flash the following ZIP using CWM/TWRP/Philz.
    Download it HERE
    Thanks to @dipesh1502 for creating this Flashable ZIP.
  4. Alternatively, I've created an FTF for Xperia SP C5302 variant having only Baseband (<1MB). You can download it from HERE.
    Flash it using Flashtool.

Hopefully the Baseband problems would be solved by doing any one of the above four fixes! :)

Hit Thanks if I Helped YOU, my friend!! :cowboy::angel:​

Last edited:

chewlohseng

Jun 27, 2013
Singapore
I can't fix the issue until I flashed C5303 Baseband (Generic SG, my own FTF), and resulted in stuck at C5302 Indian 12.1.A.1.201 (not receiving 12.1.A.1.205). Compilation of Indian FTF may have tons of issue, as USA C5302 FTF does work perfectly on my C5303.

Vinay_FXG

Sep 2, 2014
Cochin
I can't fix the issue until I flashed C5303 Baseband (Generic SG, my own FTF), and resulted in stuck at C5302 Indian 12.1.A.1.201 (not receiving 12.1.A.1.205). Compilation of Indian FTF may have tons of issue, as USA C5302 FTF does work perfectly on my C5303.

I guess different variants of Xperia SP have different basebands. So you can't fix the issue until you flash its own baseband. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And I don't know about the difference in FTFs of different regions. I've used only Indian FTFs so far.

;)

Reactions: HorNy555

chewlohseng

Jun 27, 2013
Singapore
I guess different variants of Xperia SP have different basebands. So you can't fix the issue until you flash its own baseband. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And I don't know about the difference in FTFs of different regions. I've used only Indian FTFs so far.

;)

I wish it is, but I saw a C5302 user flashing Indian .207 update for C5302 and got the same problem.

Also it's pretty weird that my SP (C5303) flashing USA .201 and .205 for C5302 HSPA+ works perfectly with no baseband problem. While both can't run when I flash Indian C5302. More like compilation have issue because with USA and SGP FTF (SGP is mine), verification is automatically disabled while Indian version is enabled. Based on what I saw when tryingbto compile FTF, any Android version after 4.0.x, will have to disable verification checks while compiling and also when flashing. I disabled verification check while flashing Indian C5302 FTF manually and it fails every time. Maybe it's time for fix, as if this continues it'll annoy darn lots of users because of baseband issue and thus SIM not detected.

P.S. Sorry for long post. Just to get my point across clearly as far as I can.

Vinay_FXG

Sep 2, 2014
Cochin
I wish it is, but I saw a C5302 user flashing Indian .207 update for C5302 and got the same problem.

Also it's pretty weird that my SP (C5303) flashing USA .201 and .205 for C5302 HSPA+ works perfectly with no baseband problem. While both can't run when I flash Indian C5302. More like compilation have issue because with USA and SGP FTF (SGP is mine), verification is automatically disabled while Indian version is enabled. Based on what I saw when tryingbto compile FTF, any Android version after 4.0.x, will have to disable verification checks while compiling and also when flashing. I disabled verification check while flashing Indian C5302 FTF manually and it fails every time. Maybe it's time for fix, as if this continues it'll annoy darn lots of users because of baseband issue and thus SIM not detected.

Thanks for the info!! Itss time for me to try out the USA firmwares ;) :D

jangid

Sep 22, 2013
new delhi

;)

can you direct me the link of 12.1.A.1.207 fw for india .... i couldnt find it on stock firmware thread

Vinay_FXG

Sep 2, 2014
Cochin
To my knowledge there is no FTF for .207, at least I've not seen any. It is an OTA update i guess. I guess you'll have to flash .205 for now [emoji106] :)

Reactions: HorNy555

weiderwin

Jan 29, 2015

The Problem
On flashing a certain ROM, Kernel or both, some users experience one of the following:

• No network signal.

How to Fix

There are four options:

• Choose the downloaded firmware and exclude all except Baseband as shown in the figure below. You can choose whether to wipe your data/cache.

1zbyogl.jpg

Download it HERE
  4. Alternatively, I've created an FTF for Xperia SP C5302 variant having only Baseband (<1MB). You can download it from HERE.

Hopefully the Baseband problems would be solved by doing any one of the above four fixes! :)

Does this fix works whith xperia Z1?

King_Dini

Apr 29, 2015
What to do with BaseBand Fix.zip

Download it HERE

BaseBand Fix.zip from step from above contains 2 folders (System and META-INF); What do you do with either this zip file or its contents. For sure it does not go into the firmwares folder (since it is not picked up by the flashtool). The same thing goes for the alternate method of step 4; placing that in the firmwares folder yields nothing - it is not listed in the flashtool thereafter. I have the latest version of the tool and also the version prior to that. Please say what I am doing wrong because obviously I am doing something crazy :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The Problem

• No network signal.

How to Fix

There are four options:

1zbyogl.jpg

Download it HERE

Thanks for the info!! Itss time for me to try out the USA firmwares ;) :D
    or you can reflash rom via CWM Touch or TWRP, not Philz, at leat it works for me

I've tried that but with no result. I tried flashing all the ROMs that I had at that time with no luck! Glad that it works for you though :D

;)