Absolution Q&A

Search This thread

jscass2000

Sep 5, 2011
Exchange not working on ICS

I installed Absolution 4A7 and before I restored anything I tried to setup my work Exchange account and mail crashes with a "Unfortunately mail has stopped working" message. Tried restarting; no luck. Tried entering the setup info like 15 times in a row; no luck. I tried to rewipe and reflash, and still get the same problem.

Anyone else have this issue? Any fix?

Tx Redneck

Dec 24, 2010
I installed Absolution 4A7 and before I restored anything I tried to setup my work Exchange account and mail crashes with a "Unfortunately mail has stopped working" message. Tried restarting; no luck. Tried entering the setup info like 15 times in a row; no luck. I tried to rewipe and reflash, and still get the same problem.

Anyone else have this issue? Any fix?

With all due respect...

For those users that are feeling the need to try out ICS, but don't want to leave Absolution, we have an Alpha build that is available. The caveat being that users are willing to follow a few simple rules.

1. Understand that this is a Alpha release. NO BUG REPORTS! We know some things don't quite work the way we want, or we wouldn't be calling it an Alpha release.
2. Understand that AbsolutionICS is unsupported. It is a work in progress, with most things working.
3. Do NOT ask for any ETA on releases, updates, etc. If we are swamped with these types of requests/comments, we will pull it until a stable release is available to release.

G

GuestK007

just posting my experience.

loaded up modem 12.59.60.26P_26.11.04.21_M with absoICS and getting great signal even after 8hrs of usage. Im in NE Ohio fyi, i know modems are case by case, just saying what i got :)

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
See, check this out

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329363040188.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329363040188.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 130
  • uploadfromtaptalk1329363050472.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329363050472.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 132
  • uploadfromtaptalk1329363058515.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329363058515.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 129
G

GuestK007

6b0a037d-7964-86f5.jpg

The dip in the middle us when I changed to this radio. You can see a phone call on each side if it and the difference

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

flappjaxxx

Apr 8, 2009
Somewhere, FL
I understand that it is Alpha and not everything will work perfectly. I wasn't asking for support, an ETA on a fix or anything else from the devs; I was simply asking if anyone else (general users) had experienced something similar and if so, whether they found a workaround.

I personally don't have any exchange accounts I can set up to test. Sorry man. Wish I could point you in the right direction

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! In my beloved velvet leisure suit...

Reactions: MMM-BACONSTRIPS

MMM-BACONSTRIPS

Sep 7, 2011
Philadelphia
I understand that it is Alpha and not everything will work perfectly. I wasn't asking for support, an ETA on a fix or anything else from the devs; I was simply asking if anyone else (general users) had experienced something similar and if so, whether they found a workaround.

understandable, but typically the questions about apps and FCs are geared towards the devs so you can see how that could have been misinterpreted. I'm sure all the devs are getting a lot of fools asking them dumb questions especially about ICS ROMs so you can see how all those things add up and really start to set the devs off. With that said, I'll restore the ICS build when I get home and try my work exchange out for you if no one else can help you out before then.

rasroygbiv

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
fromnerdstonoobs.com
understandable, but typically the questions about apps and FCs are geared towards the devs so you can see how that could have been misinterpreted. I'm sure all the devs are getting a lot of fools asking them dumb questions especially about ICS ROMs so you can see how all those things add up and really start to set the devs off. With that said, I'll restore the ICS build when I get home and try my work exchange out for you if no one else can help you out before then.

That said, I wouldn't restore, I would update... ;)

Absolution saved my phone, Reggae soothes my soul

jscass2000

Sep 5, 2011
done and done sir. The exchange worked for me the first time and then FCed when I toggled between my email accounts. Not a huge issue since I hate my work email anyway and it gives me an excuse not to answer my bosses :)

What version of Exchange? I'm of 2010 SP1; wondering if it could be particular versions that have issues (or more issues) compared to others.

Oh, and thank you for testing.

Last edited:

Reinaldo33897

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
Need some help here from a Dev. Is there a way I can unzip this rom and swap the clicking sound on it to the beeping sound the zues rom has. I know I asked it before but got no answer.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Pick_A_Name

May 14, 2011
Dallas, TX

oFUNGUSo

Feb 16, 2011
round rock TX
So.......is lagfree supposed to be Tue best governer for smoothness or no? Mainly I'm just trying to get adw launcher to scroll as smoothly as possible. What's everyone's take on the best way to set up for smoothness of launcher? Overclock make a difference? Avoid undervoltng? Just curious. Regular awd included is pretty smooth but the paid.version is allways less smooth for me......though it has options I want access to

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

reade0871

Jan 12, 2012
New Jersey
Hey folks. I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. I am running 3.7 Absolution. When I flash the AbsolutionACE-v0.1.5-BFS kernel (because BFS is the only kernel that allows my stock music app to run smoothly without any skips) no one that I call or calls me can hear me when I speak although I can hear them just fine. I know it is not a mic issue because if I flash the CFS version of the kernel it works fine. I even reflashed from scratch doing a full wipe. As soon as I flash the BFS kernel the problem occurs. I even redownloaded the kernel and the ROM to ensure that no data integrity issues are causing the issue. I can duplicate this every time. The reason I hadn't picked up on this behavior sooner is because I very rarely use my phone for calling or receiving calls (yeah go figure). Any ideas as to why the CFS kernel and BFS kernel would be different in that regard? Thanks in advance.

Hey folks. I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. I am running 3.7 Absolution. When I flash the AbsolutionACE-v0.1.5-BFS kernel (because BFS is the only kernel that allows my stock music app to run smoothly without any skips) no one that I call or calls me can hear me when I speak although I can hear them just fine. I know it is not a mic issue because if I flash the CFS version of the kernel it works fine. I even reflashed from scratch doing a full wipe. As soon as I flash the BFS kernel the problem occurs. I even redownloaded the kernel and the ROM to ensure that no data integrity issues are causing the issue. I can duplicate this every time. The reason I hadn't picked up on this behavior sooner is because I very rarely use my phone for calling or receiving calls (yeah go figure). Any ideas as to why the CFS kernel and BFS kernel would be different in that regard? Thanks in advance.

Why don't you try Ascension? Bfs is "stock" with it

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Important Update*

*Important Update*
    I have found yet another bug in Absolution Tools and Tweak.
    This has been a work in progress since I made it but I thought it was working as it should.
    I was wrong. It has not been removing the tweak settings properly upon resetting cpu clock settings in tools.
    That being said, it does now. As far as I can tell from just now testing it, everything works as it should. But I have said that before :p
    Please Update Absolution Tools now.
    If you are in a country that cannot download from the automatic download links please download Absolution Tools v7.3 from the OTA>Apps Section.
    Thanks!

flappjaxxx OUT!
    Ok, I will research the kitchen and give it a whirl. I love the ability to customize my phone the way I want it. If I didn't I would have never rooted it and started flashing... Plus I really don't want to go into a boot loop, I don't wear boots or loops anyway!

Thanks for your help, simply amazing how quick you guys reply and help.

No prob...that's what make us better than any other team on this site.

Don't forget the thanks button! :)

I got your 10 char right here

abso Bacon Mod
    Ras accounts for 84% of my thanks..I love that guy! :D

There is another thanks for you buddy! Thanks for helping support this thing. Its awesome to have great users throw in and help out. We have the best users around!

Absolution saved my phone, Reggae soothes my soul
    I have a question that is not a when or anything like that and even bringing this up may be taboo, and if that is the case just tell me to shutup and I won't think about it again until it happens.

So, I have been watching the ICS ROMs becoming available and the entailing conversations. With that I am anticipating CM9 more and more. Now I am wondering what you all (the Collective) think about CM9 and if you plan on moving Absolution to this and if so how you foresee this change effecting this ROM? Again this is not a question of when, but if and what to expect...

Totally up in the air right now. Leaning more to a more pure aosp build personally but that is not set in stone anywhere. We will decide as a team and announce when we start an ICS build.

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    I love absolution and the work you guys do but I really like your blue stock abso theme from 3.3 and your blue wallpapers from 3.3. Any chance you can bring that stuff back and add it as options in absolution ota? Why remove extra options if the work is already done.

Its been said before...but I will say it again. Please give us a few days before asking about mods or add ons. A have just dropped a proverbial load here and need some time to recoup. If you knew how many hours were put into this over the weekend and yesterday, you would understand. That's time taken away from wife and kids who now deserve a little attention. Plus after any climax, a man wants to rest. Give us some time. I understand your like and want blue, but even tough the theme is done, its work. Which I ain't doing for a while. So, if you would like blue, feel free to stay on 3.3 for now...or, fine a thread in how to theme and bring it over.

Like Tupac said...I ain't mad atcha...just want some well deserved rest.

Sent from a phone.