[Q] Need a cm10 rom for htc desire c

Search This thread

aashking

Apr 8, 2014
Bangalore
As far as the reviews go for this rom, mobile data works and WiFi is fixed in #build3 of Rom mentioned in the above link...

Sent from my HTC Explorer using xda premium

Reactions: T@H@76

yashsoni

Apr 11, 2014
i am currently using this rom

hi i am currently using this ROM BUILD#3: ( WiFi Fixed ) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265060

this is almost perfect cm10 rom for desire C .
the only thing thats not working is FM radio as this is not there with any CM10 also i tried stock FM apk thisd party FM apps none of them works.

Now comming to WiFi - it works properly atleast for me .it connects normaly and also runs well .
the only problem that i face with wifi is that somtimes when i try to connect to my wifi it says authentication Err. so i tried with turning of the wifi password so after turning OFF password requirement for my home wifi it just connects instantly and not even single time i faced any problem with wifi password off. later i searched on the net for Android Wifi Authentication failed Err and came to know that this is a common problem with Android software mostly for JellyBean. so i obviously searched for its solutions and tried most of them which sometimes worked and somtimes did not worked and i did not want to keep my WiFi connectoin without password as it is not safe.
so i came up with my own simple solution which works every time form me on this ROM by cute prince. what i do is i when i want to connect to my home WiFi(with password ON) i enter the password and i get connected ,,then after using it for many hours or minutes if i dont want to use the wifi i simply do not TurnOFF the wifi of my phone ,,instead before disconecting i do is "forget the network" option this after that i turnOFF the wifi of my phone and afterwards when i want to reconnect to my wifi i turnON the wifi of my phone and select my wifi network then it asks for password,,(bcoz previously b4 truning off wifi i did forget the network option)..so i enter the password for y wifi and then i get connected instantly so this i how i got my problem solved but its safe simple ,needs no other third party app or or anything just simply reconnect and enter the password every time i want to connect.(NOTE-Authentication fault has got nothing to do with e rom made by cuteprince its a common problem with jellybean so pls dont do mistake of associating this problem with ROM do some research and youll come to know that thousands of people face this problem,,so if there was a problem with the rom then the wifi woulnoteven turnONN in the phone)
this ROM is just almost perfect and let me tell you its 100 times better than stock rom in terms of perfomance ,battery life improved massively ,,etc
every thing mentioned on the thread by cuteprince is true for the things that wworks.
so yes i do recomend this rom to try it if you want to.

Soon ill be sharing the Video that i made while installing this rom on my desire C which can help you .:eek:

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

hi here is the link to the video that i recorded while installing rom as i mentioned earlier
recording quality i not very good as its recorded with a vga cam of gioneel800 but that was the only camera tht i had at that time so u have to bare the quality and also its very shaky video as i was doing both the things recording and installing .
also there will be some balckout that means i m either connecting to pc usb or something else.

if i get time later ill upload a better version of this vid for now i just changed the orientation of video and added my name in caption.
pls do not upload this vid anywhere else .
this vid is just for refrence i should not be held responsible for anything wrong you do during your installation .

one more thing i had already unlocked my bootloader ,,rooted the phone and also installed clockwordmod so these parts are not shown in the video .
the video only shows installation of rom and gapps and firstboot after installation of CM10.
hope it helps
link- http://www.mediafire.com/watch/zrd6jhswfj1g6lk/DesireC_CM10_Build3_Install.wmv

T@H@76

Apr 24, 2014
Dear yashsoni
Thank for your help. You told me best things.
But i have a problem with this rom.
I can't extract it.the boot.img file is into the zip folder but it does't extract.
What should i do?

T@H@76

Apr 24, 2014
hi i am currently using this ROM BUILD#3: ( WiFi Fixed ) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265060

the only thing thats not working is FM radio as this is not there with any CM10 also i tried stock FM apk thisd party FM apps none of them works.

Now comming to WiFi - it works properly atleast for me .it connects normaly and also runs well .
the only problem that i face with wifi is that somtimes when i try to connect to my wifi it says authentication Err. so i tried with turning of the wifi password so after turning OFF password requirement for my home wifi it just connects instantly and not even single time i faced any problem with wifi password off. later i searched on the net for Android Wifi Authentication failed Err and came to know that this is a common problem with Android software mostly for JellyBean. so i obviously searched for its solutions and tried most of them which sometimes worked and somtimes did not worked and i did not want to keep my WiFi connectoin without password as it is not safe.
so i came up with my own simple solution which works every time form me on this ROM by cute prince. what i do is i when i want to connect to my home WiFi(with password ON) i enter the password and i get connected ,,then after using it for many hours or minutes if i dont want to use the wifi i simply do not TurnOFF the wifi of my phone ,,instead before disconecting i do is "forget the network" option this after that i turnOFF the wifi of my phone and afterwards when i want to reconnect to my wifi i turnON the wifi of my phone and select my wifi network then it asks for password,,(bcoz previously b4 truning off wifi i did forget the network option)..so i enter the password for y wifi and then i get connected instantly so this i how i got my problem solved but its safe simple ,needs no other third party app or or anything just simply reconnect and enter the password every time i want to connect.(NOTE-Authentication fault has got nothing to do with e rom made by cuteprince its a common problem with jellybean so pls dont do mistake of associating this problem with ROM do some research and youll come to know that thousands of people face this problem,,so if there was a problem with the rom then the wifi woulnoteven turnONN in the phone)
this ROM is just almost perfect and let me tell you its 100 times better than stock rom in terms of perfomance ,battery life improved massively ,,etc
every thing mentioned on the thread by cuteprince is true for the things that wworks.

Soon ill be sharing the Video that i made while installing this rom on my desire C which can help you .:eek:

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

hi here is the link to the video that i recorded while installing rom as i mentioned earlier
recording quality i not very good as its recorded with a vga cam of gioneel800 but that was the only camera tht i had at that time so u have to bare the quality and also its very shaky video as i was doing both the things recording and installing .
also there will be some balckout that means i m either connecting to pc usb or something else.

if i get time later ill upload a better version of this vid for now i just changed the orientation of video and added my name in caption.
this vid is just for refrence i should not be held responsible for anything wrong you do during your installation .

one more thing i had already unlocked my bootloader ,,rooted the phone and also installed clockwordmod so these parts are not shown in the video .
the video only shows installation of rom and gapps and firstboot after installation of CM10.
hope it helps
link- http://www.mediafire.com/watch/zrd6jhswfj1g6lk/DesireC_CM10_Build3_Install.wmv

Dear yashsoni
Thank for your help. You told me best things.
But i have a problem with this rom.
I can't extract it.the boot.img file is into the zip folder but it does't extract.
What should i do?

Quasar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
You don't have to extract anything. Just download N.O.P.E. or Prometheus kernel and flash that, then flash the ROM.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

T@H@76

Apr 24, 2014
You don't have to extract anything. Just download N.O.P.E. or Prometheus kernel and flash that, then flash the ROM.

It means i don't need to flash the noot.img file in the rom?
I just need to flash the n.o.p.e kernel?
Which is first? Install rom or flash kernel?
I mixed up.

Quasar

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
I mixed up.

no. you don't need to flash the kernel in this ROM zip file. Flash the N.O.P.E or Prometheus kernel first, then wipe cache and dalvik cache and then flash the ROM.

T@H@76

Apr 24, 2014
Oh no.
I completely do all works and levels but after reboot Rom Not applicable and it stay on htc mark.
what should i do?

yashsoni

Apr 11, 2014
i never flashed any kernel with this rom

fyi i never flashed any kernel i have stock kernel i did not use nopr or prometheiuis i just have stock nernel
all i did was
1- Full Wipe means format /system, /data, /cache
2-flash ROM
3-flash gapps
4-fash boot.img ,,flash it using "fastboot flash boot boot.img" command from pc
..i dont remember whether i used boot.img from the cm10 rar file but the file which i used is this https://www.mediafire.com/?d4s699whdj9cq3i

one thing i suggest you to do i do make a video of the entire installation process and share it here so that by seeing that vid other experienced users can help you.

i hope have seen the video that i shared and did somewhat similiary to that :confused: bcoz the process that i followed i the same process which cuteprince has written there and let me tell you this htc desire C i my first ever android phone and the first ever android phone i rooted and the first ever android phone on which i myself without help of any one personaly helping i manged to install CM10 on my phone. note i did a lot of reasearch before trying it out you have to know the concepts not just reading 2-3 lines but get deep into it then only you will unserstand why v are doing what in a particular step (i dont know how experienced your so im suggesting it),,i spent entire day reading about it and then only i tried it out and i was lucky to find right files and right guide and i followed it and then i was succesful.

Last edited:

Quasar

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
Oh no.
I completely do all works and levels but after reboot Rom Not applicable and it stay on htc mark.
what should i do?
Are you sure you flash the N.O.P.E. v2.6 kernel or Prometheus kernel for cm10 and not sense? If you have flashed the cm10 one, then try flashing the lowest frequency kernel. Possibly the 767 MHz one.

T@H@76

Apr 24, 2014
Are you sure you flash the N.O.P.E. v2.6 kernel or Prometheus kernel for cm10 and not sense? If you have flashed the cm10 one, then try flashing the lowest frequency kernel. Possibly the 767 MHz one.
thanks.
I test it with 750 MHz and it's correctly worked.
but it's low frequency.
how others use higher frequncy?

yashsoni

Apr 11, 2014
hi today i came to know about a major bug or dont know what to say to it

hi today i came to know abt a major bug or a fault or a forgetton thnig or dont know what to call it.

its related to charging of mobile under switch off condition.
its like this --if i keep my desire c OFF and then connect it to my charger> the normal default stock charger adapter or whatever you call it .
so when my phone is OFF and i wnat to charge it in OFF condition
1-i turn off my phone ok:good:
2-conect it to the charger:good:
3-i power on the charger by pressing the switch for the wall outlet and suddenly im taken into the recovery mode that i the CLOCKWORK mode im like what??:confused::cyclops::confused::eek:
4-then i check it again the same process and all the time im taken into recovery mode when i connect my charger to phone in switch off condition. and its not just with one charger at same socket but i tried with 3chargers that i have and at all the sockets in my house .

so i dont know how to solve this and as far as i remember i haVe not enabled any such setting as i never saw any setting like that.
so i exactly dont know if its a bug that s causing it or what?:confused:

Quasar

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
Flash minicm10. That ROM doesn't have this problem.

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
OC ? ... How about TNT or C4 Instead ?

thanks.
I test it with 750 MHz and it's correctly worked.
but it's low frequency.
how others use higher frequncy?
Dear Friend ... I Think if you switch into the Stuck / Android Rev , You would enjoy them more ... Because CM ROMs Don't have a good interface and also the are some kind of experimental and you can't expect them that make every thing work because they aren't suitable for the Device ... also I Recommend you not to OC because it makes your CPU survive less also more OC means shorter CPU life ... So if it works properly Just I Don't recommend you to OC it ... Good Luck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As far as the reviews go for this rom, mobile data works and WiFi is fixed in #build3 of Rom mentioned in the above link...

Sent from my HTC Explorer using xda premium
    i am currently using this rom

hope it helps

I mixed up.

no. you don't need to flash the kernel in this ROM zip file. Flash the N.O.P.E or Prometheus kernel first, then wipe cache and dalvik cache and then flash the ROM.
    i never flashed any kernel with this rom

fyi i never flashed any kernel i have stock kernel i did not use nopr or prometheiuis i just have stock nernel
    all i did was
    1- Full Wipe means format /system, /data, /cache
    2-flash ROM
    3-flash gapps
    4-fash boot.img ,,flash it using "fastboot flash boot boot.img" command from pc
    ..i dont remember whether i used boot.img from the cm10 rar file but the file which i used is this https://www.mediafire.com/?d4s699whdj9cq3i

one thing i suggest you to do i do make a video of the entire installation process and share it here so that by seeing that vid other experienced users can help you.

i hope have seen the video that i shared and did somewhat similiary to that :confused: bcoz the process that i followed i the same process which cuteprince has written there and let me tell you this htc desire C i my first ever android phone and the first ever android phone i rooted and the first ever android phone on which i myself without help of any one personaly helping i manged to install CM10 on my phone. note i did a lot of reasearch before trying it out you have to know the concepts not just reading 2-3 lines but get deep into it then only you will unserstand why v are doing what in a particular step (i dont know how experienced your so im suggesting it),,i spent entire day reading about it and then only i tried it out and i was lucky to find right files and right guide and i followed it and then i was succesful.