HW mod the device to install a microsd holder

Search This thread

@LiEn

Jun 11, 2008
That looks awesome I would like one of them. Please post back if you find how to install it.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

sxi200

Oct 18, 2010
Melbourne
So we can get the sd card holder but need to solder a connection point on the board.

Ahhh....took a picture of the internals but can no longer attach pics.

Anyway once opened, to the right of the flash is the sd slot. On the far far right is the connector for the volume/power button ribbon. To the left of that there are 2 identical connectors on the board. Both are unused. The one for the sd card seems to be identical to all of them but unfortunately the connector haven't been soldered on.

Someone like a phone repairer should be able to remove 1 of the unused connectors and solder it on to the sd card point.

Edit: just noticed the pictures on the first post of the previous page.

Last edited:

peybolman

Sep 24, 2012
I found the service manual. Samsung_GT-P7500_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_3G_Service Manual

I found the service manual. It is a zip with 7 pdf.

Docs Samsung GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G 07 level 2 repair - assembly disassembly instructions.pdf and Samsung GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G 08 level 3 repair - block-, pcb diagrams, flow chart of troubleshooting.pdf have close up pictures and parts schematics, etc.

Samsung_GT-P7500_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_3G_Service Manual.zip

depositfiles.com/files/6ae78fwb8

cpkb.org/wiki/Samsung_GT-P7500_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_3G_service_manual

We got to get this done!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Etss

Apr 19, 2010
I took a closer look of that model motherboard schematic what already has microsd card holder installed and right next to micro sd card connector (10pin) should be ~10 components, what my model P7510, is missing...

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
R: HW mod the device to install a microsd holder

Just thinking on a workaround...
What if we try to use the simcard reader? Is there any adapter for microsd?
Maybe we can use some of the pinouts as long as there are compatible lines...
Sim should have an amount of memory for storage seen by the device. If we can use that way to read a microsd our problem would be solved...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But it's still possible to use the internal connector and slot, ready for the microsd holder.

This is the holder:
    201112211935395264.jpg

And below is the mainboard of the tab
    My next step....

XDA is no longer worth my time.